07-30-2016 06:34 PM
280 ... 23456 ...
tools
    Where did you hear that? Moto assist is a big feature. I don't see it disappearing. I am pretty sure they can work with the software to not turn assist off. But I have been wrong many times. 😁
    6.0 soak test for moto pure removed it from the phone.

Read comments - http://m.androidcentral.com/motorola...ure-edition-us

Posted via the Android Central App
    will1881 likes this.
    12-04-2015 12:18 PM
    Since bootloader unlock on the OG Turbo and CM 12.1 I've been averaging ~36 hours of charge with about 5 hours of screen on time. Don't have my screenshots handy but this made me hold back on wanting any new phone for awhile.
    weatherlover1 likes this.
    12-04-2015 12:18 PM
    6.0 soak test for moto pure removed it from the phone.

Read comments - http://m.androidcentral.com/motorola...ure-edition-us

Well if that is true that is a bummer.
    12-04-2015 12:29 PM
    My initial thought was the same, but GSAM is only showing 2% battery use from "held awake", so I'm not sure it's just a wakelock issue. Unfortunately, Android doesn't give you enough information to pin down which apps are causing the wakelocks (without rooting the phone). I kind of understand it, but I still think it's too bad they took that away with KitKat.

[edit] By the way, I think it goes without saying that the phone is awake during phone calls, even with the display off. The same goes if you are listening to media with the display off. So, if those periods of awake with the screen off on weatherlover1's battery graph coincide with phone calls or with periods of listening to music with the display off, then everything is normal.
    All good points. We don't know if the OP is on phone calls all the time, or streaming audio all day. Although, in his 2nd shot above, it only shows 50 mins call time (15% batt usage) out of 11+ hrs. Streaming audio all day would certainly eat battery, especially if connected to another device via BT. OP needs to tell us more about how he uses his phone.
    12-04-2015 01:35 PM
    No I(a she by the way ) do not stream music on it all day. I make some phone calls but not many. Yesterday I did mess around with some camera apps for about 30 minutes and did some app updates. I use it to text, facebook, email mostly and well talk on it.
    12-04-2015 01:38 PM
    All good points. We don't know if the OP is on phone calls all the time, or streaming audio all day. Although, in his 2nd shot above, it only shows 50 mins call time (15% batt usage) out of 11+ hrs. Streaming audio all day would certainly eat battery, especially if connected to another device via BT. OP needs to tell us more about how he uses his phone.
    Here is today so far. I was at the store grocery shopping and using my grocery list some. Had my Bluetooth on while driving. I think it looks better.
    DROID Turbo 2 Battery life-uploadfromtaptalk1449254469661.jpg
    12-04-2015 01:41 PM
    Does anyone have an idea about how this Doze feature in M is going to affect the Moto features? Wouldn't Doze negate all of the wake screen notifications that Moto offers? I guess if it also sets other apps to "sleep" then it would help though.

I would think they won't be affected. They are marquis features of Moto devices, and surely they have coded or flagged their apps to ignore Doze. In the past, all of Moto's ambient software tricks were handled by an additional low-power DSP, separate from the main CPU. I'm sure it's still the same.

Just found this. Looks like Moto Display isn't affected by 6.0 on the Moto X Pure:

12-04-2015 02:12 PM
    No I(a she by the way ) do not stream music on it all day. I make some phone calls but not many. Yesterday I did mess around with some camera apps for about 30 minutes and did some app updates. I use it to text, facebook, email mostly and well talk on it.
    My apologies for making that assumption. Your current History looks more in line with what I'm seeing on my T2. With moderate usage I'm getting about 20 hrs the last few days. Facebook used to be a serious battery killer (I keep it off my phone). Don't know if FB ever fixed that.
    12-04-2015 02:18 PM
    One tip I used was switching from Global to CDMA/LTE in the settings. I get at least a solid day and then some.
    12-04-2015 02:51 PM
    I don't, but I heard that we'll lose moto assist in the upgrade.
    Where did you hear that? Moto assist is a big feature. I don't see it disappearing. I am pretty sure they can work with the software to not turn assist off. But I have been wrong many times.
    Motorola posted their plans for Marshmallow a few months ago: https://motorola-global-portal.custh...il/a_id/108264

So, if TL;DR, unless something changes, it's not really true that the phones will lose assist. The quiet during sleep and meeting times are integrated into Moto Display and the Marshmallow 'Do not disturb" stock feature, and drive assist will now be integrated into the Moto Voice service. So, there will be no "Moto Assist", but the features of Moto Assist will still be part of the phone.
    12-04-2015 02:59 PM
    I wasn't expecting 48 hours when I got my Turbo 2 and it's better than my S4, but I still get the feeling it's underperforming given its battery capacity. With Location set on battery saving, WiFi always on, Bluetooth off, and all Moto features on, I'm at 30-40% with 16ish hours with 3-4 hours of SOT on the battery. If I run my battery down, I believe I'd get 5ish hours SOT and it'd definitely get me through 1.5 days, but not 2. My usage includes a lot of music (local player), lots of web browsing/social media, and the occasional heavy game (mostly Minecraft PE). I use GPS/navigation occasionally but not very often. I live in an area that gets neither good nor bad reception. I was hoping for 6 hours of SOT at least given the marketing.

Like some people have reported here, the Turbo 2 saves battery extremely well when on idle (loses 2-4% overnight) but the screen (while gaming in particular) seem to affect the battery worse than on my S4. I set my screen on adaptive brightness at 40%.

