Trying to understand if the Qi wireless charging capability built into the DT2 is the standard (5 Watt) or the newly emergent fast (10 Watt) capability? Specifically, will the DT2 charge any faster with the newer generation of wireless fast chargers, or will it only be able to charge at the standard (5 Watt) rate with these enhanced wireless chargers, hence negating the value added (and extra expense) of the faster charging rate? The only info I can find in the DT2 specs is that it has Qi wireless charging, but is silent on which version.......
    Thanks!
    12-01-2015 09:49 AM
    I bought the 10 watt "turbo" Qi charger by Choe from Amazon. Works beautifully with the DT2, but seemingly only as a regular Qi charger. No indication that there's any turbo charging happening. I don't believe the DT2 can benefit from a high output Qi charger any more than from a regular Qi charger.
    01-26-2016 05:54 PM
    Hi,

I believe for right now, the 5 watt standard is what most devices with Qi charging is capable. I was reading the next version to come out will be a Qi Wireless 1.2, which will be a 15 watt output. I found this on the Wireless Power Consortium page.

Doc

Posted via the Android Central App on my Motorola Droid Turbo 2
    01-27-2016 08:44 AM
    DT2 utilizes 5W wireless charging.

That CHOE charger is not certified. Be aware that this can cause problems.
    01-27-2016 11:15 AM
    DT2 utilizes 5W wireless charging.

That CHOE charger is not certified. Be aware that this can cause problems.
    Could you explain further about non certified QI chargers. How will a phone be effected negatively? Curious cuz I was just beotching about my battery not being good but I use QI charging all day and night and they (I'm assuming) are not "certified" as I got them from a Chinese site for like 4 bucks each. They do work fine though.
    01-27-2016 04:34 PM
    Could you explain further about non certified QI chargers. How will a phone be effected negatively? Curious cuz I was just beotching about my battery not being good but I use QI charging all day and night and they (I'm assuming) are not "certified" as I got them from a Chinese site for like 4 bucks each. They do work fine though.
    Non-certified chargers do not negatively impact a battery nor battery life. However, certified chargers are always a better idea because they have to meet the WPC's certification standard (categorized based on the charger's power rating), meaning that you can very much expect them to work well 100% of the time, and they have to pass an interoperability test.

The interoperability test usually entails testing various, recently certified, retail receivers on the charger to make sure it works with all of them.
    rdjr74 likes this.
    02-01-2016 04:58 PM