Microphone from Google search bar not working.

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
From the home screen (any of them) the microphone on the google search bar doesn't work. My Google Now phrase does work from any screen. Also, if I tap on the Google search bar to open it, then tap on the microphone, the mic works, but if I just tap on the mic directly on the search bar from the home screen it doesn't:

EDIT: Oops, I just saw the same topic posted recently

SteveVarnum

Dec 9, 2015
Visit site
I had the same problem which started in the past few days. I tried several things and so I called Verizon Tech Support. After trying several things we finally Uninstalled Updates for the Google App. That worked so evidently it was caused by a recent update.

It also took away the colors on "G O O G L E" and on the microphone, but it works as it previously did. I am supposing an update will be issued correcting the problem and the missing colors. I can live without the colors just to get the mic working again.

Also, I don't use "Okay Google" or any phrase. Once the mic starts "listening," I start talking with a search or setting an alarm.

djousma

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem which started in the past few days. I tried several things and so I called Verizon Tech Support. After trying several things we finally Uninstalled Updates for the Google App. That worked so evidently it was caused by a recent update.

It also took away the colors on "G O O G L E" and on the microphone, but it works as it previously did. I am supposing an update will be issued correcting the problem and the missing colors. I can live without the colors just to get the mic working again.

Also, I don't use "Okay Google" or any phrase. Once the mic starts "listening," I start talking with a search or setting an alarm.

Steve,
I'm glad that worked, but just realize that Google Play is going to want to update it again(maybe automatically depending on your settings). You are now running the version that came on the phone initially. As other have mentioned, you can install the Google Now Launcher, which looks almost the same. The only thing is that you will have to reconfigure all your screens again.

Doggerti

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
My problem was setting up the microphone to recognize my voice on all all screens using "ok Google." Since I had Moto Voice on, it disabled the microphone in Google Now searching. I shutoff the mic in Moto, which allowed it to be used on all screens with Google Now and Google Voice Search.