So I just got the Turbo 2 this past Wednesday. Really love it, it's great, yadda yadda...

Anyway, I did get a screen protector for this phone to protect from scratches, but I'm debating on whether or not to get a case for it. My Turbo 2 has the gray "Kevlar" fabric backing, and I really like the feel of it.

I do use my phone quite a bit throughout the day, and I'm not clumsy, but this phone has a pretty "slick" feel to it. Are you all getting a case for yours? I do like the feel of the back of this phone, but I'd probably regret not having it in a case if I did drop it. Thoughts?
    jrowe likes this.
    11-30-2015 08:29 AM
    Much as I like the phone "naked" (except for the glass screen protector I had Verizon add to all 3 of the Turbo 2's we just got), I wound up getting a Case*Mate for it (the black one sold via Verizon). Just grippy enough, excellent added protection, and the phone still slips easily in/out of my pocket. I've taken the case off for a day, and wound up putting it back on. Just feels more secure with it on, and I like the added grip. I also like this particular case due to the way the buttons are set up -- no extra effort to push them, which is a problem with some other cases.
    11-30-2015 08:34 AM
    If you scroll down a ways in this forum you will see a thread with many comments regarding cases. "Cases for the Droid Turbo 2."
    11-30-2015 08:34 AM
    If you scroll down a ways in this forum you will see a thread with many comments regarding cases. "Cases for the Droid Turbo 2."
    Thanks. I did a cursory search before and for some reason missed that one.
    11-30-2015 08:48 AM
    I love the feel of the phone without a case, but unfortunately the phone is just too wide and slippery to use without one. I generally keep my Cimo case on, but every once in awhile when I'm just sitting around, I'll take the case off to remind myself how much I love the kevlar back.
    11-30-2015 09:02 AM
    Everybody's tastes are different, but I think you answered your own, when you said that it feels pretty slick to you

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-30-2015 09:12 AM
    The Otter Box "Defender" is a chunky case, but it hides the Verizon logo at the bottom of the screen, haha.
    11-30-2015 10:11 AM
    I got the defender for mine. But I have always used defenders so jt was a no brainer to me.
    11-30-2015 11:25 AM
    I got the ottebox commuter case the thing I like about it is the power switch was to easy to press with the case it tightens up the power and volume switches

11-30-2015 11:45 AM
    I've never used a case on a smart phone and don't plan to now. I wish it felt more like d.maxx or dt1 in hand, but it's still less slippery than my G3 was.

11-30-2015 11:48 AM
    I tried no case on this phone but I was always worrying about it so I just went back to a case.
    11-30-2015 11:51 AM
    Till I see a good bumper. This phone is too slippery to not have a case.
    11-30-2015 12:20 PM
    I would go without a case if they didn't beat out samsung for the most slippery phone made!!

The sides need texture!! Why do they not think of these things!!

Moto Droid Turbo 2
    12-01-2015 01:01 AM
    Till I see a good bumper. This phone is too slippery to not have a case.
    Have you seen a bumper yet? I've been looking since I got it.

I would go without a case if they didn't beat out samsung for the most slippery phone made!!

So far, I've been going without, but I did order one from Verizon (the standard issue black silicone) for the times when the potential is there for more rugged use. Times like when we're on the boat with sunscreen or sweat on the hands, and I'll be tossing it in the glove-box regularly or when I'll be throwing it in a backpack while hiking or something similar...
    12-01-2015 05:54 AM

Moto Droid Turbo 2
    I agree, subtle ridges on the aluminum or something, c'mon man! Ideally there would be a way to wrap the aluminum in clear grippy vinyl to maintain the look and feel, but add grip. The problem with even the thinnest tpu case is they negate the curvature of the back and make the phone boxxy, which makes it seem bulkier than it is.
    12-01-2015 08:37 AM
    I got the naked case and lime it
    12-01-2015 10:59 PM
    I got a case w mine when i got it, a case mate i think. The case was good but the buttons were too easy to push, they would get pressed when in my pocket.

I traded it for a tech21 case because you have to apply pressure to the buttons which is what i wanted, but the tech21 gets slippery

Sent with my white Note5 with nonremovable back and no SDcard!
    12-01-2015 11:21 PM
    Otterbox Commuter, from my point of view this is an expensive hand held computer so I might as well protect the investment. A bit OT but I also use a flexible glass screen protector, again to protect the investment.
    12-02-2015 03:06 AM
    I am considering this phone and if I do get it then it will be used without a case for sure, it is a tough rugged monkey
    12-02-2015 03:10 AM
    Tech21

12-03-2015 05:20 PM
    Tech21

I tried one at Verizon -- looks and feels great, but the buttons are way too hard to press for my taste. The Case*Mate tough (all black) provides nice protection without getting too thick -- and the buttons remain easy to press. If the Tech21 could pretty much remain the same but have buttons more along the feel of the Case*Mate, I'd pick one up tomorrow...
    12-03-2015 06:10 PM
    I like the UAG case I picked up. It looks cool and has a good feel to it. No more slippery phone.
    12-04-2015 09:45 PM