Current Iphone 5 owner first stab at Android platform. Considered Nexus 6P, but idea of $700+ (including Nexus protect) out of pocket on a phone just did not appeal to me. Loved the phone specs but $$$ did not make sense. Plus was worried that the phone will be too fragile and too tall to carry in front pocket once case is added. Why mfgs insist on stereo speakers on a phone???? Tested Note 5 in Verizon store and it felt great in my hand but...... This thing needs a case. Kept coming back to DT2....
    Got $200!!! trade in on a Lumia 520 (ATT) that was a temp phone my gf used when her Iphone 4 took a swim and she needed something for a couple of months before Iphone 6 came out. Plus got the $100 off with 'UPGRADE' coupon
    I did not want to use a case, DT2 is build like a tank! I keep my phones for 2+ years and with new trend of $200 trade-in offers, not worried about scratches/dings once its time for upgrade.
    If I do not like it (very unlikely), on ebay it goes. Screen brightness/quality is not a concern for me as I use privacy screen protectors and do not mind degraded quality because of it. Battery life, durability and some water resistance were primary concerns.
    Got a 32GB version, as almost $100 for the refresh option did not make sense for me.
    Attached Thumbnails Iphone user taking Android plunge-droid-turbo-2.png  
    11-21-2015 11:01 AM
    Excellent decision for your needs!!!!

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-21-2015 11:03 AM
    Current Iphone 5 owner first stab at Android platform. Considered Nexus 6P, but idea of $700+ (including Nexus protect) out of pocket on a phone just did not appeal to me. Loved the phone specs but $$$ did not make sense. Plus was worried that the phone will be too fragile and too tall to carry in front pocket once case is added. Why mfgs insist on stereo speakers on a phone???? Tested Note 5 in Verizon store and it felt great in my hand but...... This thing needs a case. Kept coming back to DT2....
    Got $200!!! trade in on a Lumia 520 (ATT) that was a temp phone my gf used when her Iphone 4 took a swim and she needed something for a couple of months before Iphone 6 came out. Plus got the $100 off with 'UPGRADE' coupon
    I did not want to use a case, DT2 is build like a tank! I keep my phones for 2+ years and with new trend of $200 trade-in offers, not worried about scratches/dings once its time for upgrade.
    If I do not like it (very unlikely), on ebay it goes. Screen brightness/quality is not a concern for me as I use privacy screen protectors and do not mind degraded quality because of it. Battery life, durability and some water resistance were primary concerns.
    Got a 32GB version, as almost $100 for the refresh option did not make sense for me.
    Welcome. It's a good phone! I've been putting it through the paces. I think us phone nuts have in our minds what the perfect phone should be and this pretty much fills the criteria. For me call quality is important too... Lol and at times it had issues but you have to take into consideration the other person's phone as well. I also had some multitasking issues but with a reset it is all good now. I have the copper ballistic back with champagne accents. I customized it on the Verizon website. Enjoy your phone.

zagloba likes this.
    11-21-2015 11:09 AM
    Welcome. It's a good phone! I've been putting it through the paces. I think us phone nuts have in our minds what the perfect phone should be and this pretty much fills the criteria. For me call quality is important too... Lol and at times it had issues but you have to take into consideration the other person's phone as well. I also had some multitasking issues but with a reset it is all good now. I have the copper ballistic back with champagne accents. I customized it on the Verizon website. Enjoy your phone.

Completely agree, there is no such thing as perfect phone. This phone offers a good balance of specs/durability and price (~$350 shipped for me). Arriving 11/24!
    11-21-2015 11:43 AM
    Completely agree, there is no such thing as perfect phone. This phone offers a good balance of specs/durability and price (~$350 shipped for me). Arriving 11/24!
    Enjoy

11-21-2015 11:47 AM
    You can get the screen to be brighter if you turn off "adaptive" display setting.

11-22-2015 08:47 AM
    Congrats on the purchase. If for some reason you don't like it, you can always return within the two week period. I had the Turbo and now the T2 and loving mine. I did the refresh option only so I can get a near mint device prior to picking up the next best thing that comes out.
    11-22-2015 08:56 AM
    Agreed. Never liked the auto brightness setting on iphone. Brightness is too much of a personal preference setting, first thing I do when using my gf iphone is turn it down.
    11-22-2015 08:57 AM
    Not sure what you've read about the screen brightness, quality, colors, etc... but I hope you'll be pleasantly surprised; I'm finding no faults whatsoever with it. Colors are vibrant and deep. Details are as sharp as any other screen with the same pixel count. Brightness hasn't been an issue; I mean in direct sunlight, sure, I need to crank it up to see it better, but that's par for the course.
    11-22-2015 09:34 AM