Weird Google issue

Drucifer007

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Just got my Turbo 2 on Wednesday and I'm having a funny issue with Google voice search. It will randomly turn on when I place it in my pocket on occasion. Anyone else have this issue?

Posted via Android Central App

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Just got my Turbo 2 on Wednesday and I'm having a funny issue with Google voice search. It will randomly turn on when I place it in my pocket on occasion. Anyone else have this issue?

Is Google Voice search activating or is it Moto Voice?

Drucifer007

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I believe it's Google voice search. I'm not exactly sure because I only notice it when the search sound good off. I always lock my phone when I finish using it and my voice command for moto voice is pretty specific.

Moto0685

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site

By default the turbo 2 uses moto voice which can be activated with the screen locked but with a voice command to do it I certainly do not have an issue like this.

Posted via the Android Central App

beeare

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I believe it's Google voice search. I'm not exactly sure because I only notice it when the search sound good off. I always lock my phone when I finish using it and my voice command for moto voice is pretty specific.

I was having the same problem. There's a new moto voice feature that allows you to activate moto voice by putting the phone to your ear (I think it's in the gesture section of the settings). I didn't find this feature particularly useful. If you go into moto settings, you can disable this feature. It stopped happening for me after I did this, so I'm pretty confident this was the issue. I'm pretty sure moto voice was activating when I was putting my phone in my pocket. I guess it was tricking the sensor into thinking it was up against my ear. Either way, unless you truly love this feature, this was an easy fix that didn't force me to turn off anything I would ever really use. Hope this helps!

carter17

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
I was having a problem where is just always came on without even saying OK Google now had to retrain it now it's back to normal

Posted via the Android Central App