My email notification comes through (at FULL volume, mind you!) when my phone is in sleep mode. How do I configure so that no sounds occur while in sleep mode?

I cut over to this phone a month ago after 6 years on iPhones, so excuse my ignorance on most things Droid...

-t
    12-07-2015 05:33 AM
    Well, double check your sleep mode settings to make sure you have it set to not get notifications. The other option is to download an app to help. I use sound profile. It works great for me. I do have the pro version but I started with the free. It gives you lots of options for when to have your phone silent.
    12-07-2015 06:59 AM
    You can setup interruption time or priority mode times. Sleep is just for active notifications while screen is off.

Settings ->Sounds and notification -> interruption

Posted via the Android Central App
    Sharondippity likes this.
    12-07-2015 11:09 AM
    What do you mean by "sleep mode" - do you mean late at night, while you are sleeping, or while the phone's display is off but the phone is powered on?

I'm assuming you mean while you are sleeping. Doesn't the Moto app have Assist to allow the phone to stop sound for specific times (i.e., while sleeping)? (Also based on calendar events, so it won't sound while you are in a meeting.)

https://motorola-global-portal.custh...9583/kw/assist
    12-07-2015 11:33 AM
    Yep.

Use the Moto app, which incorporates the old Assist app to control phone modes such as driving, sleeping, etc...

Within, you can prohibit sounds during the hours which you have selected as "sleep" time. You can also allow "favorites" to override.
    12-07-2015 12:32 PM
    Double post.
    12-07-2015 12:33 PM
    Yep.

Use the Moto app, which incorporates the old Assist app to control phone modes such as driving, sleeping, etc...

Within, you can prohibit sounds during the hours which you have selected as "sleep" time. You can also allow "favorites" to override.
    Assist is going away in 6.0, so I wouldn't consider that a long term solution.

12-07-2015 01:29 PM
    Assist is going away in 6.0, so I wouldn't consider that a long term solution.

It's a great now solution, though. Particularly because there is no idea when the phone will get marshmallow.
    12-07-2015 02:40 PM
    It's a great now solution, though. Particularly because there is no idea when the phone will get marshmallow.
    Why do something twice when you can just do it once? He'll probably forget about assist being removed, update, and then get woken up in the middle of the night again. Then, he'll have to find this post, start another one about interruptions, figure out how to set it up, and then be back to where he could have been from the start.

Then he'll say, this Android stuff is a pita, and go back to apple.

12-07-2015 03:07 PM
    Oh, I'm pretty sure that Motorola is going to make it clear what needs to be changed. Again, the assist app is being retired, but the functionality will still exist for all parts of assist. In this case, Marshmallow has a sophisticated "Do not disturb" feature which allows time based rules, which doesn't exist today in Lollipop. See Do Not Disturb Mode: Android Marshmallow finally got it right | Pocketnow

So, you can't do the time based rules without a third party app or Assist right now. You're going to have to learn something new anyway. So, to the OP, see my post above.
    12-07-2015 05:05 PM
    Oh, I'm pretty sure that Motorola is going to make it clear what needs to be changed. Again, the assist app is being retired, but the functionality will still exist for all parts of assist. In this case, Marshmallow has a sophisticated "Do not disturb" feature which allows time based rules, which doesn't exist today in Lollipop. See Do Not Disturb Mode: Android Marshmallow finally got it right | Pocketnow

So, you can't do the time based rules without a third party app or Assist right now. You're going to have to learn something new anyway. So, to the OP, see my post above.
    Have you ever even seen interruptions before? I'm guessing no because "time based rules" is basically what it is.

Attached Thumbnails Notifications while in sleep mode?-2762.jpg  
    12-07-2015 05:24 PM
    My apologies; you're right.
    12-08-2015 11:40 AM