I liked it, i really did, the shattershield is an awesome idea i hope they expand on.

The reason i got rid of it was two things, one the battery life wasnt much better than my note 5, not near what the old turbo was.. and two my daughter needed to add a line to her account and verizon let us just move the edge agreement and number to her account. People complain about verizon but they are always helpful.

I just couldnt get excited about the turbo 2 the way i was w the first turbo, i still have it and it will be my backup phone to my note 5.

I wanted to like the turbo 2, i have had the droids since the razr maxx came out. Just wasnt as happy as i thought i would be. If the battery was as good as the old turbo it probably would have been a different story.

Sent with my white Note5 with nonremovable back and no SDcard!
    01-09-2016 09:21 PM
    The biggest disappointment with the Turbo 2 is absolutely the battery life. While I'm sure it's a lot better than most flagship phones, it's a huge step back from the first Turbo.
    01-09-2016 10:44 PM
    The biggest disappointment with the Turbo 2 is absolutely the battery life. While I'm sure it's a lot better than most flagship phones, it's a huge step back from the first Turbo.
    Even with the battery being a little smaller, the new octocore was supposed to make it better than before. Just simply wasnt the case. I am curious still what will come out at the end of this year, but i wont be buying on release day again.

Again, i love the moto droids, but my old turbo is fast enough for everything i do and the battery is awesome for a quad hd screen.

01-09-2016 11:00 PM
    I honestly get better battery life with the T2 than the T1. There seems to be a large disparity on this topic, but most seem to feel they got better battery performance from the former. I use my phone the exact same way and I often go to bed with 40%. I always needed to charge my T1 by midnight, especially towards the end. I think it's the superior idle drain, but either way I get a similar amount of SOT with significantly better battery life overall.
    01-15-2016 08:10 PM
    I honestly get better battery life with the T2 than the T1. There seems to be a large disparity on this topic, but most seem to feel they got better battery performance from the former. I use my phone the exact same way and I often go to bed with 40%. I always needed to charge my T1 by midnight, especially towards the end. I think it's the superior idle drain, but either way I get a similar amount of SOT with significantly better battery life overall.
    I was getting ridiculously good battery life with the original Turbo. Sometimes as much as 8 hours SOT. At the end of a normal day with the T1, I'd have about 60% left. With the T2, it's more like 40%. I'm not complaining about getting a full day battery, but I am very disappointed that, for me, the T1 had such better battery life than the T2. It's just disappointing because battery life should be getting better, not worse.
    PowrDroid likes this.
    01-15-2016 09:20 PM
    I was getting ridiculously good battery life with the original Turbo. Sometimes as much as 8 hours SOT. At the end of a normal day with the T1, I'd have about 60% left. With the T2, it's more like 40%. I'm not complaining about getting a full day battery, but I am very disappointed that, for me, the T1 had such better battery life than the T2. It's just disappointing because battery life should be getting better, not worse.
    That's crazy! I never got anything near that with the T1. The Droid Maxx was the best battery life I ever had and even then I was averaging just over 5 hours SOT. Got 7.5 once on the Maxx and 6.5 once on the T1. I've gotten 6 on the T2 a few times and am averaging 4.5. On the T1 according to GSAM, I was averaging 4.5, but by the end it was definitely on a downward trend.

I wish I understood why there's so much variability. It seems like more than can be explained by different usage habits. Maybe some units are just better than others. Maybe my T1 was a lemon. 8 hours would never have been even close to possible for me on the T1.
    01-15-2016 11:07 PM
    I wish I understood why there's so much variability. It seems like more than can be explained by different usage habits. Maybe some units are just better than others. Maybe my T1 was a lemon. 8 hours would never have been even close to possible for me on the T1.
    It's almost certainly usage habits. How bright is the display, how weak is your mobile and wifi signal, do you use Bluetooth, and which apps listen for background updates and how often are they received. There is probably some hardware variability, but it wouldn't account for more than a few percent.
    01-16-2016 06:41 AM
    It's almost certainly usage habits. How bright is the display, how weak is your mobile and wifi signal, do you use Bluetooth, and which apps listen for background updates and how often are they received. There is probably some hardware variability, but it wouldn't account for more than a few percent.
    Definitely. I was on wifi most of the day and didn't do any battery intensive gaming. I also kept my adaptive brightness around 30%. Most of my usage was web browsing, music, podcasts, social media, email, etc.
    01-16-2016 07:14 AM
    If it's usage habits, then how would you account for people coming from a T1 getting significantly worse battery life on the T2? Would you assume that those individuals have changed their usage habits (moved to a place with inferior coverage) or that the T2 just doesn't handle those specific types of tasks as well as the T1. I for instance use my T2 almost exactly the same as I did the T1 and get noticeably better battery life.

