Anyone found a good Bumper yet?

Powerplaygraphix

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
I like the Turbo 2 and the durability is great. I was going to order a Motomaker with leather back but didn't want to wait 2 weeks for it to come in so I got the black "grid" back one with the soft/rubbery feel (silicone actually I guess). I actually really like it and would love to go without a case, but the metal edge, being so sharp, makes it hard to hold. I've looked to see if there are any bumpers yet but I can't find any. Has anyone had any luck finding a good bumper case? I'm starting to wonder if I'm going to have to find a clear silicone case and cut the back out of it.

mgullick

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
Weird. I don't see it in black.

I carried my Maxx naked and never had a problem. The Turbo 2 is just too dang slick. I need a case that covers the back and let's me put the phone face down with a bit of space between the screen and the surface but I don't want one that's bulky, or "sticky". I need it to slide in and out of my pocket easily but not slip and slide all over the place when I set it down or prop it against something.

mez70

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
Every case out there seems to be a hybrid. There are no real silicone only cases yet. My maxx had an all silicone case that was awesome. No bulk whatsoever. Very very sticky. Wouldn't slide on metal, unless you used a lot of force. Hoping they come out with an all silicone case soon. Im trying out my third case that said "anti-slip" on the features. And none of them so far come close to the case I used on the maxx.

mez70

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
Every case out there seems to be some sort of hybrid case. Still haven't found a true "all silicone" case. The silicone case I used on my maxx was awesome. No bulk at all, and very, very sticky.
Word to the wise, if it mentions TPU in the description, do not buy it. It's gonna be slick.

Sorry for the double post lol

Powerplaygraphix

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
I've found plenty of soft, rubbery cases out there but they all cover the back. I just want a true bumper the covers the metal (preferably clear) to make it easier to grip but leaves the back exposed to the touch. I may have to buy one of the clear silicone rubbery ones and trim it.

Powerplaygraphix

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
The one I ordered is due in today. I'll let you know what happens.

As for the UAG version, it still covers the back. I want a true bumper that leaves the back open but adds grip to the sides.

Powerplaygraphix

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
I got it but haven't had a chance to trim it yet. My X-acto blade was dull and I went to get new ones and haven't had a chance to go through and trim it out. The clear one I got was really nice, as far as silicone cases go, and looks pretty good except the seam is a little harsh on it. I plan on shaving it back smooth too to try and make sure it's as smooth as it can be. I'll probably do the trimming tonight and I'll post pics when I'm done.

Powerplaygraphix

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
Finally got around to doing it and... in short... don't. It loses all structural integrity if you cut enough away to reveal the whole back. The bumper wants to come off every time you pull it in and out of pockets or just try to use it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech