11-30-2015 01:02 AM
    Been trying it this weekend, does seem to help preserve battery while screen off. Ending my 14 hour day today with nearly 50% battery, when I've typically been at 15% or less by now (though today was relatively light screen on time).

Remember, you need to manually select in Doze which apps should *not* be blocked by it while screen is off, e.g. messengers, voicemail, news, and others that you want to receive push notices from.
    11-30-2015 02:05 AM
    This is not the official doze from marshmallow often these battery saving apps cause issues like shutting off things when the screen is off that you want on the way the battery drains when is off at least for me is not significant enough to install this app

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-30-2015 07:01 AM
    This is not the official doze from marshmallow often these battery saving apps cause issues like shutting off things when the screen is off that you want on the way the battery drains when is off at least for me is not significant enough to install this app

Posted via the Android Central App
    I actually think standby on this phone is really good. If you're not going to charge it overnight, just put the phone into airplane mode and you'll barely lose any battery.
    11-30-2015 09:07 AM
    I actually think standby on this phone is really good. If you're not going to charge it overnight, just put the phone into airplane mode and you'll barely lose any battery.
    That's been my experience as well. Standby has been phenomenal. One the few days where I started with a 100% charge and barely used the phone, I could pick up the phone in the afternoon of day one and check the battery see that it was forecast to last another 3 days -- and I leave WiFi, Bluetooth, etc. on 24x7. Just seems very well tuned for standby right now. Looking forward to seeing what Marshmallow does for it when it becomes available, but for now, standby isn't a concern for me at all. With that in mind, I'm reluctant to add additional apps that muck with whatever algorithms and processes Moto and Google have in place in this phone that delivers the battery performance that I'm already seeing.

Jon
    elvee68 and 1901Madison like this.
    11-30-2015 09:26 AM