03-10-2016 04:33 AM
39 12
tools
    The reply I got from "Kim" at Case-Mate yesterday was this:

Kim (Case-mate)
    Jan 21, 20:47

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting Case-Mate and your interest in our products. At this time, we do not have any specific information on when, or if, the item you are requesting might become available. Our product development team is always working on new products. I will gladly share your feedback/request with them!

For real time updates on product releases and promotions you can follow us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/casemate, or on Twitter at http://twitter.com/casemate. Our community manager will let you know as soon as new cases are available on the site.

You can also sign up for our newsletter at: Premium Smartphone Cases, Watch Bands & Accessories | Case-Mate – Case-Mate.com for the latest Case-Mate news, product releases, and product promotions.

Thank you again for your request and feedback!

Kind regards,
    01-22-2016 10:18 AM
    The reply I got from "Kim" at Case-Mate yesterday was this:

Kim (Case-mate)
    Jan 21, 20:47

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting Case-Mate and your interest in our products. At this time, we do not have any specific information on when, or if, the item you are requesting might become available. Our product development team is always working on new products. I will gladly share your feedback/request with them!

For real time updates on product releases and promotions you can follow us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/casemate, or on Twitter at http://twitter.com/casemate. Our community manager will let you know as soon as new cases are available on the site.

You can also sign up for our newsletter at: Premium Smartphone Cases, Watch Bands & Accessories | Case-Mate – Case-Mate.com for the latest Case-Mate news, product releases, and product promotions.

Thank you again for your request and feedback!

Kind regards,
    My reply was from "Artie Dias"
    I like your reply better. But It still doesn't look good for the bumper. But you never know. I had emailed Seidio last month to see if they would make the surface for the DT2 and they told me flat out 'NO" and that just came out last week. So lets keep emailing CM about the Tough Frame and maybe they will make it.... or maybe its in the works already and the customer service people have no clue.
    01-22-2016 10:39 AM
    My reply was from "Artie Dias"
    I like your reply better. But It still doesn't look good for the bumper. But you never know. I had emailed Seidio last month to see if they would make the surface for the DT2 and they told me flat out 'NO" and that just came out last week. So lets keep emailing CM about the Tough Frame and maybe they will make it.... or maybe its in the works already and the customer service people have no clue.
    Yes - I was amused to see the difference between the responses we each got, but in the end I agree that neither is very encouraging. A well made bumper-only case like the Tough Frame would be perfect for this phone. Hopefully more people will write to ask for it, and Case-Mate will start to take the request more seriously.

I had a Seidio Surface on my Galaxy Nexus a few years back. Still have it in the basement somewhere with the GNex itself, and also a variant Seido sold that provided extra space on the back for their extended battery for that phone. The Surface is a nice idea in general, and the slightly rubberized surface is a good texture -- I'm just not sure I'd like it now as much as the feel of a Speck Candyshell Grip. I was actually hoping for a bumper on the order of a Tough Frame, but with the rubbery grip similar to that of the Speck shell. If Speck were to make a rigid frame case for the T2, that would be very nice indeed.
    01-22-2016 12:02 PM
    I'm interested in this too. I just ordered my phone and don't want anything covering the back but would like some protection for the bezel. If anyone finds something please post it.
    01-22-2016 12:32 PM
    A friend of mine just sent an email into CaseMate and got close to the same reply I got. From the same person.

Artie Dias (Case-mate)
    Jan 22, 14:27

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting Case-mate. I have asked our product development if there were any plans on making a Tough Frame for the Droid Turbo 2 and I was advise that at this time we are not going to manufacture one.

Kind Regards,
    01-22-2016 02:27 PM
    So I ran across this case...

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53...ps%26lpid%3D82

With the look of it, it would seem that the case could be cut along the structure seam of the bumper. Does anyone have this that could verify?

That's one nasty link, ha-ha.

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-22-2016 11:48 PM
    I would never be able to cut that without it looking like crap. The case itself does look pretty good though.
    01-23-2016 09:25 AM
    That's the same one they sell in the Verizon stores and it's not able to be separated. It's a hard acrylic with the silicone on the edges.
    02-01-2016 11:56 PM
    I think someone should come out with a case that has a green line on the back to match the front.
    02-02-2016 11:22 AM
    Anyone find any yet? It's been a month since people have posted here. I just ordered a clear case for mine because my 1 year old niece likes to play with phones and will sometimes drop them so I just want added protection. I have leather on the back and really like the feel of it so I'm definitely hoping for a bumper case soon too.

03-07-2016 10:44 AM
    My bad. Cimo is not a bumper case. But it is the least bulky and provides good grip, and protection for the corners, etc.
    03-07-2016 02:23 PM
    Think TPU case like the Cimo are a good fit and size - just a bit irritating that the TPU material over the buttons can make them hard to press. That's why I like the Casemate Tough - "floating" buttons that move freely -- but the case is relatively bulky. Best would really be a good high quality bumper...
    03-07-2016 02:40 PM
    I've had an Urban Armor case and they're pretty nice but bulky. I've been using PureGear on my last 2 phones and got one for my Turbo 2. The material is better than a TPU case and the fit is excellent. I got an all clear version from Amazon. My previous 2 were black around the edges. It's about twice the cost of a TPU case ($20) but highly recommended.
    03-08-2016 05:54 PM
    Speck came out with a Candyshell case for the Droid Turbo 2. Not a bumper case but not too bulky. Adds great grip to the phone.

03-10-2016 04:33 AM
39 12