DROID TURBO 2: Marshmallow?

18t

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Re: Marshmallow?

The moto x pure is going through soak tests outside of Verizon, so, I'm guessing another 30-45 days

Posted via the Android Central App

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site

While past performance is no guarantee of future results, with Lollipop the Moto X had a soak test and an update in November 2014, and it too until June for the Turbo to get Lollipop. I think that there were good reasons for a delay, but what Motorola does with one phone doesn't guarantee what they will do with another.

I honestly wonder if Verizon will want to push an update for Advanced Calling 2.0 (wifi calling) on Lollipop for the T2 before they go with Marshmallow, just like they did last year with the Turbo and Advanced Calling 1.0 on KitKat, but I suppose we'll see.

TL;DR: none of us know at all when the update will come. Your guess is as good as mine or anybody else's.

berryabusr88

May 5, 2014
Visit site

I was with Sprint before coming back to VZW. The call quality sucked so i had to leave. The only good thing about Sprint was update speed. I forgot how bad VZW was

Robert Beier

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site

Soak tests have started for the Moto X Force in Brazil. Since that's basically the same phone it's promising, but we're still dealing with Verizon so I wouldn't hold my breath.

berryabusr88

May 5, 2014
Visit site

Certainly not holding my breath lol. I remember how slow updates were for the droid ultra. Lollipop has been okay. Not running horribly. There are some hiccups but that's any os.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol