So my phone was beside me, screen off, minding its own business. Next thing you know there's a sound. I opened up my phone to find on the home screen Clash of Clans app installed. Ugh, I have never downloaded that game and just activated my phone Thursday, Christmas Eve. So who, what, how, why?? Huh?

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-27-2015 02:27 PM
    If you haven't disabled DTIgnite, I'm pretty sure it can load apps on your phone...
    12-27-2015 02:34 PM
    Also, do you have Auto update enabled in your Play Store app? I believe that "Clash of Clans" comes preloaded on the phone.
    12-27-2015 02:36 PM
    I will have to check on both. When I turned my phone on at initial startup, I disabled a ton of bloat. Didn't see Clash of Clans. Not to mention when it automatically installed out of thin air, it let me uninstall it verses disable. Let me check some settings. Thanks for the responses!

12-27-2015 03:44 PM
    I found the DT Ignite app but haven't yet disabled it. After watching a video on YouTube about it, I'm confused as to whether it is good or not. Yes, I'm confused. Ha! Anyway, I gotta now check Clash of Clans disabled or deleted and auto settings in Google Play.

UPDATE: Tons of new apps never originally there at initial startup! Cookie Jam, go90 or something, Empire....

Had to be after I turned my phone off and back on. So that's DT Ignite hard at work huh? BAD!!

12-27-2015 03:57 PM
    DT Ignite is Verizon bloat that installs things without your permission. Same thing happened to me after I uninstalled the preloaded games. Disable the app and you should be good.

PS I was sort of pissed because the app used .25 gigs of my LTE data.

12-27-2015 05:19 PM
    I have a question about this DT Ignite monstrosity. If it is disabled in settings, does it STAY disabled - or- will it re-enable itself upon a reboot?
    12-28-2015 11:30 AM
    I have a question about this DT Ignite monstrosity. If it is disabled in settings, does it STAY disabled - or- will it re-enable itself upon a reboot?
    Disabled apps stay disabled until they get updated by an ota or when you factory data reset. Or you manually reenable them, of course.
    12-28-2015 11:33 AM
    Disabled apps stay disabled until they get updated by an ota or when you factory data reset. Or you manually reenable them, of course.
    I'm well aware of this, however...

I've seen some comments on various sites that gives me pause about this particular app and it's tenacity. If you check it's permissions you will see it's quite different from anything ever installed previously. Some users on some phones are reporting that it must be disabled after every reboot (even using the DT lgnite detector app). I'm just looking for some clarity, this is one app I will not tolerate. If it can be simply defeated by disabling like any other app, no huge deal but if not, Nexus here I come.
    12-28-2015 01:20 PM
    I'm well aware of this, however...

I've seen some comments on various sites that gives me pause about this particular app and it's tenacity. If you check it's permissions you will see it's quite different from anything ever installed previously. Some users on some phones are reporting that it must be disabled after every reboot (even using the DT lgnite detector app). I'm just looking for some clarity, this is one app I will not tolerate. If it can be simply defeated by disabling like any other app, no huge deal but if not, Nexus here I come.
    I've not had an issue with it running in the background or reinstalling apps after several reboots.

12-28-2015 02:00 PM
    Good to hear, it seems to be dependent to some extent on the brand/model of phone. This thing is malware (regardless of denials) and carriers should be ashamed for it's use. Everyone that agrees should be very vocal and let them know in no uncertain terms it will not be tolerated. The permissions on this thing are all you need to know to realize the harm potential it presents.
    12-28-2015 03:12 PM
    Good to hear, it seems to be dependent to some extent on the brand/model of phone. This thing is malware (regardless of denials) and carriers should be ashamed for it's use. Everyone that agrees should be very vocal and let them know in no uncertain terms it will not be tolerated. The permissions on this thing are all you need to know to realize the harm potential it presents.
    You can buy a non-carrier phone though. Regardless of OEM, the DROID TURBO 2 is a Verizon phone.
    12-28-2015 04:30 PM
    If you haven't disabled DTIgnite, I'm pretty sure it can load apps on your phone...
    Updating thread title to mention DTIgnite
    D._Manley likes this.
    12-28-2015 04:30 PM