Before i ask this question, I want to make it clear that i'm not worried about breaking the screen and im also not worried about warranty coverage.

Has anyone ever taken off the Len protector and just used it as is? Is it like a normal screen that you would see on another phone or is that screen easy to scratch? Also, How are users reporting after using a glass protector instead of lens protector from moto?
    01-01-2016 09:46 PM
    I never removed the top layer! So with that being said I would guess being it's a shatterproof design I would say it's all plastic that would scratch. I have the verizon flex glass installed on the top layer feels like a regular Gorilla Glass phone.
    01-01-2016 10:25 PM
    All of the layers are plastic. It took my daughter 12 hours of fingernail usage to scratch hers up. Luckily the flexible glass protector from Verizon hid her scratches.

My wife and I both installed the glass protector before using and it holds up remarkably well. I have a tendency for tossing my phone down on counters, and after weeks of use more I have zero scratches. Bad thing is that the phone lays flat when face down, I wish it had the little speaker bumpers that the mx pure has.

I wouldn't use it after removing the first layer without some type of protection seeing as how the first layer is so soft.

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-01-2016 10:30 PM
    I had the Verizon flexible glass screen protector installed on my T2 before I left the Verizon store on opening day 10/29/15. It's a perfect fit. No issues what so ever. Wouldn't have it any other way.
    01-02-2016 07:17 AM
    I tried putting the Flexible Glass after replacing my Shattershield and screwed it up so I've got to get another. The Shattershield is more forgiving when you don't get it on quite right than the Flexible Glass is. The layer under the Shattershield is plastic as well. You DON'T want to go without the Shattershield because you WILL nullify the warranty.
    01-11-2016 09:23 PM
    Each layer is plastic, so small scratches are unavoidable. I wouldn't strip down to the layer that isn't user replaceble. Scratches on that layer are there to stay. I personally am staying with the shattershield layer only. I tried the flexible glass cover, but I did a poor job and had a couple bubbles/dust spots. Ended up taking that off. I got a couple replacement shattershields and plan on replacing the one on the phone once the little scratches get to a point that they irritate me. Funny thing is, I was telling my wife about the scratches and she wanted to see. I told her you can only see them with the display off and looking at an angle. She asked me why the heck I am looking at my phone with the display off.
    01-12-2016 05:23 PM
    Smart wife.
    01-12-2016 08:39 PM