So just got the t2, coming from the maxx. So far the battery just seems not very impressive. First full day with it, maybe had 18 hours off the charger and only 4 hours of st. Will this get any better after a few charges or is this it? Because I have 14 days to return it and I was looking between this and the note 5. Got the t2 because the battery was supposed to be awesome and so far it's not.
    12-02-2015 11:01 AM
    So just got the t2, coming from the maxx. So far the battery just seems not very impressive. First full day with it, maybe had 18 hours off the charger and only 4 hours of st. Will this get any better after a few charges or is this it? Because I have 14 days to return it and I was looking between this and the note 5. Got the t2 because the battery was supposed to be awesome and so far it's not.
    Sometimes it gets better after a few days - we all fiddle with the phone more than usual the first day - but, since you say that you came from a Droid Maxx, perhaps you are like me and were also disappointed with the battery life in that phone as well. Motorola has some great features (active display, assist watching for when you are driving) that probably use more battery than other phones do. The Maxx in particular was built with a low power motion co-processor for these features, and they worked well in Jellybean when the phone was new, but when KitKat came out, suddenly the battery life was not so good. I always wondered if Motorola just couldn't get the drivers for them to work in KitKat (I believe that the 2013 Moto X, which also had the "X8" system that the Droid Maxx did, had similar battery drop offs in KitKat and now Lollipop). The Turbo and Turbo 2 now have more standard systems on a chip that I'm not sure have low power co-processing like the Droid Maxx did.

Well, anyway, long-post short - I'd say give it a few days and you'll have a pretty good idea of what battery life will be like.
    beeare likes this.
    12-02-2015 11:19 AM
    Sometimes it gets better after a few days - we all fiddle with the phone more than usual the first day - but, since you say that you came from a Droid Maxx, perhaps you are like me and were also disappointed with the battery life in that phone as well. Motorola has some great features (active display, assist watching for when you are driving) that probably use more battery than other phones do. The Maxx in particular was built with a low power motion co-processor for these features, and they worked well in Jellybean when the phone was new, but when KitKat came out, suddenly the battery life was not so good. I always wondered if Motorola just couldn't get the drivers for them to work in KitKat (I believe that the 2013 Moto X, which also had the "X8" system that the Droid Maxx did, had similar battery drop offs in KitKat and now Lollipop). The Turbo and Turbo 2 now have more standard systems on a chip that I'm not sure have low power co-processing like the Droid Maxx did.

Well, anyway, long-post short - I'd say give it a few days and you'll have a pretty good idea of what battery life will be like.
    So overall, are you happy with the battery life so far on your t2? The maxx battery was fine, just like this one. Gets me through a day, but the selling point for me was that awesome battery. I've heard the note 5 is pretty good, but I know the t2 is probably still better.
    12-02-2015 11:51 AM
    So overall, are you happy with the battery life so far on your t2? The maxx battery was fine, just like this one. Gets me through a day, but the selling point for me was that awesome battery. I've heard the note 5 is pretty good, but I know the t2 is probably still better.
    I don't have a T2. I hang around these forums because I like to stay on top of what's good and bad about phones I might be interested in, just in case the phone I have fails and I need to get an upgrade, and I guess I pipe up every now and then. Your question was generic enough for me to answer, I think, though. Give it more than a day, just to make sure. You have 14 days, so use at least some of them (as long as the phone actually works, of course.)
    12-02-2015 12:32 PM
    I don't have a T2. I hang around these forums because I like to stay on top of what's good and bad about phones I might be interested in, just in case the phone I have fails and I need to get an upgrade, and I guess I pipe up every now and then. Your question was generic enough for me to answer, I think, though. Give it more than a day, just to make sure. You have 14 days, so use at least some of them (as long as the phone actually works, of course.)
    Ah gotcha. Yeah i'll keep trying it, still at 70% today after coming off the charger at 10. So the battery is pretty good compared to most phones out there, just they make the expectations high
    12-02-2015 05:03 PM
    They need to stop saying saying up to 48hrs of use. All the people see is the 48hrs and the small print says of mixed use.

The turbo and turbo 2 both have great batteries just like the maxx did, but the turbo amd turbo 2 are pushing a quad hd screen where the droid maxx was 720hd, and that makes i big difference.

I always had good battery life w the droid maxx, turbo and now turbo 2, but with my usage, its an all day phone, not a two day phone.

Posted via the Android Central App
    weatherlover1 likes this.
    12-03-2015 12:08 PM
    I only want it to be a get through the day phone I am happy just to take it off in the morning and use it and not have to charge it until I go to bed. I am only on day two of having the phone but I am not impressed. Yesterday was really bad. I turned off bluetooth which I had on so I could get notifications from my watch. It seems better today but not great. I am hoping it will continue to improve but I think saying 48hrs on a charge is a bit of a wish for this phone at least at this point.
    12-03-2015 01:46 PM
    I judge the battery by sot. Getting 30 hours or more with only 3 hours of screen time means nothing. On an average day I'll have closer to 4 hours and 5 on a busier day. Usually around 5 hours i'm down to 20 percent. Not outstanding, but not too awful. The 48 hour thing just won't happen unless your phone is just sitting there.
    weatherlover1 likes this.
    12-03-2015 03:41 PM
    Right now I am getting not quite 2hrs of sot and I am down to 20% battery life.
    12-03-2015 03:50 PM
    I judge the battery by sot. Getting 30 hours or more with only 3 hours of screen time means nothing. On an average day I'll have closer to 4 hours and 5 on a busier day. Usually around 5 hours i'm down to 20 percent. Not outstanding, but not too awful. The 48 hour thing just won't happen unless your phone is just sitting there.
    make sure of all those extra options like: WiFi helps SOT as oppose to using cell data which drains it, putting GPS to device only also helps, screen brightness not being blasted. Then go through all those battery draining apps like Skype (drains when you're not even signed in), or perhaps any live wallpaper which you can turn just to plane black. Take out any unnecessary apps, these all take a few points here or there of battery even when not in use.
    12-03-2015 08:10 PM