Turbo 2 Camera Software

Powerplaygraphix

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
I was trying to decide between the V10 and the Turbo 2 and one of the key features to me is the Camera. I use it a lot for work and family things. Both seem to have good cameras but the software that drives the V10 seems to be a little better. All the manually adjustable features as well as the 24fps shooting for the video is really cool. The 21MP shooter on the Turbo seems like it should be better but it doesn't have the software that lets you tweak it.

Are any of you guys using any 3rd party camera software that allows more adjusting? What has your result been? The 1.8 f-stop on the V10 is pretty impressive too. How well have you guys been able to get low-light going?

weatherlover1

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
I'll be honest not real impressed with the Turbo 2's camera. I don't want it to replace my nice camera, but I feel they could have given us a little more. It's better then my Note 3 but not by much. I have downloaded one camera app so far its called a better camera I have not played around with it much yet but was not overly imporssed. So I am following this thread for other apps to try.

lgGslateuser

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Camera FV5 has lots of adjustments to allow you all kinds of manual control. I use it and the stock Camera app on my T2

Posted via the Android Central App

18t

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
You can download a number of apps that allow for manual exposure etc. I haven't been overly impressed with the dt2 camera, but I haven't been unimpressed either. Form factor was a big player when I considered the two. V10 is BIG. Too big for my tastes. This coming from someone who was very happy with G3.

Powerplaygraphix

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm currently carrying a G2 and I actually have really liked it, especially the back buttons and the knocking features. That's one thing that makes the V10 appealing. Verizon is offering a $200 credit for trade in of any phone right now towards the purchase of the T2 which, price wise, makes the T2 pretty appealing. When I handle the V10, the size isn't much bigger than my cased G2 and I probably wouldn't put a case on it since it's pretty durable. I Just can't make up my mind. I've tried finding head-to-head photo comparisons and can't find any of these 2.

18t

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
I love the g2 size naked. Wish there were many phones that size these days.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Note: I don't think the DROID TURBO 2 supports Camera2 API.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

weatherlover1

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
I downloaded and tried a few different camera apps last night and the only one that seemed to improve the pictures and show up in my gallery was camera360. The UI is a little weird but it seems to do some good magic to get pictures to look nice.

Powerplaygraphix

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
I got the T2 tonight, the last night of the "trade any phone" promo and downloaded Manual Camera and it does not work. I'll play with it and see what I can do with it. The camera seems to over compensate on white balance some.

Powerplaygraphix

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
It doesn't look the Camera2 API is supported in the T2 so none of the apps that give you full control of the camera are usable on it.

Is the problem in the hardware or the software? Will the T2 be able to support Camera2 in further updates or is there a hardware issue that prevents it? If it's a software issue, I can deal with waiting for the update that should fix it. If it's a hardware issue, I may have to give the T2 the heave ho and go back to LG.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
It doesn't look the Camera2 API is supported in the T2 so none of the apps that give you full control of the camera are usable on it.

Is the problem in the hardware or the software? Will the T2 be able to support Camera2 in further updates or is there a hardware issue that prevents it? If it's a software issue, I can deal with waiting for the update that should fix it. If it's a hardware issue, I may have to give the T2 the heave ho and go back to LG.

Like the Moto X Pure Edition, I doubt that Motorola would include the Camera2 API in a future OS update. That said, there's nothing to fix.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

beeare

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I've been using Camera Zoom FX. It has zero shutter lag, even less than the stock app. And it has a touch to zoom feature that really seems to get the photos super crisp, I think even better than the stock camera app as well.

GoGetemB

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Camera FX is a great substitute camera, the UI for it needs a real overhaul though. It looks like it's living in the froyo era but very feature rich. Another good camera is Open Camera, only drawback is sometime lag between taking pictures depending on the mode you are in or if you have the picture set to HDR.

beeare

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Camera FX is a great substitute camera, the UI for it needs a real overhaul though. It looks like it's living in the froyo era but very feature rich. Another good camera is Open Camera, only drawback is sometime lag between taking pictures depending on the mode you are in or if you have the picture set to HDR.

I agree with that on the look and feel. I've tried it here and there on every phone since my Bionic. I used it a lot on there, but I didn't like the way it functioned on my Maxx or T1. It just took inferior photos compared to the stock cameras for me, and that's not saying much. On this phone it feels instantaneous, and when I zoom in deeply the photos look a tiny bit more crisp. That's just my sense based on a recent 3 week trip where I took a ton of pictures and went back and forth between Camera FX and the stock app.