Super jealous of the guys here who report 6 hours SOT and their phones lasting 2 days. How do you guys do it?!
    12-04-2015 03:39 PM
    Super jealous of the guys here who report 6 hours SOT and their phones lasting 2 days. How do you guys do it?!
    Don't think anyone is claiming 6 AND 48 hours. If they are it's in airplane mode and they were sleeping for 30 hours of it :-)

weatherlover1 and Gunner like this.
    12-04-2015 04:04 PM
    Why does switching to CDMA/LTE help?
    12-04-2015 05:18 PM
    Why does switching to CDMA/LTE help?
    It will if you are in or travel through any areas with no cdma coverage. Global will have the phone look for GSM signals when it can't find cdma (to facilitate connectivity when you are outside the us, where cdma networks are pretty rare). Turning off global will have it stop doing that. Otherwise it will make no difference.
    12-04-2015 05:44 PM
    Well, it just made it through the day. I'm hoping it will get a little better. The screen on time still seems low. But it's still an improvement.

DROID Turbo 2 Battery life-uploadfromtaptalk1449286393142.jpgDROID Turbo 2 Battery life-uploadfromtaptalk1449286402950.jpg
    12-04-2015 10:33 PM
    You should tap the app usage on gsam and post a screenshot of that as well. Might show which apps are using battery...
    12-05-2015 12:02 AM
    You should tap the app usage on gsam and post a screenshot of that as well. Might show which apps are using battery...
    Sure but its not going to tell you much.

DROID Turbo 2 Battery life-uploadfromtaptalk1449292063572.jpg
    12-05-2015 12:07 AM
    I'm averaging about 28 hours on this phone with about 4 hours, 20 min SOT. If I were more active over an 16-18 hour period I'd expect to get closer to 5-6 hours SOT. My Turbo 1 seemed to be a little more efficient with the screen, but the standby time wasn't nearly as good. I would have to charge every night no matter what and was averaging about 4 hours, 30 min SOT but with only about 20 hours on a single charge. So I'm getting about 8 hours more time with this phone and legitimately do not charge overnight some nights. Here's my current cycle. This is all on network and a ton of emailing. I have 1 corporate email, 2 very active gmails and 1 yahoo account all auto pushing, in addition to a ton of chat on whatsapp, which seems to hit the battery pretty hard. I also had a Droid Maxx and I have to say that was the most battery efficient phone I've used to date. I once got 7.5 hours on that over 38 hours, but that seemed kind of flukish. I averaged closer to 5 hours SOT on my Droid Maxx and I usually charge overnight, but I could consistently get to 28-30 hours on that phone. I don't think I used whatsapp at that point though so that might account for the difference.
    Completely agree with this. The Turbo 2 beats the Turbo 1 in standby battery life by a little bit. But with the screen on, the Turbo 2 drains power at a significantly faster rate than the T1.
    12-05-2015 07:58 AM
    Sure but its not going to tell you much.
    It's telling us that you don't have an app or several apps that are using most of the battery. There was no way to know without that.

Android system and android os being high? Still hard to tell, but it is from background activity. Widgets, apps looking for updates in the background, email app syncing in the background. Again, it's too bad that there aren't many tools for normal (non-root) users to turn to anymore.
    12-05-2015 08:12 AM
    It's telling us that you don't have an app or several apps that are using most of the battery. There was no way to know without that.

Android system and android os being high? Still hard to tell, but it is from background activity. Widgets, apps looking for updates in the background, email app syncing in the background. Again, it's too bad that there aren't many tools for normal (non-root) users to turn to anymore.
    What I meant was it was not going to show what is using the power because there is no one app hogging power. I am guessing for me a lot has to do with cell signal. I am thinking about turning off mobil data and see how it does when I am home. I only have one email account syncing so I don't know what could be draining it faster.
    12-05-2015 08:15 AM
    Right, but what I meant was that if you are asking people to help diagnose what might be draining the battery it's more helpful to include as much info as possible. All I could do was guess what was in the apps usage without more info.
    12-05-2015 08:24 AM
    Right, but what I meant was that if you are asking people to help diagnose what might be draining the battery it's more helpful to include as much info as possible. All I could do was guess what was in the apps usage without more info.
    I know. I had posted this page in the thread before I just didn't want to share too much and annoy people. I really appreciate all the replies as I have tried some things and have seen some improvement.
    12-05-2015 08:26 AM
    What I meant was it was not going to show what is using the power because there is no one app hogging power. I am guessing for me a lot has to do with cell signal. I am thinking about turning off mobil data and see how it does when I am home. I only have one email account syncing so I don't know what could be draining it faster.
    My cell signal is worse than yours. I'm relatively sure your awake time is what you need to fix. Look at your battery detail graph. Your usage is steep even when your cell signal is good. Your awake time should closely mimic your screen on time...not exactly, but close. Yours does not. Something is disturbing your nap time. Your droid will get grumpy without its nap time.
    12-05-2015 07:18 PM
    My cell signal is worse than yours. I'm relatively sure your awake time is what you need to fix. Look at your battery detail graph. Your usage is steep even when your cell signal is good. Your awake time should closely mimic your screen on time...not exactly, but close. Yours does not. Something is disturbing your nap time. Your droid will get grumpy without its nap time.
    I agree and I'm deleting apps trying to figure out why.. I can't figure out what is keeping it awake. Forget the phone 📱. I'm grumpy...
    12-05-2015 07:23 PM
    I agree and I'm deleting apps trying to figure out why.. I can't figure out what is keeping it awake. Forget the phone . I'm grumpy...
    Any widgets?

Again - held awake is only 2% of battery usage. I don't think that's your problem.
    12-05-2015 07:27 PM
280 ... 23456 ...