Google Play Music Buttons on lock screen

THEPRFCT10

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
I like how when listening to Google Play Music, the Moto Display lock screen gives three control buttons for the music. The three buttons on the lock screen changed from previous track, pause and next track to thumbs up, pause and previous track. Any ideas how do I change it back?

weatherlover1

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
I believe Google play updated to allow thumb up on lock screen. Did you look in the settings of Google play to see if they added any lock screen options?

18t

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, think it was a software update. I personally don't like it either. I rarely use the thumbs. Leave feedback in the play store

Posted via the Android Central App

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
So Moto Display will take the three notification shade buttons and allow them as controls. But Google updated Google Play Music to have five buttons (thumbs on the ends). :/

THEPRFCT10

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
So Moto Display will take the three notification shade buttons and allow them as controls. But Google updated Google Play Music to have five buttons (thumbs on the ends). :/
No, only three buttons with Google Play: Thumbs Up, Pause and Previous Track. Sucks.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
No, only three buttons with Google Play: Thumbs Up, Pause and Previous Track. Sucks.

Yes.

Google Play Music now uses 5 controls in the Notification Shade (thumbs up, previous, play/pause, next, and thumbs down).

But Moto Display only supports three buttons which is why after the recent Google Play Music update, you only see thumbs up, previous, and play/pause in Moto Display.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

THEPRFCT10

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Yes.

Google Play Music now uses 5 controls in the Notification Shade (thumbs up, previous, play/pause, next, and thumbs down).

But Moto Display only supports three buttons which is why after the recent Google Play Music update, you only see thumbs up, previous, and play/pause in Moto Display.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition
Got it!

shodanx

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site
So it's you who are responsible for taking away my like button !!!

WHY ???

Why do you need a previous button ? That's completely useless for google play music !! Why would you like to listen to the same song again ??

And do you understand what the like button does ? Do you just think "I hate that facebook like crap !!!" ?

Do you realize that if you don't tell the google music algorithm, it will not now what kind of music you like and don't like ? It will not know if the new music it is playing to use when you use "I am feeling lucky radio".

By not using the like button, you make google music suck a lot more. And not just for you but for everyone that has music taste similar to yours

gotroot801

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
So it's you who are responsible for taking away my like button !!!

WHY ???

Why do you need a previous button ? That's completely useless for google play music !! Why would you like to listen to the same song again ??

The problem is more Motorola's than Google's. The notification buttons are fine, but as soon as they get applied to Moto Display you're left with the first three buttons in the notification - Thumbs Up, Previous, and Play/Pause - which is a ridiculous combination.

And do you understand what the like button does ? Do you just think "I hate that facebook like crap !!!" ?

Do you realize that if you don't tell the google music algorithm, it will not now what kind of music you like and don't like ? It will not know if the new music it is playing to use when you use "I am feeling lucky radio".

By not using the like button, you make google music suck a lot more. And not just for you but for everyone that has music taste similar to yours

Not everyone uses radio.

Soundtallica

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
I set up a profile on Tasker that allowed me to skip a track just by waving a hand over the proximity sensor. Problem solved!

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo