T2 vs Pure - My Experience

WildH

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
I bought the pure edition on day one and used it for couple months. Unfortunately concrete and that screen don't like each other and motocare/support/customer service are bad. I haven't received my replacement and am still in the dark when it will ever come.

Back to the point, I couldn't be without a device so decided to give the T2 a try. Here's my two bits for what it's worth:

Both are good devices. Speed is about the same from what I can tell. T2 maybe has a slight edge. Very little difference in OS if you uninstall and deactivate bloat. T2 has wider bezel which adds slight width in comparison to the PE, but is smaller in length. The PE was heavier to hold by quite a bit I actually prefer the weight of the T2 better. It's less cumbersome than the PE with one hand.

The biggest difference between the two is the screen. T2 AMOLED is a bit oversaturated in blue and red. From that standpoint I actually liked the PE color better. It was in my opinion more accurate. However if the screen on the T2 is as durable as they claim, I'd sacrifice the color! I installed glass screen protector over outer lens and it's very nice. Fits perfect. Feels like glass. And doesn't seem to scratch as others have stayed with going stock outer lens. Well worth the the Verizon $$ in my opinion.

Haven't really pushed battery yet, but seems quite a bit better on T2.

I like the flat back on the T2 vs curved on PE. Easier to hold.

Otherwise, there just paint a ton of difference.

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator:

wckesq

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
I have both too and your assessment is spot on. I actually like the T2 better as a daily driver since I use it without a case, seems smaller and lighter and don't have to worry about the battery.

Mattsg430

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
I appreciate this post. I got the T2 mainly due to around 25% larger battery and amoled. I played around with the mxpe at best buy and it is definitely an awesome phone, but lcd and not as big of a battery were deal breakers for me. Not to mention the peace of mind of a shatterproof display.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1