I like how when listening to Google Play Music, the Moto Display lock screen gives three control buttons for the music. The three buttons on the lock screen changed from previous track, pause and next track to thumbs up, pause and previous track. Any ideas how do I change it back?
    12-17-2015 05:36 AM
    I believe Google play updated to allow thumb up on lock screen. Did you look in the settings of Google play to see if they added any lock screen options?
    12-17-2015 05:58 AM
    Yeah, think it was a software update. I personally don't like it either. I rarely use the thumbs. Leave feedback in the play store

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-17-2015 09:47 AM
    Feedback left and regrettably no option in settings ugh!
    12-17-2015 10:41 AM
    Agree with this! Also left feedback.

12-17-2015 10:55 AM
    So Moto Display will take the three notification shade buttons and allow them as controls. But Google updated Google Play Music to have five buttons (thumbs on the ends). :/
    12-20-2015 09:38 AM
    So Moto Display will take the three notification shade buttons and allow them as controls. But Google updated Google Play Music to have five buttons (thumbs on the ends). :/
    No, only three buttons with Google Play: Thumbs Up, Pause and Previous Track. Sucks.
    12-20-2015 06:01 PM
    No, only three buttons with Google Play: Thumbs Up, Pause and Previous Track. Sucks.
    Yes.

Google Play Music now uses 5 controls in the Notification Shade (thumbs up, previous, play/pause, next, and thumbs down).

But Moto Display only supports three buttons which is why after the recent Google Play Music update, you only see thumbs up, previous, and play/pause in Moto Display.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition
    Laura Knotek and MoPhoMan like this.
    12-20-2015 08:34 PM
    Yes.

Google Play Music now uses 5 controls in the Notification Shade (thumbs up, previous, play/pause, next, and thumbs down).

But Moto Display only supports three buttons which is why after the recent Google Play Music update, you only see thumbs up, previous, and play/pause in Moto Display.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition
    Got it!
    12-21-2015 01:20 PM
    So it's you who are responsible for taking away my like button !!!

WHY ???

Why do you need a previous button ? That's completely useless for google play music !! Why would you like to listen to the same song again ??

And do you understand what the like button does ? Do you just think "I hate that facebook like crap !!!" ?

Do you realize that if you don't tell the google music algorithm, it will not now what kind of music you like and don't like ? It will not know if the new music it is playing to use when you use "I am feeling lucky radio".

By not using the like button, you make google music suck a lot more. And not just for you but for everyone that has music taste similar to yours
    02-06-2016 06:02 PM
    So it's you who are responsible for taking away my like button !!!

WHY ???

Why do you need a previous button ? That's completely useless for google play music !! Why would you like to listen to the same song again ??
    The problem is more Motorola's than Google's. The notification buttons are fine, but as soon as they get applied to Moto Display you're left with the first three buttons in the notification - Thumbs Up, Previous, and Play/Pause - which is a ridiculous combination.

And do you understand what the like button does ? Do you just think "I hate that facebook like crap !!!" ?

Do you realize that if you don't tell the google music algorithm, it will not now what kind of music you like and don't like ? It will not know if the new music it is playing to use when you use "I am feeling lucky radio".

By not using the like button, you make google music suck a lot more. And not just for you but for everyone that has music taste similar to yours
    Not everyone uses radio.
    02-07-2016 08:47 AM
    I set up a profile on Tasker that allowed me to skip a track just by waving a hand over the proximity sensor. Problem solved!

02-07-2016 12:48 PM