Is this the most slippery phone ever made?

SupraLB

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
Love so much about this phone, but it's just so hard to hold. I went with the ballistic nylon, after holding the leather and soft grip, which felt even more slippery. I can't believe they made this phone so hard to hold. My turbo 1 was so much better to grip.

I've tried two slim cases , but they still add too much bulk. Any other solutions?

KeithLa

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
I've tried two slim cases , but they still add too much bulk. Any other solutions?

SupraLB, which slim cases did you try? After my first day with the leather back, I've also concluded I'll need to get a case for better grip, since I really don't want to dent or scratch the nice metal trim. I also really liked the Verizon branded silicone cover I used on my Droid Maxx, just enough cushioning and keeping it from sliding on surfaces, car seats, etc. So, I'm considering the Cimo Grip Clear ($7.99 on Amazon), which looks very thin and has very positive reviews.

SupraLB

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
SupraLB, which slim cases did you try? After my first day with the leather back, I've also concluded I'll need to get a case for better grip, since I really don't want to dent or scratch the nice metal trim. I also really liked the Verizon branded silicone cover I used on my Droid Maxx, just enough cushioning and keeping it from sliding on surfaces, car seats, etc. So, I'm considering the Cimo Grip Clear ($7.99 on Amazon), which looks very thin and has very positive reviews.

I tried these two:
Cimo [Wave] Premium Slim TPU Flexible Soft Case
LK Ultra [Slim Thin] Scratch Resistant TPU Rubber Soft Skin Silicone Protective Case

They fit well and made the phone much easier to grip. They are somewhat slim, but slim for a case that offers protection. I want no protection at all - as thin as wrapping paper! The phone is not going to break if it drops. I just want it to grip better. Makes it too hard to type with it slipping around.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
My Turbo 1 was much more slippery with the MGF. The T2 is still slippery, but not as bad as the T1 for me. The CF they had on the Maxx before the Turbo was much better. The sides seem to be a big slippery area on this one.

Toes Up

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I really like this phone but it is really slippery. Agreed, the sides are part of the problem. Much more slippery than my T1 with BN.

The Cimo case is OK, but a bumper would really be nice, more so for the grip than anything else.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
If there was something akin to grip tape that someone made just cut to the size of the sides I think that would work well - not add any additional size to the phone, but still making it more grippy. They apparently don't beta test this much because we all noticed it pretty quickly and most people also seemed to think the T1 was super slick so you'd think they would have 'fixed' that on the T2. The soft touch back is definitely better than the MGF on my T1 at least.

Slothzilla

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site
Definitely want to know if anyone comes up with something super slim. I've been using a phone/wallet case on my old note 2 and now that I've upgraded to this phone I have no idea what to do. My hands are rough and this thing is almost impossible to hang on to with one hand

SupraLB

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
I still have my Turbo 1 with the soft grip, and its very grippy. The new soft grip on T2 is a different material and tough to hold.

The LG G4 was the the other phone I was looking at, and it was incredibly grippy, and non slip. Not sure what material its called, probably just plastic, but it sure was easy to hold with one hand and not slipping.

There is virtually no way I can type with one hand with the T2 like I used to be able to do with T1.

copywrite

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
This turned out to be a great $8 buy. Super thin, and better grip than the tech21 on the sides, but probably not as grippy on the back.

Black Matte TPU Soft Rubber Case Cover for motorola Droid Turbo 2 Kinzte XT1585 | eBay

Posted via the Android Central App

I picked up this case for less than $4 and it is great for the money. Does yours seem to be a little loose fitting on the top by the headphone jack opening? Mine seems to not completely cover the lip and if i push on it it makes a sort of clicking noise. I'm trying to determine if that is just how the case fits or if i should order another one.

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
I picked up this case for less than $4 and it is great for the money. Does yours seem to be a little loose fitting on the top by the headphone jack opening? Mine seems to not completely cover the lip and if i push on it it makes a sort of clicking noise. I'm trying to determine if that is just how the case fits or if i should order another one.

Mine has a pretty good fit. I'm not using it anymore because I got the Speck case. If you want, I'll shove it in the mail to you and you can mail me back 2 bucks if you want.

EDIT: Gone to copywrite

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

SupraLB

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
I got tired of the slipperiness. The 2 I tried cases added too much bulk. Returned the phone for a LG V10, and so much happier. Not just the grip, but just about everything is better on this phone and battery life is about the same.