DROID Turbo 2 Battery life

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Re: 48 hr battery my " you know what!"

Also, the OP has some wakelocks.

But held awake is only using 2% of the battery, according to GSAM.

Obviously the display on this phone is a terrible draw of battery.

To the OP: do you use advanced calling/VoLTE for calls? I wonder if you turned that off and used CDMA calling if you'd get better battery life? The 47 minutes of calls used a lot of battery as well.

To be honest, though, at this point Android just lacks good tools to diagnose battery usage like this (at least unless you are rooted). GSAM and the Android battery usage can give you clues, but not real answers. Without breaking down "Android OS" and "Android System" you just can't do anything but guess at the cause.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Re: Weird, phone says I have 50% left, GSAM says 61%

If you look at the big blue circle, GSAM says that you have 50% left. It doesn't say 61%.

It does say that you have used 39% *SINCE LAST UNPLUGGED* (see that at the bottom?) There is a setting somewhere in GSAM settings to change that to last full charge - change it to that.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

Gsam is saying that you've used 39% since last unplugged. It probably means that you had a partial charge. If you tap on the triangle at the bottom you can change the information to reflect since last full charge. I think there's nothing wrong there.

Just in case, go to settings - battery, take a screenshot with the graph and post it here.

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site

From the looks of the screenshot, both your phone and GSAM agree the battery is at 50%. Am I missing something?

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

Doogald was quicker and posted while I was still writing my reply :) Anyway, double confirmation.

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site

Doogald was quicker and posted while I was still writing my reply :) Anyway, double confirmation.
Everyone was typing at the same time because when I opened the thread, there were no replies. I was shocked there were 3 when I finally posted.

THEPRFCT10

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Pulled off charger at 100℅ this morning. I've always seen the percent used match the difference of battery remaining, i.e. =100%. Screenshot coming.

THEPRFCT10

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
That graph starts at about 89%, same thing that Gsam numbers say. I still don't see anything wrong there.
Dude it's weird. When I unplugged my phone this morning, it said 100%. Can't be any clearer than that. Why the chart shows less than 100% just adds to my confusion.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Dude it's weird. When I unplugged my phone this morning, it said 100%. Can't be any clearer than that. Why the chart shows less than 100% just adds to my confusion.

That's strange. Normal or turbo charging? Do you use any widget on your home screen or status bar to check the battery percentage?

I would try this. Reboot your phone, when back on let it charge until full, before unplugging check the stock battery stats and Gsam and take screenshots. Unplug the charger and check again after a couple of minutes.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I'll try thanks. Turbo charger.

I took your screenshot and added what is really standing out for me. I saw what was a couple significant wakelocks and also during a time when you had a weak cell signal. I am curious if the 2 are interrelated.

Even if they aren't, wakelocks are usually hard on a battery, and poor cell signals can be worse.

Attachments

• 1454039374331.jpg
    1454039374331.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 90

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I took your screenshot and added what is really standing out for me. I saw what was a couple significant wakelocks and also during a time when you had a weak cell signal. I am curious if the 2 are interrelated.

Even if they aren't, wakelocks are usually hard on a battery, and poor cell signals can be worse.

You call them wakelocks, but I think it was when phone call(s) was/were happening. The phone is awake by definition if you are making a call.

Again - gsam is reporting very minimal battery usage during wakelocks. You can see it in the screenshot.

I have to be honest- I'd be thinking about backing up all photos and videos (and contacts if you don't sync them, which you should be doing) and start over. That level of battery use seems inexplicable.

dressic

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
I'm hardcore user so 48 hours absolutely not, but for over a year now everyday I'm having 5.5 - 6.5 of screen time and this is something I really want and appreciate. How many high end smartphone has that!?

THEPRFCT10

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm hardcore user so 48 hours absolutely not, but for over a year now everyday I'm having 5.5 - 6.5 of screen time and this is something I really want and appreciate. How many high end smartphone has that!?

Not me. I'm lucky if I get 1.5-2.0 hours of screen on time. Unacceptable.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance