I was trying to do a text message with voice to text so I didn't have to type it out. I pressed the little microphone in the window and started talking (it says hold to record). As soon as I let go it said message sent. I didn't even realize I was doing an audio text! It didn't let me review it or anything, it was jsut sent instantly. It's a cool feature, but could land you in trouble if you say something you didn't mean to....Is there a setting to be able to review it? Or to not have the little mic show up unless you turn it on?

I realize I have to use the mic on the keyboard to dictate a text, but the audio text is a cool feature, but you have to be careful! I came from a moto x on kitkat 4.4. It didn't do this. Is it a lollipop thing or a Droid thing?

Also, my husband has an iphone 5. My phone says message sent, he didn't receive it. (he gets regular ones, not the audio ones)
    11-21-2015 01:12 PM
    I've never tried it that way. You should really use Moto Voice to dictate text messages.

See https://motorola-global-portal.custh...p/30,6720,9197 for more info and to get started.
    11-21-2015 02:22 PM
    Thanks, i do know how to use moto voice, but I usually send texts from the messaging app so I can see the thread. I am currently using Verizon Messages, which I like. I think this audio text feature is part of that app, that's why I never used it before, it wasn't on my old Moto X 2013. I will do a search on verizon message and maybe I can find a way to use audio with a preview rather than I stand send.
    11-21-2015 02:46 PM