Audio text sends instantly, no chance to review?

Cindy B1

May 18, 2014
Visit site
audio text sends instantly, no chance to review? Help!

I was trying to do a text message with voice to text so I didn't have to type it out. I pressed the little microphone in the window and started talking (it says hold to record). As soon as I let go it said message sent. I didn't even realize I was doing an audio text! It didn't let me review it or anything, it was jsut sent instantly. It's a cool feature, but could land you in trouble if you say something you didn't mean to....Is there a setting to be able to review it? Or to not have the little mic show up unless you turn it on?

I realize I have to use the mic on the keyboard to dictate a text, but the audio text is a cool feature, but you have to be careful! I came from a moto x on kitkat 4.4. It didn't do this. Is it a lollipop thing or a Droid thing?

Also, my husband has an iphone 5. My phone says message sent, he didn't receive it. (he gets regular ones, not the audio ones)

Cindy B1

May 18, 2014
Visit site
Re: audio text sends instantly, no chance to review? Help!

Thanks, i do know how to use moto voice, but I usually send texts from the messaging app so I can see the thread. I am currently using Verizon Messages, which I like. I think this audio text feature is part of that app, that's why I never used it before, it wasn't on my old Moto X 2013. I will do a search on verizon message and maybe I can find a way to use audio with a preview rather than I stand send.