07-30-2016 06:34 PM
280 1234 ...
tools
    Sorry thought it uploaded my other images.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails DROID Turbo 2 Battery life-2278.jpg  
    12-02-2015 06:58 PM
    One more

Attached Thumbnails DROID Turbo 2 Battery life-2277.jpg  
    12-02-2015 06:58 PM
    Well, I am going to turn off my smart notifications to my watch for now and turn Bluetooth off unless I sync my watch. I also am going to use the round weather/battery notification instead of the one I was using. I hope that helps..

Also my phone gets very warm when its charging on turbo is that normal?
    12-02-2015 07:31 PM
    Figured I'd post a bunch of screens from numerous days. I'd say this is very consistent with what I've become accustomed to in about 2 weeks with this device.
    Attached Thumbnails DROID Turbo 2 Battery life-1449102626500.jpg   DROID Turbo 2 Battery life-1449100866724.jpg   DROID Turbo 2 Battery life-1449102509079.jpg   DROID Turbo 2 Battery life-1449102531701.jpg   DROID Turbo 2 Battery life-1449102550400.jpg  

DROID Turbo 2 Battery life-1449102573870.jpg   DROID Turbo 2 Battery life-1449102617650.jpg  
    12-02-2015 07:31 PM
    I don't believe the phone has a 3g antenna I know the turbo 1 doesn't
    Yes, it absolutely does - as does the Turbo. Both phones can do EVDO (3G) data if LTE is unavailable.

What the Turbo and Turbo 2 don't have is the ability to use CDMA for calling and LTE for data at the same time, as the Droid Maxx can (and most other phones that came out before the Turbo and since the Bionic can as well.)
    12-02-2015 07:51 PM
    Yes, it absolutely does - as does the Turbo. Both phones can do EVDO (3G) data if LTE is unavailable.

What the Turbo and Turbo 2 don't have is the ability to use CDMA for calling and LTE for data at the same time, as the Droid Maxx can (and most other phones that came out before the Turbo and since the Bionic can as well.)
    Not that I use that, ever, but seems weird they wouldn't support it.

12-02-2015 09:45 PM
    I haven't been overly impressed with the Droid Turbo 2 at all. It seems like this gets slightly less battery life then last years Droid Turbo and for myself personally it doesn't seem like it handles heavy tasks such as tethering or GPS usage well at all, using more batter then the same actions on the Droid Turbo. Personally I think they really screwed up the Turbo line this year.
    12-02-2015 09:49 PM
    Not that I use that, ever, but seems weird they wouldn't support it.

Having simultaneous LTE and cdma connections required two antennas. Using VoLTE for simultaneous voice and data makes the phone simpler and probably uses lower battery. Verizon decided that VoLTE was the future.

It probably makes it easier for oems to make a single model phone that works on more than just Verizon (or, said better, they don't have to make Verizon specific models anymore.)
    12-02-2015 10:03 PM
    I haven't been overly impressed with the Droid Turbo 2 at all. It seems like this gets slightly less battery life then last years Droid Turbo and for myself personally it doesn't seem like it handles heavy tasks such as tethering or GPS usage well at all, using more batter then the same actions on the Droid Turbo. Personally I think they really screwed up the Turbo line this year.
    In terms of battery life I think the Droid Maxx was better than the T1, but I'm getting better battery life on the T2 than the T1 pretty significantly. The Maxx still trumps both in my opinion. I haven't noticed any other issues in terms of handling tougher tasks. Never noticed any lag of any kind whatsoever. All 3 of the aforementioned phones breezed right through everything I ever through at them. This phone in particular is ridiculously snappy in my opinion.
    12-02-2015 10:15 PM
    Is around 13 hours off charge and about 4 hours of sot and have around 33%. Is this what everyone else is getting?
    12-02-2015 10:53 PM
    Is around 13 hours off charge and about 4 hours of sot and have around 33%. Is this what everyone else is getting?
    Roughly, yes. I get around 5 hours by the time I hit 30% during normal use.

I too am sort of disappointed with the phone. The good, but not as great as d.maxx battery and fairly uncomfortable one handed use have left an impression on me. I've also noticed some lack of responsiveness at times and software quality issues around the interruption sound modes. I'd really like to see doze on the dt2, but not sure I'll make it till then.

12-02-2015 11:09 PM
    There is a app in Google play called doze which is said to work similar to the doze in marshmallow. I installed it on my turbo 2 yesterday and I believe it did help.

12-03-2015 06:21 AM
    Mine is almost same
    12-03-2015 07:54 AM
    This thread is full of terrible numbers. My G3 with stock battery can match and often exceed what is being shown here, and that is without any real tweaking

I feel like there are some serious software issues going on with this model from Verizon.
    12-03-2015 09:01 AM
    This thread is full of terrible numbers. My G3 with stock battery can match and often exceed what is being shown here, and that is without any real tweaking

I feel like there are some serious software issues going on with this model from Verizon.
    I disagree. It's been shown that 5 hours SOT is very possible, as is more. My G3 struggles to get to 4 hours, and is usually dead by 3.5. I had to charge the G3 at work nearly every day. With the DT2 I go to bed with 30% remaining.

