battery life

beeare

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
It looks normal for the Turbo 2. Sadly, this is significantly less battery than I got with my Maxx and Turbo 1.

That's pretty much exactly what I was getting with my T1 as well. It really depends on what you do with your phone. If you feel like you're using your phone similarly and getting significantly worse #'s that's a different story, but as I've started using this phone more and more like I usually do, I find it's slightly better than my T1 if anything. The Maxx was a different story. I think it started on jellybean right? When I first got my Maxx it was a 6 hour SOT phone over 28-30 hrs. The T2 can get 4-5 over 30 with no problems for me, and my T1 was closer to 4 hours over a 20 hour period for me. I don't know if it was idle drain or what but I always had trouble getting my T1 to go over 24 hours. Anything near 3-4 hours SOT and I was close to needing to charge.

I don't think 50% over 13 hours is bad with 2 hrs plus SOT, depending on what he was doing to get those stats. 15 more min SOT in that period and you can extrapolate 5 hours SOT over that same stretch. What do you want in your phone? Or what were you getting with the Maxx and T1? 6 hours SOT was always my hopes for all of these phones and the only one I ever got that consistently was on the Maxx. I feel confident in saying that my T2 is doing better than my T1.

beeare

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I would be very happy with that! With 2hr sot I am seeing more like 20% battery life left. :(

You must have a rogue app or a faulty device. That really doesn't make sense to me otherwise. I would suggest to keep trying to isolate the problem application and if it doesn't improve, do a FDR. That's always my last resort, but those stats are abnormally low no matter what you're throwing at this phone.

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
It's hard for me to judge SOT, idle drain, etc. But with exactly the same use on all phones, at the end of a 16-17 hour day, my Maxx would have about 60-65% left, the T1 would have 55-60% left, and my T2 usually had 40-45% left.

Don't get me wrong - all of these phones have more than sufficient batteries. I just wish it was trending in the other direction.

beeare

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
It's hard for me to judge SOT, idle drain, etc. But with exactly the same use on all phones, at the end of a 16-17 hour day, my Maxx would have about 60-65% left, the T1 would have 55-60% left, and my T2 usually had 40-45% left.

Don't get me wrong - all of these phones have more than sufficient batteries. I just wish it was trending in the other direction.

Yeah that's probably a good barometer and way to judge. With my T1 I was often charging a tiny bit on the Turbo charger right before I went to bed, once I would hit 20% or so. I work late and often needed some juice to crank out those last few emails. After that I would go to sleep and charge so that I'm full when I wake up. With my T2 I've been at 40% or even higher at that time, to the point where I'm not even sure I want to charge it at all. And my SOT seems similar at that juncture - at the end of the night - but you're right it's hard to judge in that respect. But by your method of measurement, I'm confident that my T2 is doing significantly better than my T1. And my GSAM stats seem to bear that out. My average cycle before I sold my T1 - over a full year - was 20 hours, 20 min. and seemed to be trending down. But that was on lollipop which definitely made it worse than it originally was. And my T2 is currently averaging over 28 hours on a cycle, which matches up with how I've been feeling at night - close to wanting to charge but sometimes waiting until the next day because I still have enough to spare. My T1 I never questioned whether I needed to charge before I went to sleep. It was always a no brainer that I needed to. I guess my T2 is very close to what my T1 was on kit-kat, but that was almost too long ago to remember.

In all cases like you said, these last 3 iterations of this phone far exceed the average phone. I never really worry about needing to top off before going to sleep, and I can't really think of any other phones that allow that sort of flexibility. All of these phones have given me a sense of freedom and relief, never really having to worry about needing to charge in the middle of the day for fear I'll run out in the middle of nowhere. And that's really what I want, so I'm very happy overall!