04-27-2017 10:06 AM
65 123
tools
    I'm trying to find that ambulant noise thing to disable it. Where is it at exactly?
    05-13-2016 11:24 PM
    OK.. Found it.. I'll see if it works... Thanks Bacchus71.
    05-13-2016 11:51 PM
    You're welcome, hope it works for you
    05-14-2016 05:44 AM
    Well I'm still getting the problem.. It sucks. I like the phone, but they( Motorola) needs to fix this problem.
    05-14-2016 08:16 PM
    Did you replace it or did you find a way to fix it.. Mine is only a month old.. What should I do with my Turbo 2?
    05-14-2016 08:56 PM
    This issue actually seems very similar to the issues I was having at the same time as you that Verizon admitted to me were most likely service related not phone related. They went away and came back recently. It may just be bad timing and unfortunate for Moto that it happened around the time people were getting their Droid Turbo 2s, especially as it's happening for me on a different phone.
    05-17-2016 07:54 AM
    Another thing to try: on the dialer screen click the three dots at top right, press "Call" and turn off "Voice privacy".
    05-17-2016 08:15 AM
    I actually have the same issue. My household purchase these phones at Christmas time. So we have 4 of them all of us are having the same problem. Verizon troubleshooted mine first send me a new one and still having the problem. I can even have my phone on Bluetooth with it sitting down in front of me And same problem. I personally feel that there antenna or transmitter or whatever it is that picks up the signal is junk. This mNy people cannot have that many issues. Verizon keeps trying to say it's the area I'm in but I am a creature of habit same areas as before with my Samsung Galaxy. Droid is just junk.
    06-19-2016 09:14 AM
    I am having the same issue, but I certainly wouldn't call Moto junk. I have completely turned off advanced calling and other ideas in this thread and I am not having the problem anymore. Random drops also plagued me, and recently I sat on a 2 hour conference call with no issues at all.

I've never been a fan of voip in any form and to my understanding that is just what the volte system is with advanced calling.

I think the biggest shortfall of almost all new phones coming out is the absence of a second radio for calls and internet consecutively.

I miss my og Moto X

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-19-2016 01:31 PM
    Okay the saga continues. I am onto my 3rd turbo 2 and still have similar issues. Outbound voice gets muffled and even drops randomly. I have worked with Verizon and Motorola with all saying they don't have any documented issues and don't know what to tell me. I have done two factory resets and on the last have not installed any 3rd party apps, so running a stock phone. I have made one call that I believe it is still having the same issues but will test further tonight. It doesn't seem to be reserved to a area to network issues seems to be ruled out.

I really hate to give up the phone as the other features are great but not sure I can deal with a phone that I can't make consistent phone calls.
    Dump it!!! I am on my second phone, and have the exact same issues, with no other solution except for them sending me another one. It has something to do with the Mic,,,,u can turn off advanced calling features and you will be able to use you phone. As soon as you turn that feature on,,,poof,,, the worst phone ever
    09-13-2016 03:06 PM
    I just got my Droid Turbo 2 two weeks ago. I have the exact same issue of the outgoing Mike does not work well on voice calls. Most calls cannot hear me but I can hear them.
    Verizon and Motorola have not been helpful!!!!!
    12-27-2016 04:18 PM
    I have had the same trouble with my Droid Turbo 2. I have had the phone for three weeks. I read somewhere that the noice cancelling feature was causing the problem. So I went to phone app then clicked on the three dots upper right the call settings and unchecked noice cancelling and the phone has worked great for last three days. Everyone that could not hear me are now saying I'm load and clear. I hope this helps.
    12-30-2016 09:12 PM
    My wife has had the same problem with two DT2s AND a DROID MAXX she has before that. VERY frustrating as I have to constantly tell her that I cannot hear her. I also have a DT2 but she's never had a problem hearing me. Weird. Exact same settings on both phones. Different third party apps, though.
    01-09-2017 12:30 AM
    I'm in CT and having same problem with my phone. Need to figure this out just got it last week. If this is a glitch in the Turbo 2 will have to get an LG.
    04-27-2017 10:01 AM
    I'm in CT and having same problem with my phone. Need to figure this out just got it last week. If this is a glitch in the Turbo 2 will have to get an LG.
    As suggested above, this could be due to a problem with noise cancellation. There are several microphones on the Turbo 2 besides where you think, and if (say) you have a case that covers any of the other microphones, it can cause this issue.

Another issue could be Advanced Calling (VoLTE) if you have that feature turned on. On two different phones, I've had issues where people could not hear me when I had that turned on, so now I only use it when I am traveling on highways, where I can be more certain of good LTE coverage and when I want to use data for driving directions using Google Maps. (Advanced Calling allows simultaneous voice and data over LTE. Otherwise, when you are on a call, you can only access data within apps when you have WiFi.)
    04-27-2017 10:06 AM
65 123