12-03-2015 10:24 AM
    This was yesterday for my. I'm sure I could've gotten 6 hours had I decided to bring it below 10%
    Attached Thumbnails DROID Turbo 2 Battery life-1449157107250.jpg  
    12-03-2015 10:39 AM
    I get 48 hours without even trying...I can get about 60 hours if I watch my settings (turning off BT when not using it, etc.). I had a problem for about the first week I owned the device where something was keeping it awake all the time. I was lucky to get 1 full day at that time. Factory reset and reinstalling apps one by one and I'm ok now.

Poor network signal is definitely a drainer as well. This is where I'm particularly disappointed in this device. I'm consistently getting -110+dB 4G reception in areas where I would always get a good to fantastic signal with all of my former devices. Poor reception=battery gluttony.
    12-03-2015 10:43 AM
    Weatherlover-

I switched to adaptive brightness and toggled to around 50% brightness and I've noticed a lot better battery life. I'm sure you're aware of it but just a suggestion if you don't have it enabled. Up to 6 hours sot now.

12-03-2015 11:16 AM
    Weatherlover-

I switched to adaptive brightness and toggled to around 50% brightness and I've noticed a lot better battery life. I'm sure you're aware of it but just a suggestion if you don't have it enabled. Up to 6 hours sot now.

I looked and I am using that but still crappy battery.. Down to 31% and only off the charger for 9hrs..

12-03-2015 11:22 AM
    I disagree. It's been shown that 5 hours SOT is very possible, as is more. My G3 struggles to get to 4 hours, and is usually dead by 3.5. I had to charge the G3 at work nearly every day. With the DT2 I go to bed with 30% remaining.
    The G3 should get 5 hours.

I figured the Droid Turbo 2 would get 6+ consistently, but going by all the numbers in this thread that does not seem to be the case. It looks like a combination of poor SoC power usage, wakelock/alarm issues, and radio drain.
    12-03-2015 12:47 PM

I figured the Droid Turbo 2 would get 6+ consistently, but going by all the numbers in this thread that does not seem to be the case. It looks like a combination of poor SoC power usage, wakelock/alarm issues, and radio drain.
    The G3 should get 5 hours or it does get 5 hours? I'm actually just curious to know if the G3 has the reputation for getting up to 5 hours regularly over a full day. Most phones can get 5 hours if you pull them off the charger at 100% and then run it down over the course of a short day, and then need to charge again in the afternoon. The difference is this phone can get 5 hours and last you 24 hours on a single charge. That's been my experience with it at least. I can clearly see that many other people aren't getting #'s that good. I'm not sure if the battery settling in theory really holds any merit, but my phone has definitely improved over 2 weeks. I wasn't getting that type of battery life right off the bat, but I attributed it more to abnormal use due to tweaks in settings, downloading apps, etc., which tapers off as things become the way you'll eventually leave them.
    12-03-2015 01:17 PM

Not sure I've ever gotten 5 on G3. When I was getting 4 hours routinely, I was using KK. Since 5.0 I might get close to 4 on WiFi all day and very dim screen, but usually it's in the 3 range.

No doubt, the battery on DT2 leaves a little too be desired considering it's size and marketing.

12-03-2015 01:18 PM
    The G3 should get 5 hours or it does get 5 hours? I'm actually just curious to know if the G3 has the reputation for getting up to 5 hours regularly over a full day. Most phones can get 5 hours if you pull them off the charger at 100% and then run it down over the course of a short day, and then need to charge again in the afternoon. The difference is this phone can get 5 hours and last you 24 hours on a single charge. That's been my experience with it at least. I can clearly see that many other people aren't getting #'s that good. I'm not sure if the battery settling in theory really holds any merit, but my phone has definitely improved over 2 weeks. I wasn't getting that type of battery life right off the bat, but I attributed it more to abnormal use due to tweaks in settings, downloading apps, etc., which tapers off as things become the way you'll eventually leave them.
    The G3 has some of the best idle numbers I've seen on any phone. You should be able to get 5 hours in a full day. You shouldn't lose more that 1% overnight.

Not sure about idle drain on the DT2...
    12-03-2015 03:58 PM
    The G3 has some of the best idle numbers I've seen on any phone. You should be able to get 5 hours in a full day. You shouldn't lose more that 1% overnight.

Not sure about idle drain on the DT2...
    12-03-2015 03:58 PM
    Based upon others feedback, my experience seems to be more common than his.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho...d.php?t=588826

12-03-2015 04:17 PM
280 1234 ...