I am having one heck of a time getting the smart locks to work properly.

I have one set for home and all to often my phone locks when I at home. Sometimes every time, sometimes not for an hour or two. I have wifi and a cell signal, so not sure what the problem is. I have tried setting my home as a google address and dropped a pin.

I also find that the Trusted face doesn't work very well either.

Any suggestions?
    01-09-2016 03:22 PM
    I just started using mine and they seem to be working fine aside from a 4 hour inactivity lock that cannot be turned off. Make sure you have GPS set to high accuracy.

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-09-2016 04:31 PM
    I've had serious lock screen issues with this phone.

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-09-2016 05:16 PM
    I just started using mine and they seem to be working fine aside from a 4 hour inactivity lock that cannot be turned off. Make sure you have GPS set to high accuracy.
    This brings up an interesting point. What GPS does is use -- cellular, GPS in the phone, or Verizon location services????

I didn't know there is a 4 hour on inactivity setting either. Motorola really screwed up by not putting a fingerprint reader on their premium phone...
    01-09-2016 05:27 PM
    OK, after gnashing around a bit, a call to Motorola, and advice I received in a Motorola forum it appears for me anyways that the Smart Lock Location is really sensitive to installing new apps. I am new to Android so I am installing and deleting many apps to test them out. When my smart lock location quits working, I clear the cache and then restart the phone and mess around with resetting the pins and it seems to work. Less than ideal, but workable.

Anyone else experiencing this???
    01-11-2016 10:34 AM
    Actually installing and deleting apps ,may not have been the problem after all. I live is a subdivision in the Boulder CO foothills, but I do get a fairly reliable Verizon signal and I have 50GB Comcast Internet which is rock solid. While playing around with setting pins, it appears that sometimes it places my location about a quarter mile away from me as evidenced by where it wants to place the pin. I placed a pin there -- where it sometimes thinks I am, and I haven't had my location smart lock fail since. This is peculiar as I do have Location services set to HIGH -- meaning cellular, wifi, and GPS.

Just thought I would report back in case others are experiencing something similar.
    01-12-2016 06:27 PM