Wireless charging with 3 coil charger

jimbo1mcm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
I had been having some difficulty charging with a wireless receiver that I have that has 3 coils and stands at about a 40 degree angle. It appears that the wireless charger center in the Droid Turbo 2 is slightly lower than many other phones. I simply added a small buildup to the bottom of the charger ( actually a small round tube from a large pen, held on with velcro) and now when I sit the phone on the charger, the internal recepter is higher and it charges properly.

strawbee

Oct 29, 2015
Visit site
I had been having some difficulty charging with a wireless receiver that I have that has 3 coils and stands at about a 40 degree angle. It appears that the wireless charger center in the Droid Turbo 2 is slightly lower than many other phones. I simply added a small buildup to the bottom of the charger ( actually a small round tube from a large pen, held on with velcro) and now when I sit the phone on the charger, the internal recepter is higher and it charges properly.

Which charger is this that you're using?

tlacour

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
The other day I was testing out if a specific case I was buying in a Verizon store would interfere with wireless charging. The sales guy pulled out a small wooden block (looked like a Jenga block) and placed it under the phone as he put it on a Verizon brand charging stand. He said it's known to them the Turbo 2 has to be raised up a bit to work with most wireless chargers. I have two Tylt chargers that work fine with any cases I've put on my phone with no special placement. If you're in the market, I'd recomend the Tylt chargers. I use one on my desk at work and on nightstand at home for overnight. I've never had any problems with them.

dkediger

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
+1 for the Tylt. I use one I bought two and half years ago (for a Lumia 928 and then Icon) that I still use without any problem with my DT2.

Spendy, but top notch stuff. They were about the only tilted Qi chargers available back then.

I'll try my DT2 on the Vzw stands my son and wife use at home - the have a DT and a Note 5.

Posted via the Android Central App

jimbo1mcm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
Which charger is this that you're using?

Here is the ebay linkhttp://www.ebay.com/itm/3-Coils-Qi-Wireless-Charger-Stand-Charging-Pad-For-Samsung-Galaxy-S6-Edge-S5-S4-/251805397369?hash=item3aa0c57179:g:hf4AAOSw8d9UwvPC

This is the receiver unit. You need a dedicated charger with a microsd input to plug into the receiver. They recommend a 1,000mah charger. It has a green light when not being used. When you put your phone on it, it turns blue. Remember to build up the base about 1/2 inch. Good luck.

strawbee

Oct 29, 2015
Visit site
The other day I was testing out if a specific case I was buying in a Verizon store would interfere with wireless charging. The sales guy pulled out a small wooden block (looked like a Jenga block) and placed it under the phone as he put it on a Verizon brand charging stand. He said it's known to them the Turbo 2 has to be raised up a bit to work with most wireless chargers. I have two Tylt chargers that work fine with any cases I've put on my phone with no special placement. If you're in the market, I'd recomend the Tylt chargers. I use one on my desk at work and on nightstand at home for overnight. I've never had any problems with them.
The DT2 works with most wireless chargers. It's just that with the VZW tilt stand in particular, that the user experience is better with the shim on the bottom to move the phone upwards to better align the coils.

+1 for the Tylt. I use one I bought two and half years ago (for a Lumia 928 and then Icon) that I still use without any problem with my DT2.

Spendy, but top notch stuff. They were about the only tilted Qi chargers available back then.

I'll try my DT2 on the Vzw stands my son and wife use at home - the have a DT and a Note 5.

Posted via the Android Central App
I've heard some rumblings that the Note 5 has issues with the VZW tilt charger as well.

strawbee

Oct 29, 2015
Visit site
Here is the ebay linkhttp://www.ebay.com/itm/3-Coils-Qi-Wireless-Charger-Stand-Charging-Pad-For-Samsung-Galaxy-S6-Edge-S5-S4-/251805397369?hash=item3aa0c57179:g:hf4AAOSw8d9UwvPC

This is the receiver unit. You need a dedicated charger with a microsd input to plug into the receiver. They recommend a 1,000mah charger. It has a green light when not being used. When you put your phone on it, it turns blue. Remember to build up the base about 1/2 inch. Good luck.

Makes sense. Just know that that charger isn't Qi certified, so if you run into other issues, I highly recommend purchasing a certified charging pad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18