Am I the only one who thinks that this 6.0 update is starting to feel like the Turbo Lollipop update fiasco?

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-27-2015 05:01 AM
    Kinda. The Force got the update. I'm thinking Verizon is the bottle neck.

12-27-2015 06:25 AM
    I sure hope not, but if so, then we won't see 6 until July.
    12-27-2015 07:50 AM
    Personally, I don't think so. Not yet. It's still possible we get the update before the end of the year and 3 months is not the worst for a carrier phone. But the longer we go the less likely I am to get another Droid in the future.

12-27-2015 05:22 PM
    Isn't the g4 the only phone on Verizon with it right now? I personally am happy with lollipop right now but as long as we aren't the very last phone I'm OK with it taking a minute. More time for them to work the bugs out. I don't want to be a lab rat for new updates
    12-27-2015 05:39 PM
    There is no Marshmallow update fiasco.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition
    12-27-2015 05:44 PM
    Didn't they push the Marshmallow update out to employee versions of the phone last week?
    12-27-2015 11:15 PM
    What I am saying is that it seems buying their "flagship" phones seems to mean getting the updates last.
    Just like the Turbo.
    To me buying a flagship brings expectations of being treated accordingly, that's all.
    What I expect is a First Class check in line. If it takes more sophistication to upgrade the OS of a flagship, put more techs or code writers on it.
    Using the employee base phones as a soak test is great, now let's move on to the rest of us.

12-28-2015 03:44 AM
    Ever think that they may have found a problem with the update and they went back to work on it instead of having the meds that Motorola did auto lollipop? Updates take time sometimes I doubt that there is anything to worry about we will still get it. And carrier exclusives have never been the fastest to get updates flagship or not. If you want fast updates nexus has and more than likely will always be the way to go.
    12-28-2015 06:05 AM
    What I am saying is that it seems buying their "flagship" phones seems to mean getting the updates last.
    Just like the Turbo.
    To me buying a flagship brings expectations of being treated accordingly, that's all.
    What I expect is a First Class check in line.
    If you bought this phone expecting to get updates quickly, you have nobody to blame but yourself. It's been quite clear for a long time now that Verizon doesn't quickly update the droid brand phone, with the one exception of the KitKat update for the droid maxx (when Google owned Motorola and managed Motorola with former Google employees) and that update had some annoying bugs that weren't fixed for six months plus.

It may well see the update soon, this time, but expectations should be that droids get updates later than most other high end hardware models.

Continuing to buy this brand with expectations of fast upgrades means you are just rewarding Verizon for what you seem to think is poor support. They'll never change if they know people will buy the phone anyway. When you buy this brand you have to be ok with slower or even non-existent updates. (The Maxx remains on the Motorola lollipop list "pending partner support" for over a year now with no sign that the update will come.)
    tpence2177 likes this.
    12-28-2015 06:28 AM
    Just like the Turbo.
    What I expect is a First Class check in line. If it takes more sophistication to upgrade the OS of a flagship, put more techs or code writers on it.
    Using the employee base phones as a soak test is great, now let's move on to the rest of us.

Since when does buying a flagship phone mean getting fast updates? That has never been the case. If you want fast updates you buy a Nexus. And now both Motorola and HTC are doing pretty well with their carrier unlocked phones. I've never known any carrier locked phone, flagship or not, to get fast updates from any manufacturer. Why would this one be any different?

12-28-2015 09:03 AM
    "where/when's my update?" Really? How long have you been buying phones, or how long have you been reading these forums? Like many here, I buy my products based on what it does now and if it meets my needs. To get bothered by whatever incremental niceties a new update has is ridiculous. Buying any product, in anticipation of how it might meet your future needs, is asking for trouble and disappointment.

Side note:
    I guess I'm the only one still bothered by threads with useless titles such as... "what about", "I have a question", "something strange happened" "reminiscent.. "

tlacour and weatherlover1 like this.
    12-28-2015 09:18 AM
    "where/when's my update?" Really? How long have you been buying phones, or how long have you been reading these forums? Like many here, I buy my products based on what it does now and if it meets my needs. To get bothered by whatever incremental niceties a new update has is ridiculous. Buying any product, in anticipation of how it might meet your future needs, is asking for trouble and disappointment.

