01-13-2016 01:12 PM
    The way that article is written. I doubt they would know what they are talking about. Droid Turbo 2 is a midrange device.?

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-13-2016 04:09 PM
    For what we paid for the T2, it is hardly a "mid-range" device.
    rdjr74 likes this.
    01-13-2016 04:53 PM
    ...consider the source.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition
    01-13-2016 05:14 PM
    Here is a link I found in the Motorola forums on Marshmallow changes to the Moto X Force....

https://motorola-global-en-uk.custhe...p/30,6720,9585
    01-22-2016 05:23 PM
    So maybe someone has already answered this question, but why did the DT2 not get 6.0.1 if that's the latest and greatest version? I had the 1st Turbo, the Maxx, the Droid Razr Maxx and understand the waiting period, etc. But seriously, why only 6.0 verses skipping this version for the latest like the first Turbo, or whatever phone that was?

03-16-2016 07:00 PM
    Fake. Don't ever listen to anything from that Lawyer Herald website. They've never known what they are talking about when it comes to electronics.

Posted via my Nexus 6P on VerLIEzon Wireless but without their shackles.
    THEPRFCT10 likes this.
    03-16-2016 07:49 PM
    For what we paid for the T2, it is hardly a "mid-range" device.
    Agree. The phone has top of the line specs, camera is great and a gimmicky built in screen protector plus we have marshmallow now. I think alot of the thinking behind the "mid range " tag is because it's limited to Verizon and it really never got the love it deserves. I consider this phone the silent assassin. I also don't believe in the ugly phone thinking as many do. It's customizable! This phone has a ton going for it! It's the best phone I've had next to the HTC m8 but I honestly think this phone has surpassed it now. Of course this is all personal opinion. All its missing is a removable battery.

OK back on point. 😜

03-16-2016 09:24 PM
    As a DT2 owner -- I do think the DT2 is a Mid Range device -- with High End components. It's a decent phone, but I really think Moto whiffed when it comes to utilizing the components. The camera is NOT flagship, the thing stutters all over the place unless one turns off animations deep down in the developer options, it runs hot. no fingerprint reader, the power and volume buttons are awkward, and more. I also really think the battery life should be better and I chalk that up to sub par engineering on Moto's fault. I am not an engineer, but I suspect many of the shortcomings of this phone have to do with the 810 chip -- power consumption, battery life, and software stutters.

As far as 6.0.1 comping soon, ha, ha, ha. Verizon's record on updates is horrible. In fact, the dag gone update should have been 6.0.1 to begin with. Unless there is some fatal security vulnerability I suspect that next updated with be Android 7 -- probably more than 1 YEAR from now. Even a security flaw is no guarantee VZ will push an updated. After all, the DT2 shipped still vulnerable to a couple of the Stage Fright variations.

I like the phone, but I must admit coming from an Iphone 5, I had much higher expectations for a late 2015 Android flagship device.

I am fairly happy with my DT2 -- the first Android phone I ever purchased. I especially like the Moto actions.
    adayoff likes this.
    03-20-2016 10:45 AM
    I can agree on the battery. One would think it should be better. As far as the heating issue. Marshmallow took care of that with my phone. The camera works great on my phone. I have no issues with lag. Finger print, ehh, I'll take wireless charging over that.

03-20-2016 11:06 AM
    @pbike908 - Surprised to hear you reporting that the phone runs hot and stutters. I haven't had either of those issues, and we've been using three DT2's since November. The only times the phone even gets warm are when doing running graphically intense Google Cardboard environments for a long time, or when I'm downloading a LOT of data over a questionable data connection.

Re: stutter: I haven't seen that at all. Our DT2's have been remarkably fast and smooth. The only time I see hesitation at all is when a remote service or website is slow or uneven in responding - something outside the phone's control.

Re: battery - after the hype, I expected more too -- but I seem to average about 5 hours screen on time and end to end use of about 36 hours, although I prefer to charge the phone when I go to sleep so I can start the day at 100%. Even with heavy use, I simply haven't come near wiping out the complete charge before a day is over.

I wonder if you've got a problem app on your phone, or need to clear cache, or even try a factory reset (worst case). I've had a number of phones over the past 20+ years, and this is the best to date. If it had a fingerprint read, removable battery, and allowed all the updates like the Nexus gets, it would pretty much be a perfect phone. As is - it's been excellent for me. Really surprised to hear your report.
    03-20-2016 04:54 PM