Group messaging?

WillDroid

Dec 18, 2015
Visit site
So I'm sure this has been asked countless times and I apologize. But I'm switching from an iPhone 6 to the Turbo 2 and can not figure out the group messaging. I use my phone for work and the majority of my coworkers use iphones. I followed the instructions and disabled my imessage account, disabled facetime and I still am not receiving the messages. I do from some but not all. Ie I'll be in a group chat with 3 coworkers, all of which have iphones and I only see 2 of their messages. The other is sending them, I just don't get them. I can individually message each person fine. Any ideas would be very helpful?!? as I guess I'll have to switch right back within my two week period if I can't get to these messages for work.

I've read and googled and had the coworker delete my contact info and still don't see the messages.

bpe4

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
This is a common issue when switching back and forth between iphones and androids- even when you turn off imessage. The issue is due to the EXISTING group conversations you and the others might have. I bet you would see that if someone texts you directly and it's a NEW conversation, it goes through fine.

I know it'll be a pain, but you'll have to ask everyone in the group chat to delete their existing conversation and start a new one. This whole thing isn't really consistent. Sometimes existing conversations work (if you switch to android from imessage), and sometimes it doesn't. I've noticed that the only way to fix it is to have the sender delete their old conversation with me, and create a new one.

But before doing anything, I would just run through these steps real quick: https://selfsolve.apple.com/deregister-imessage
Just to make sure you're deregistered from imessage completely.

WillDroid

Dec 18, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the info guys. I'll try some of yalls and hope for the best.

The phone actually came with instructions to disable imessage so I followed those. I did the deregister thing as well but still not working.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the info guys. I'll try some of yalls and hope for the best.

The phone actually came with instructions to disable imessage so I followed those. I did the deregister thing as well but still not working.

One other question: Do you have a Mac with the Messages app, or an iPad? If so, it's possible that the messages are there.