Side note:
    I guess I'm the only one still bothered by threads with useless titles such as... "what about", "I have a question", "something strange happened" "reminiscent.. "

I agree 100% and like in the past often these updates add issues that where not there before I went with Motorola because it works out of the box, often bugs are on phones that make some of the features not work properly and then you have no choice but hope an update fixes it, Samsung phones are great example.

weatherlover1 likes this.
    12-28-2015 10:40 AM
    What date did Moto and Verizon promise to have the Turbo 2 updated to Marshmallow by?
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-28-2015 02:09 PM
    What date did Moto and Verizon promise to have the Turbo 2 updated to Marshmallow by?
    There hasn't been one to my knowledge
    12-28-2015 02:11 PM
    Am I the only one who thinks that this 6.0 update is starting to feel like the Turbo Lollipop update fiasco?

That is what you get when you buy a droid. If you want fast updates it is essentially nexus or bust when it comes to android. Carrier exclusive phones always seem to be left out to dry when it comes to updates and amount they receive.
    12-28-2015 07:12 PM
    Why is it that everyone's so worried about getting marshmallow? Not much change from lollipop. Plus I had the moto X pure edition for a week before I bought the turbo 2. There were problems with marshmallow my contacts wouldn't show up it kept moving and deleting things off my SD card phone would freeze up plus if you look on Moto X pure edition on this forum there are so many problems with the marshmallow update.
    12-28-2015 07:50 PM
    If you want "timely" updates, the only way to do that is to buy an iPhone or a Nexus. If you buy ANY other phone, it's Russian roulette. The BIGGEST problem for Android from the beginning is there is NO guarantee that you will get ANY updates after purchasing a device. I bought THE MOST EXPENSIVE ANDROID TABLET EVER, the Wacom Cintiq Companion Hybrid and they NEVER issued ONE update. It was supposed to be THE top tier device and they abandoned it with no way of even rooting it. Short of the Nexus, you gamble and buying ANYTHING from Verizon, even a NEXUS isn't guaranteed (Samsung Galaxy Nexus anyone?). You want guaranteed ability to upgrade to the latest OS, go iPhone, otherwise you're at the whims of your carrier.
    12-28-2015 11:09 PM
    The OG Turbo update wasn't a fiasco, unless your one of the people who didnt care if it improved the phone or not. The Turbo waited and got 5.1 instead of 5.0 because of potential issues.. what that "fiasco" did was let us skip some issues with our turbo..

Of course people nowadays would rather complain than be thankful.

Sent with my white Note5 with nonremovable back and no SDcard!
    Ry likes this.
    12-29-2015 03:22 PM
    Pretty amazing how a simple question can spawn such obnoxious responses. Not replies mind you, just spewing opinions.
    I don't know if any of those respondents their own businesses, I do. If I performed to the standards I am supposed to accept regarding updates , even should be grateful for (whaaaat?), I couldn't feed my dog because my clients would walk away.
    Really not any kind of questions, so no answers required.

12-29-2015 03:34 PM
    I didn't experience the og turbo issue, but I did experience the moto x 2013 delays. The update ruined that phone is the only reason I got the t2. Carrier branded devices or not, I'm happy with the current Android in the t2. Did they promise updates on the t2?

12-29-2015 05:11 PM
    I don't know if any of those respondents their own businesses, I do. If I performed to the standards I am supposed to accept regarding updates , even should be grateful for (whaaaat?), I couldn't feed my dog because my clients would walk away.
    Right, so why didn't you answer with your wallet and return the phone and get a phone that does update in an appropriate timeline? Why are you feeding Verizon and Motorola executives' dogs? If people keep buying these phones, they won't change their behavior.

Caveat emptor. The poor upgrade timeline for the Droid brand was well known to anybody who researched it. Complaining about it here isn't going to do as much as never buying another Droid phone will.
    Ry likes this.
    12-29-2015 07:06 PM
    Pretty amazing how a simple question can spawn such obnoxious responses. Not replies mind you, just spewing opinions.

Lol you asked the question, we answered it. Again, no I don't think it's the same since it's still too early to judge. I do think Android should work with manufacturers and providers to decrease this update time, but it's been a known issue for years and shouldn't be all that shocking. Sorry if that's the not the answer you were hoping for.

Ry likes this.
    12-29-2015 08:15 PM
    Here ill answer the question again, since my opinion in my answer offended the opinion in the question.

No, its not starting to feel like a fiasco that i dont feel existed in the first place.

Sent with my white Note5 with nonremovable back and no SDcard!
    Ry and cbironman24 like this.
    12-29-2015 08:50 PM

Yep. Thread closed.
    12-29-2015 09:14 PM