Droid Turbo 2 Text Messaging

Mattsg430

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
I should probably find another thread for this since it's not necessarily a droid turbo 2 question, but since that's the phone I have, I'll ask it here.

I've searched other forums on this issue and found on resolution to texting videos to people, no matter what texting app I use (tried Textra, stock app, Google Messenger, Handcent, GoSMS, and Chomp). I read on the Verizon site that the maximum size allowable is 1.2mb for a video file to send via text, and in Textra, I set the maximum to 1mb, so wouldn't that scale down a video file size larger than 1mb to exactly 1mb and then send? Seems pretty ridiculous that we can't send video via text. I know there's plenty of other ways (snapchat, dropbox, etc.), but it is way more convenient to have this feature for texting. I suppose Apple has at least gotten that right.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks all.

Robert Beier

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
I don't think setting the limit to 1 mb will reduce your video at all. Not based on the feedback post I found on their site. Other apps might, but even if they do video files get pretty big pretty quickly and it will likely be very hard to view. Videos should really be handled by a different medium.

Mattsg430

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
True. And I don't text a lot of videos regardless. Was just curious if anyone had found a workaround. How is it that Apple has this feature and Android doesn't? I asked a co-worker whether he was able to send videos via text and he said he could from imessage. I suppose Apple was able to get around the download limit size somehow with the carriers?

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
When I send videos via text it's normally a youtube one so I just send the link in a text. If it's a video I've done myself I use WhatsApp.

Posted via Android Central App

beeare

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
There's an abundance of messenger apps out there that handle video perfectly well just like imessage. Whatsapp is my messenger app of choice. I think they have a billion users too.

18t

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
I will say that when I receive a text video from iPhone, it's always grainy and looks terrible. I have a hard time believing it's an android issue and not a carrier demand.

Posted via the Android Central App

Joshua Lawton

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
I have a new Droid Turbo 2 and I want to use Verizon Messenger+ as the default texting app. However when I use moto assist to send text while driving it says it sends the message but the recipient never receives it and it doesn't show up in my messages. Can I make moto assist use messenger+?

Posted via the Android Central App

Feldhege

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Check to make sure the option of detect while driving is not on. I could not get or make text messages when I was in a moving car because of that. I turned it off and it started working just fine.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon