07-30-2016 05:34 PM
280 ... 34567 ...
tools
    I have widgets yes. But both my weather widgets are set for hours for updates one is 8 the other is 24. I have Google Calendar and tweet caster but tweet caster is set for 2hr updates. I also have a Google now widget.
    12-05-2015 06:30 PM
    I also use go launcher z but I can't believe a launcher is the problem.
    12-05-2015 06:33 PM
    I am going to have to plug my phone in.. Here is today's usage. Thank you to everyone who has offered advice I'm getting close to trying a factory reset to see if that will help. Sigh..

DROID Turbo 2 Battery life-uploadfromtaptalk1449362254017.jpgDROID Turbo 2 Battery life-uploadfromtaptalk1449362279236.jpgDROID Turbo 2 Battery life-uploadfromtaptalk1449362292527.jpgDROID Turbo 2 Battery life-uploadfromtaptalk1449362306690.jpg
    12-05-2015 06:39 PM
    I am going to have to plug my phone in.. Here is today's usage. Thank you to everyone who has offered advice I'm getting close to trying a factory reset to see if that will help. Sigh..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1449362254017.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	68.2 KB 
ID:	208622Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1449362279236.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	81.7 KB 
ID:	208623Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1449362292527.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	119.9 KB 
ID:	208624Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1449362306690.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	124.2 KB 
ID:	208625
    Yeah your awake time is nuts. Clearly something is waking the phone constantly. Here's where I'm at today...
    Attached Thumbnails DROID Turbo 2 Battery life-1449364999762.jpg  
    12-05-2015 07:23 PM
    I also use go launcher z but I can't believe a launcher is the problem.
    I suppose it could be.

I can't remember if you've mentioned it - Have you tried a wipe of the cache partition yet?
    12-05-2015 07:29 PM
    I suppose it could be.

I can't remember if you've mentioned it - Have you tried a wipe of the cache partition yet?
    Yes I did do that. I am also switching over to Nova.
    12-05-2015 07:30 PM
    Pretty happy with mine so far after a week . This is my light usage over the weekend. I usually have to charge every night during the week to keep from having to charge during the day. DROID Turbo 2 Battery life-uploadfromtaptalk1449413687281.jpgDROID Turbo 2 Battery life-uploadfromtaptalk1449413707948.jpg
    12-06-2015 08:55 AM
    I experimented last night. The one time I didn't charge overnight, I lost 4-5% while sleeping. I setup a tasker profile to turn off auto sync over night - BAM, less than 1% lost.

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-06-2015 09:18 AM
    Figured I'd test this without charging overnight. It was about 30% when I went to sleep. I'd normally charge if this were the case, but I wanted to test the battery a little. I'm very content with these #'s. I was on whatsapp a ridiculous amount yesterday and this is usually a battery killer, so 5hr plus screen time considering that is impressive my opinion.
    Attached Thumbnails DROID Turbo 2 Battery life-1449423970151.jpg  
    12-06-2015 11:48 AM
    Well my battery is doing better. I believe my go launcher was the problem. I deleted it and went with nova. I still am not getting as good of sot as I would like but my phone has been off the charger since 6am and its 11pm and I'm at 39% so much better. If people are getting crappy battery its an app. Your stats may not tell you much it becomes a bit if a guessing game to find the power sucking culprit but it can be done.

DROID Turbo 2 Battery life-uploadfromtaptalk1449547306928.jpgDROID Turbo 2 Battery life-uploadfromtaptalk1449547315701.jpg
    12-07-2015 10:02 PM
    Keep working at it...it should get much better than that. You still have a wake issue. I plugged my phone in last night after 61 or 62 hours of use with similar SOT as yours (~2 hours/day). The first 10 hours of that, I was hunting and virtually no cell signal, so it drained quite precipitously during that time.
    12-08-2015 06:30 AM
    Keep working at it...it should get much better than that. You still have a wake issue. I plugged my phone in last night after 61 or 62 hours of use with similar SOT as yours (~2 hours/day). The first 10 hours of that, I was hunting and virtually no cell signal, so it drained quite precipitously during that time.
    Thanks! Yeah i know something is still keeping it awake not sure what. Maybe Google fit. I'm just happy to get a day out if it. It does also seem to be getting better each day.
    12-08-2015 06:35 AM
    Yeah your awake time is nuts. Clearly something is waking the phone constantly. Here's where I'm at today...
    You seem to be the only person in this thread that actually has good numbers.
    weatherlover1 likes this.
    12-08-2015 03:51 PM
    You seem to be the only person in this thread that actually has good numbers.
    The sad part is that it looks like the moto x play gets better average battery life. Common reports of 5-6 SOT in a day. Some up to 7-8 hours.

12-08-2015 04:54 PM
    The sad part is that it looks like the moto x play gets better average battery life. Common reports of 5-6 SOT in a day. Some up to 7-8 hours.

That would kind of make sense given the lower resolution screen on the x play. And a lot of people seem to feel the screen is what hits the Turbo2 especially hard. It does seem like that sometimes, but by the end of my cycle, when I check my stats before bed, they just end up pretty good. Do a lot of the people who are experiencing bad SOT play a lot of games? I don't play any games really. Games always seem to crush battery, so wondering if that could be part of the issue.
    12-08-2015 05:35 PM
    That would kind of make sense given the lower resolution screen on the x play. And a lot of people seem to feel the screen is what hits the Turbo2 especially hard. It does seem like that sometimes, but by the end of my cycle, when I check my stats before bed, they just end up pretty good. Do a lot of the people who are experiencing bad SOT play a lot of games? I don't play any games really. Games always seem to crush battery, so wondering if that could be part of the issue.
    I don't play any games. I use it for facebook email etc. Today is better I'm at 59% and have been off charger sense 6a but very little screen time really. Something is still keeping it awake I can't believe its facebook but maybe. I am using a screen dimmer app and my battery still seems to go down pretty fast. But it's much better then a week ago when I got it. I feel like I trust it to get me through a day now but I would be happier if u can get over 3hrs sot. I don't think I can yet but have not had time to test it. I have only had 38 minutes of screen time but my phone has been awake for over 3.
    12-08-2015 05:43 PM
    From my experience on the first DT, screen brightness is a huge factor in how long the battery lasts. Personally, if I have the brightness set at higher than 50%, I have problems lasting through the day. If I keep it around 25%, I can get through the day and into the next day, assuming I'm not on the phone with the screen on. I always have the adaptive brightness on. When I watch video, I turn the brightness way up to about 75%. I didn't get a phone with this nice of a screen to have it dimmed way down so I can't enjoy it. On the other hand, I don't need the brightness turned up for doing everyday stuff like messaging, fb, and web browsing wasting the battery.

12-08-2015 05:56 PM
    From my experience on the first DT, screen brightness is a huge factor in how long the battery lasts. Personally, if I have the brightness set at higher than 50%, I have problems lasting through the day. If I keep it around 25%, I can get through the day and into the next day, assuming I'm not on the phone with the screen on. I always have the adaptive brightness on. When I watch video, I turn the brightness way up to about 75%. I didn't get a phone with this nice of a screen to have it dimmed way down so I can't enjoy it. On the other hand, I don't need the brightness turned up for doing everyday stuff like messaging, fb, and web browsing wasting the battery.

I'm the exact same way, but keep my screen at about 40%.
    12-08-2015 06:10 PM
    I personally feel like there are software configuration issues going on with the Turbo 2 and that it should get numbers similar to the X Play. The biggest factor, hardware-wise, isn't the screen. It's the SoC. SD810 vs SD615 is a huge difference in power draw. The resolution isn't going to affect it too much in normal usage, honestly.
    12-09-2015 07:53 AM
    So after more investigation I think I have my battery issues fixed. It's 3:15 pm and I have 73% battery life left. My advice to those who are still not getting great stats. Disable Verizon bloat. I disabled Verizon cloud and security and that seemed to really help I had gotten rid of the other stuff earlier. I also have google fit for syncing data from my polar watch. I kept google fit but turned off the tracking. I might try turning it back on to test after a few days. I agree with the above poster I think there are some software issues between Verizon's crap and moto. I still need to see how much sot I can get. My battery would be even better today but I was in a restaurant for lunch and it had bad signal and my phone worked hard for an hour, but that happens. I am happier and happier with this phone. I just don't think Verizon's and moto's software is playing nicely together.
    xocomaox likes this.
    12-09-2015 02:24 PM
    The Verizon bloatware issue is a crime. They charge high end dollars for this phone and they still have to get subsidies from the bloatware makers? Ridiculous.
    12-09-2015 04:20 PM
    So after more investigation I think I have my battery issues fixed. It's 3:15 pm and I have 73% battery life left. My advice to those who are still not getting great stats. Disable Verizon bloat. I disabled Verizon cloud and security and that seemed to really help I had gotten rid of the other stuff earlier. I also have google fit for syncing data from my polar watch. I kept google fit but turned off the tracking. I might try turning it back on to test after a few days. I agree with the above poster I think there are some software issues between Verizon's crap and moto. I still need to see how much sot I can get. My battery would be even better today but I was in a restaurant for lunch and it had bad signal and my phone worked hard for an hour, but that happens. I am happier and happier with this phone. I just don't think Verizon's and moto's software is playing nicely together.
    So my Turbo is getting eh battery life. I took it off the charger at 730am this morning and it's 130pm and I am at 75%. I don't think it's that great, but what apps can I disable that is bloat that would help me?
    12-15-2015 12:30 PM
    Start with Verizon apps. I deleted all games and then disabled the cloud and security and whatever else I don't use. I also disabled Dt light or I think that was the name. My phone was off charger at 6:15 this morning at at 1:30 its at 81%. I have not used it a ton though. I am not impressed with sot so far but I have not tested it completely. I would also check the update times of any apps such as weather or Twitter. The more often they update the more your phone is awake.
    NickB2005 likes this.
    12-15-2015 12:34 PM
    Start with Verizon apps. I deleted all games and then disabled the cloud and security and whatever else I don't use. I also disabled Dt light or I think that was the name. My phone was off charger at 6:15 this morning at at 1:30 its at 81%. I have not used it a ton though. I am not impressed with sot so far but I have not tested it completely. I would also check the update times of any apps such as weather or Twitter. The more often they update the more your phone is awake.
    DT Ignite. It's a backdoor for Verizon to install apps without your permission, and will reinstall them if you remove them while not disableing DT Ignite.

12-15-2015 02:01 PM
    DT Ignite. It's a backdoor for Verizon to install apps without your permission, and will reinstall them if you remove them while not disableing DT Ignite.

Ignite! I knew I was close. Yes I looked it up when I saw it in my app use list I was happy to disable it.
    12-15-2015 02:03 PM
280 ... 34567 ...