I completely agree with your logic. It would seem almost impossible in my mind that manufacturing variability, or defective units would be responsible for these types of disparities, but it seems weird to me that so many people are so surprised at the apparent worse performance. Are these people just not aware of the changes in their habits or the other variables that may be contributing to it? I don't think I'm the only person who's getting better battery life on the T2, so I'm somewhat skeptical that the battery on the T2 is objectively worse than the T1. And with all of the negative reports and how many discouraged owners their seem to be, I'm just trying to understand, especially for those who came from a T1.
    01-16-2016 10:22 AM
    The thing with my phones is they are pretty much set up the sane way. The turbo1, 2 and my note5 all have the same widgets, dame power saving location setting and sync is turned off. I keep the screens about the same too.

I liked the turbo2, but in my usage the turbo1 showed better battery life. Things differ w different people, but when i set the phones up the same and can see a big enough difference, its not just usage.

01-18-2016 05:12 AM
    I was talking about usage by different people. Everybody uses their phones differently. You'll always use a phone the same way, no matter which model, somebody else will always use a phone the same way, but different from you, and that explains why some people have better battery life with one phone while somebody else has better battery life with another one.
    01-18-2016 05:58 AM
    I was talking about usage by different people. Everybody uses their phones differently. You'll always use a phone the same way, no matter which model, somebody else will always use a phone the same way, but different from you, and that explains why some people have better battery life with one phone while somebody else has better battery life with another one.
    So then if somebody (who owned both phones, or multiple phones I guess, whatever) got better battery life with the T1 and I for instance get better battery life with the T2 over the T1 I previously owned, it would suggest, based on the phones internals, processor, etc., that it handles certain types of use better than others. I almost never play games on my phone, but write a ton of emails, messages on whatsapp, and have everything syncing. The T2 for me is better for that type of use than my T1 by a large degree. In the little bit that I've played games on both, I didn't notice much of a difference, and for things like navigation is seems to be about the same. The largest difference tends to be the idle drain, which is leaps and bounds better on the T2. I don't want to generalize based on what I've installed on my device, but I have 2 gmails, 1 corporate and 1 yahoo email syncing constantly, plus things like Instagram, whatsapp, various sports and news feeds; and my idle battery drain is amazing. If anyone in particular feels like the idle drain on this phone is not better than the T1, then I think there might be another issue like a rogue app, or some other problem.
    01-18-2016 10:23 AM
    I'm giving up my turbo 2 when the S7 comes out. I had Sammy phones for years and switched for battery life. Well turbo 2 is way worse than my note 4. Oh well pay it off an get a new one!

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-19-2016 06:50 AM
    I'm giving up my turbo 2 when the S7 comes out. I had Sammy phones for years and switched for battery life. Well turbo 2 is way worse than my note 4. Oh well pay it off an get a new one!

I went back to my note5. The battery life isnt quite as good as the note4, but the turbo 2 wasnt showing much better at all, where my first turbo i still have is a huge increase in battery life.

01-20-2016 01:33 AM
    I went from a Razr Maxx to Turbo 2 and the T2 is way better on battery. I have identical apps and use it the same way. I usually have 60% going to bed and about 58% in the a.m. I'm glad I switched. Also, the phone fits better in my hand. I have learned from these threads that the screen will scratch easily, so it's in an OtterBox. Not sure if the Qi charger will work yet. Still waiting for it to come in.
    01-20-2016 07:30 PM
    I think we are are seeing a bunch of Samsung loyalists in here but I find the battery more the efficient, also it has zero issues with everything else, no bloated touchwiz or lack of expandable storage I would rather keep this phone even if the battery was not good that get a Samsung which can be worse for radios, lag, and other important functions of a phone

01-21-2016 05:33 AM
    @LBrush...not sure what Qi charger you ordered, but my Tylt Vu wireless Qi charger works great with my T2.
    01-21-2016 07:22 AM
    @LBrush...not sure what Qi charger you ordered, but my Tylt Vu wireless Qi charger works great with my T2.
    I'm considering a Tylt Vu also. I've found that the round Choe charger seems to work quite well with the Turbo 2. I've gotten used to its sensitivity to the position of the phone on top of the charger, and have pretty much mastered dropping it in the right place for charging to start right up. I like the idea of the Tylt Vu's design pretty much making positioning a non-issue. That could be pretty convenient in a number of situations.

BTW: The Choe model I tried is the Qi Turbo charging model -- and I can report that, as quickly as this Qi charger works, it does NOT appear to be seen by the phone as a "turbo charger". From all that I've not, wireless turbo charging is NOT a feature of the Droid Turbo 2. So - while this charger works well, the regular, non-turbo Choe Qi charger probably works just as well.

Jon
    01-21-2016 03:28 PM
    I just got the iottie qi charger stuck to night stand since they had a good sale on them
    01-28-2016 11:48 PM