I currently have a Note 5 and was curious if anyone has gone from the Note 5 to a Turbo 2?

I just recently got a Turbo 2 for my wife through Moto Maker and got it all set up for her and actually liked the phone after messing around with it for a couple hrs and was thinking about picking one up. Thoughts on anyone that made the switch or am I just crazy for even thinking about switching?

The Note 5 is an awesome phone but for some reason I can't get that Turbo 2 out of my head. Especially all the Moto quirks like the screen turning on when you wave your hand over it among other things.
    11-20-2015 02:31 PM
    I bought the note5 on release day. I've mentioned before the only two kinds of phones i have used the last few years are either notes or moto droids.

The note5 is impressive, ive had them all except the first one. I love the note line, i also love the motos w the big batteries.

The first thing you realize is they are two different animals. They are geared at two separate target groups.

I love the Spen and the screen, and have always got good battery life from the notes. The cameras are top notch and touchwiz is the best its ever been on the note5.

Now that ive said that, i love the moto droids, and the turbo2 is by far the best of them in my opinion. While the battery gets me through a long day easily it won't do 48hrs with my usage.

The camera is much better than ever before, even tho its not note5 quality.

I like the moto display and that and voice controls are the first thing i miss when i go back to a new note.
    I like that the turbo2 has the new shattershield screen, i like that it feels like it will handle a drop. The note5 w the glass back back is really the first phone i worried about breaking.

A lot of people like that tge turbo2 has a place for an sd card. Also, being pretty close to stock android is a big plus for a lot of people.

As far as day to day usage tge turbo2 is fast, i am not a gamer somi can't speak to that type of usage.

Both are awesome phones, but there is a lot of stuff on the note5 that i just dont use, and i actually use the moto features quite a lot..

You cant go wrong w either.

Think of the note5 as a fast car with all the options, and the turbo2 as stripped down muscle car.. both turn heads, but for different reasons lol

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-20-2015 04:07 PM
    Well said, russel, and thank you. In the back of my mind, I was wondering if I chose the right phone because I was REALLY contemplating the Note5. This helped clear it up. Think I'll keep the DT2.
    11-20-2015 04:45 PM
    I came from a Note 3, I had contemplated the Note 5, but wanted the capability of using my MicroSD and longer battery life. Think they were the two driving factors for me. I love not having to plug my phone in by lunch when using my phone moderately. I have yet to need to do that with my T2. There's obvious differences, between the two, but there always seems to be an app you can use to get around something. Just a matter of finding it.
    11-20-2015 08:34 PM