Looking for a super grippy case for the Droid Turbo 2, any suggestions?

A

AC Question

Looking for a super grippy case for droid turbo 2

I'm trying to find a basic case for my droid turbo 2. Basically a soft, flexible, all black silicone case. Not TPU, hard plastic, or dual layer. I found cases like this for my last 2 droids (the X, and the maxx), but yet to find one for the turbo 2. They were both super grippy. They do not slide around at all. I work in a assembly plant, so I need something that will not slide around on metal. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

jonstrong

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Re: Looking for a super grippy case for droid turbo 2

I'm trying to find a basic case for my droid turbo 2. Basically a soft, flexible, all black silicone case. Not TPU, hard plastic, or dual layer. I found cases like this for my last 2 droids (the X, and the maxx), but yet to find one for the turbo 2. They were both super grippy. They do not slide around at all. I work in a assembly plant, so I need something that will not slide around on metal. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I've been looking for one of those as well. I've got a Case*Mate on my own turbo 2, but my wife had an single layer silicone case on her gen 1 Moto X and would love the same thing on her turbo 2. I've searched pretty thoroughly and still don't see one on the market yet. TPU and dual layer cases dominate the "basic case" category now, even on Ebay, and searching for "silicone" cases brings up hits for TPU cases that have misleading listing titles (e.g., "Soft, TPU rubber silicone") and dual layer cases ("silicone and hard plastic"). Also checked a couple of local stores that sell cheap cases as a sideline, and none have cases for the turbo 2 yet. Hopefully they'll start to appear soon.

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site

Check out the speck candyshell grip. Verizon should be getting it soon, but for now you can go to a corporate VZ store and check it out for a different model, like the Maxx, to see what it is like. It's got rubber rib grips.

Posted via the Android Central App

tlacour

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
tumi-astor-co-mold-case-droid-turbo-2-gray-coated-canvas-iset-tumo-002-ccgry-v.png

I got this Tumi case from my local Verizon store. Great grip on the back and sides. No fingerprints, fits great, very professional looking.

mez70

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the responses guys. I'll keep my eyes open. I seen the Tumi case at the store, but it wasn't grippy enough. It slid around the counter pretty easily. I showed the employee my case from the phone I was trading in, and he was impressed how you could not get it to slide around at all without really applying pressure to it. So I'll keep looking for a basic (all silicone) case.

bubbad3

May 26, 2011
Visit site

Just received my UAG. Wasn't really happy with the Speck I bought, and the UAG was a good fit for my Samsung S6. As good as it was on that phone, it's even better on this one. Very happy with it!

tlacour

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the responses guys. I'll keep my eyes open. I seen the Tumi case at the store, but it wasn't grippy enough. It slid around the counter pretty easily. I showed the employee my case from the phone I was trading in, and he was impressed how you could not get it to slide around at all without really applying pressure to it. So I'll keep looking for a basic (all silicone) case.

I hadn't thought about sliding on a counter, I was thinking about the feel in hand.

You would probably like the Speck candyshell. I think it is now available for the DT2.

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
I hadn't thought about sliding on a counter, I was thinking about the feel in hand.

You would probably like the Speck candyshell. I think it is now available for the DT2.

As of yesterday it was sold out on Amazon. However, definitely check it out at the Verizon store for one of the other phones, and at least you can see what it feels like

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adelinachau53674