I wanted to start a new thread, since the one below this has 200 replies and it's frustrating reading through all of that.

So I've had my phone since Wednesday. Bought the customized one. The battery life so far is nowhere close to what would be considered a realistic lifespan for the phone and battery of this size. 3670mAh doesn't seem to be present, because I've consistently had less than 12 hours of overall use. Tonight, my phone's battery has dropped 6% in approximately 15 minutes, 4% of it while signing up for the site and writing this post. It currently projects 6 hours.

Do I have a weak battery, or have I not gone through enough charge cycles? Does using the charger that came with it make a difference? This is kind of irritating, since I got the phone for the battery life and the cool stuff that came along with it. My Droid Maxx lasted far longer than this out of the gate. It has very little on it. Vibrate function is turned off except for notifications and I've turned off a medley of other power-hungry features, but the comparatively poor life persists,
    01-10-2016 04:50 AM
    Usually with a new phone you should give it a couple of days after set up to let the battery settle in. With that said, its becoming clear pretty quick that the turbo 2 isnt getting near the battery life of the first turbo or the droid maxx. Something is going on where the octocore sd810 isnt being as efficient as advertised.

The first turbo has only a slightly larger battery (3900mah) and a quadcore sd805 and the battery is by far better than the turbo 2.
    The new deoid maxx 2 that was released the same day as the turbo 2 is also getting much better battery life. It has a 1080 screen and sd615. My daughter charges hers every other day instead of every day.

I dont know if the software can improve battery life much on the turbo 2, while its not "bad" it certainly isnt what we have come to expect from the big battery moto droids lately.

Sent with my white Note5 with nonremovable back and no SDcard!
    01-10-2016 05:03 AM
    Usually with a new phone you should give it a couple of days after set up to let the battery settle in. With that said, its becoming clear pretty quick that the turbo 2 isnt getting near the battery life of the first turbo or the droid maxx. Something is going on where the octocore sd810 isnt being as efficient as advertised.
    Yeah, I figured as much. I charged the phone then let it run down for as long as I could, which ended up being around 10 hours. As others have said, I'm killing this thing in a day... I didn't capture any SOT data but from my current starting point after rebooting the phone, I can provide more data. My phone is now damn near bloatware free, too.

I'm unsure of the TurboPower charger, though. Does it really have the same effect as charging it normally, just miles faster, or is it slowly killing the battery because of the multiple quick charges I've put it through this week?
    01-10-2016 05:22 AM
    I really dont think the turbo charger will have any noticeable affect on the battery. The old turbo i have has been charged w just the turbo charger for almost a year and battery life has stayed awesome.

I hate to say it again, but i think the combination of octocore and quad hd is causing less than great battery life.. someone who knows more can correct me, but thats what i am seeing.

01-10-2016 07:53 AM
    Interesting thoughts on why the Turbo 2 isn't getting good battery life. If the problem is the efficiency of the 810 and the screen, perhaps the Maxx 2 performs better from a battery standpoint. I'd be interested to give that phone a try. I'm not terribly worried about the shatterproof screen. It's a cool feature, but not necessary for me.
    01-10-2016 08:41 AM
    My daughter got the maxx 2 at the same time i got the turbo 2.

She loves it, she doesnt play the "high end" games so i cant comment to that, but watching videos on youtube and things like that have no lag.

She came from the droid maxx and loves the maxx 2. I got her spoiled to good battery life early on, her first smartphone was a razr maxx lol.

Ill take a 1080 screen any day, the quad hds are nice but so are the 1080 and use less power.

01-10-2016 09:10 AM
    One thing I just noticed was finding DT Ignite running in my battery rundown. 5% of battery usage, just to install stuff that I might not want on my phone. I had to disable a third-party app to get rid of it, but that's one more thing taken care of.

Also, with a quad HD screen I wasn't expecting Maxx-level battery life, but I was definitely expecting more.
    01-10-2016 01:14 PM
    It's certainly not what I had with my Maxx.
    01-10-2016 04:22 PM
    I am finding that some apps are just killing the battery. I just deleted facebook and my battery life is much better. I am finally happy with this phone though. I can go all day with out a charge the lowest my battery has gotten before a charge is around 30% I have gotten almost 4 hrs of SOT the one day I was traveling and used my phone a lot. But yes when the screen is on it tends to drain faster then I think it should I keep my brightness at the lowest setting. I have also disabled many apps to get my battery life to stableize. It could be signal issues for me I am not sure why its been such a pain to get better battery life but in the end I do like this phone and I don't have to charge it during the day. It is 5pm I am at 80% battery life after 17 minutes SOT and 13 minute phone call.
    01-10-2016 05:12 PM
    I will also add the day I got 4 hrs SOT I ran it down to 5% . I also don't expect 7hrs of SOT from my phone but I would like 4. I don't' care so much that it drains when I am using it but that it was draining so bad when I was not. It almost seems like apps don't always play well with the operating system at times. Maybe its the processor I don't know. What is weird is how some people seem to have no issues and others have a lot. I am not an overly heavy user myself. Most days I do maybe a 1 hr total of SOT. I just wanted a phone to go off chager at 6am and make it until 11pm and as of now my phone is doing that with no problems at all.
    01-10-2016 05:31 PM
    My Turbo 2 is absolutely awesome on standby assuming cell signal is good (3-6% drain overnight), but if it's bad, it'll drain 3-4% per hour at most. However, using the screen plays havoc on my battery. It seems to drain 1% about every 3-4 minutes of SOT, which is much more than what I had on my old S4. This sucks as I can't see much difference in sharpness between this 2k display and my S4's 1080p display; I'd much rather have a 1080p screen and the extra battery.

Still, I've gotten anywhere from 3 to 7 hours of SOT on anywhere from 16 to 36 hours depending on usage, which I guess is good. It just feels like a lot less than that because the rapid screen battery drain disappears once I go below 30%, and I often plug in at 30% in the interest of prolonging the life of my battery. It's not a 48 hour battery, but with today's current cell technology that's a pipe dream unless the phone's a brick.

Does anybody else find that the battery drains much slower once it drops under 30%? Either way, I'll calibrate my battery now and report back if it makes any difference.
    01-11-2016 12:28 AM
    I just got my turbo 2, two days ago. I had a turbo and this battery is lasting longer. I've got 5 hrs and 40 minutes SOT and have 29% battery left. I'm sure it's not broke In yet either. Also I have Bluetooth on all the time connected to my moto 360 gen 2
    01-11-2016 12:55 AM
    So an update: currently tells me I have 37 hours left at 72% with 2 hours SOT. I actually uninstalled the Tumblr and Facebook apps and that seems to have helped, but right now I'm not entirely sure.

What constitutes a "broken in" battery?
    01-11-2016 07:47 PM
    After I got through setting it up and got all the right apps installed and deleted everything I could that came on it and disabled everything else, I've gotten great battery life. I even use the Facebook app, but I make sure to cancel it between uses. I uses it casually, checking email, Facebook, texting, Google+ and some surfing and normally have at least 60% at the end of the day. I'm normally on wifi at work and at my apartment too so that helps. Saturday I went off charger from 7:00 AM until Midnight. Had about 5-6 hours of SOT with about 2 hours of that being on GPS AND listening to music on Google Play Music, another 30-45 minutes video recording, the rest of the time taking pictures or on facebook or email. When I got home and put it back on the charger I had over 30% left. I'd say that's pretty respectable.
    01-11-2016 08:25 PM
    Makes sure once you "clean" it by deleting bloatware that you can and disabling what you can't, turn it all the way off and restart it. It should get better life then.
    01-11-2016 08:27 PM