Now that it's been out for a while, how do you like the Moto DROID Turbo 2?

jleebiker

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
How do people like it?

Is the screen every thing Moto claims it to be? I've been seeing numerous unscientific drop tests, and they look favorable.

I read some earlier concerns that the screen wasn't as sharp and clear (prob due to the extra layer of security?), is that for real?

Any major complaints with this device? Thanks!

Robert Beier

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
It's a pretty solid phone IMO. The battery is great, though I have never gone anything close to 48 hours. Still the best battery I have had on a phone. The screen is prone to scratching since it is not glass, but this is not based on my personal experience, just what I have read. So far no issues for me after two weeks of usage. It is nice to know you can replace the top layer if needed. And the screen could be sharper, but that is the trade off for shatter proof, a feature I have yet to test myself.

The only disappointment for me was that it came out with Lollipop and not Marshmallow. Otherwise I am really enjoying my Droid Turbo and this may actually be a keeper for me. (I have a tendency to flip phones a lot. lol)

weatherlover1

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
I have had my Turbo 2 for two weeks now. I had some issues with my battery life at first, but now I am mostly happy with it. I think the screen is fine. My only frutration is SOT. I know its not going to get 48hr battery life and over all I am happy with how its performing but I still would like to see closer to 3 or even 4 hrs of SOT personally and right now I think I could maybe get 2.5 hours. But it charges fast so its not really a big deal. It also sounds like Marshmellow is coming soon maybe even before Christmas or soon after.

Moto0685

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
After a month still no real issues, it works as intended I like having the SD card have not had a phone with an sd card slot since the HTC Rezound.

Posted via the Android Central App

bignaz

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I love it. No issues at all runs great. Feels great. A little bulky with a case but i love it. I will say that the screen scratches easy. I dont have any because the first thing i did as soon as i took off the factory film i put the glass screen protector on it before a finger touched it.

Batt is great. I have been around 5 hours of on screen time with about 20% left. Mioxed use. Text, email, web and some hearthstone.

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
I like it, to be honest though i went back to carrying my note 5 a couple weeks ago. Not that there is anything wrong with the turbo 2, just missed the s pen. I always miss the battery on a droid though even though the turbo 2 wasnt lasting as long as the first turbo.

I like both phones a lot, but i missed the extra stuff samsung offers, and while the camera is improved, the note 5 is still better and this time of year i want to use the note 5 camera. Again, love moto droids, and i use them or the notes, knowing me ill switch again soon lol.

Sent with my white Note5 with nonremovable back and no SDcard!

RyanMXA

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
I have to say, this phone is great so far. Great looking and feeling device! I was surprised when I opened the box how nice it was after most reviews calling it bland looking. Super fast, love the moto features for camera and flashlight. Good screen quality and sharpness, good camera and solid battery life.

What's not to like. It's basically the best phone, on paper. Huge battery, removable storage, big 4k shatterproof screen, high resolution camera. I could go on.

chris20nyy

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
I have to say, this phone is great so far. Great looking and feeling device! I was surprised when I opened the box how nice it was after most reviews calling it bland looking. Super fast, love the moto features for camera and flashlight. Good screen quality and sharpness, good camera and solid battery life.

What's not to like. It's basically the best phone, on paper. Huge battery, removable storage, big 4k shatterproof screen, high resolution camera. I could go on.

I agree. Sadly it's Verizon exclusive. Although I have it working on AT&T fine. Be nice to get rid of the Verizon crap on it..

And the display is 2k BTW

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae