Google Now Search Bar Voice icon/botton issue

18t

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Why Verizon makes Motorola put that crappy psuedo-Google Now launcher on the phone and not the real thing is curious. They could just have the GN launcher the stock launcher and not have to worry about upgrading the launcher all of the time.

You think it's because of Verizon? They don't care what launcher you use or comes with the phone as long as their bloat is all over the device

Edit- I looked in the other forums and didn't see any complaints for non vzw...hmm

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

beeare

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I use the stupid microphone button frequently! I just got the phone a couple of days ago and realized the thing doesn't work. GAH! Verizon makes me crazy. Why should I have to install a different launcher or configure something else to do what has always been simple and worked great in the past?

You can still disable this widget and then install the Google search bar from the widget section after long pressing the home screen. For whatever reason, the mic will still work on this version.

mgullick

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
I just installed Nova Launcher and paid for the upgrade. It looks much better as a transparent bar and, more importantly, it works great! :)

rdjr74

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
I just installed Nova Launcher and paid for the upgrade. It looks much better as a transparent bar and, more importantly, it works great! :)

For me having the google bar on screen kinda defeats the purpose of swiping up from the bottom of the screen. I use the google search that way and free up my screen.

mgullick

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
For me having the google bar on screen kinda defeats the purpose of swiping up from the bottom of the screen. I use the google search that way and free up my screen.

With Nova Launcher you can set it to just double tap the screen to bring up the google search.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol