Hey guys/gals,

I just got this phone and have confirmed with multiple bluetooth devices that it just will not work with any of them with this case on.

So, my question is, does anyone know where the bluetooth antenna is? I'd like to cut an area of the case away near that and see if it helps.

Also, does anyone else use a case similar, that works with the wireless charging that does not have bluetooth issues?

Thanks for any input. Kinda liking this phone, actually. Only been a couple days but if I had a choice between my destroyed note 4 fixed, or this one, i'd take this one.
    Attached Thumbnails Incipio Case-incipio-case.jpg ย 
    01-05-2016 04:56 PM
    Not sure where the Bluetooth radio is located, but I have the Incipio case and have no issues with my Bluetooth.
    01-05-2016 05:21 PM
    Not sure where the Bluetooth radio is located, but I have the Incipio case and have no issues with my Bluetooth.
    Hmmm. I've got 3 devices, all paired all work without. none work with.
    01-05-2016 05:33 PM
    i have the same case only issues i have is it takes a min to connect with bluetooth. Case on and off it takes the same amount of time.
    01-05-2016 06:13 PM
    I use the incipio case from the Verizon store and have had no problems. My headphones, moto 360 and cars all connect with no problem

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-05-2016 08:35 PM
    I use the Incipio case with mine and have no problems with bluetooth. The only problem I've had is the corner color rubbed off of it without dropping it on anything.
    01-05-2016 09:24 PM
    I picked up the Case*Mate Tough case in black at Verizon for my Turbo 2. Great case - typical 2 layer with TPU against the phone and a harder shell around it. Works perfectly fine with BT. I have the phone paired with a few different BT speakers at home, when the phone has to connect to a Chromecast for initial configuration it works via BT (until WiFi is configured for the Chromecast), and I pair the phone with my car at home and with a different rental car every week when I travel for a consulting gig. No problems whatsoever with BT, and I've been noticing how incredibly fast it is to connect to paired devices when they're powered on. This is all with the Case*Mate tough black case on the phone.

BT should have no problem at all penetrating a case - unless you have some kind of metal shielding in the case.

- Jon
    01-05-2016 11:48 PM
    I'm going to do some more testing, as seeing these responses (thank you) had me wanting to try it again.

I put the case back on this morning and fired up my bluetooth speaker. No connect. Pushed the connection from the phone and voila, it connected. Ok, so it just didn't auto connect but it worked this time. Left case on and went out to my truck to go to work (now mind you I could NOT connect manually or automatically with the case on prior) now it connects to the truck automatically. Played music on the way to work flawlessly. I will continue to test, but maybe one of youze guyz is magic. Thanks for all the responses. ~G
    01-06-2016 07:39 AM
    this is so bizarre. I can use everyone of my blue tooth devices now. weird but I'm cool with it. Sorry for the rants. Not my first time at the rodeo, and this seemed so weird to me. maybe there's just enough of a blockage that it won't pair, then it's fine after that.
    01-06-2016 05:12 PM
    this is so bizarre. I can use everyone of my blue tooth devices now. weird but I'm cool with it. Sorry for the rants. Not my first time at the rodeo, and this seemed so weird to me. maybe there's just enough of a blockage that it won't pair, then it's fine after that.
    I'm going to keep asking this question when people have radio issues, because I've seen so many people who've had issues: are you running any anti-malware or anti-virus apps on the phone? If so, and it happens again, see if it's better if you uninstall it and then restart the phone.

(I am 100% convinced that anybody who is not rooted and does not sideload apps does not need any security apps.)
    01-06-2016 05:27 PM
    Doogald, no, this was straight from VZ's corp store here in Clay, NY. First thing I did when I backed my truck in the driveway was try to pair. Then tried again inside with my headphones and BT speaker. Then I took the case off and went back out to the truck and it paired. Thinking it was just the case, I left it off until this morning when I tried again with the case on. but back to your question, no malware, no av, no security at all. I probably will root if one becomes available, but at this point, there's not a ton of stuff I can't do that I'd like to. so not a huge issue for me.
    01-06-2016 06:20 PM
    How is the grip with this case? I'm looking for a good case that covers only the back (with a bit on the front to keep the screen off of surfaces when I lay the phone face down) but don't want a "sticky" feeling case. I left my Maxx naked and loved it but the Turbo 2 is just too dang slick on the back.
    01-10-2016 06:19 PM
    ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ for the incipio case. If you are near a Verizon store go in and try it on

01-11-2016 12:12 AM
    Duplicate. D'Oh!
    01-11-2016 01:14 AM
    for the incipio case. If you are near a Verizon store go in and try it on

Ordered if from Amazon. Looks like just what I want.

(I hate going into the Verizon store and it's cheaper on Amazon anyway.)
    01-11-2016 01:15 AM
    I love amazon haha... It wasn't available when I bought mine but Verizon gives me a 25% discount on accessories

Powerplaygraphix likes this.
    01-11-2016 10:32 AM
    This grip is good and as stated, after some frustration, all my devices just work. and continue to work. <smh> not sure.
    01-11-2016 04:31 PM
    Case arrived and, so far, it's exactly what I wanted.

Edit: ****. Tried it on my Tylt inductive charger and it didn't connect through the case. The charger works fine through my son's monster Otter Box case but not through this one. I fiddled and cussed at it and finally found that, if I put the phone on the charger with the screen turned upside down it does connect through the open space on the back of the case. It won't connect when placed right side up nor will it connect with the phone laid on its side. I'm not real happy about that but at least it will connect if I put the phone on the charger in a funky orientation.
    01-15-2016 01:16 PM