Power needed to prevent battery drain

divisionbell77

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I tried googling this but could not find anything. Does anyone know the power needed to keep the Turbo 2 from having the battery drained when running Waze?

With my Turbo 1 I was using an older Blackberry wall plug in my Jeep's power outlet and that was good enough to keep the phone at the same battery level while running Waze. With the Turbo 2 it is slowly draining.

Was wondering if anyone knew the minimum power I would need to keep the screen up 100% of the time, running Waze? It can be any form of power supply since I have a plug in outlet in the Jeep, as well as cigarette outlets and USB.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Ideally, you will get a charger with the same output as the charger which came with the phone; perhaps one of these: Chargers - Motorola

Having said that, you can most likely use any reasonably current charger with a minimum of 1 Amp / 1000 mA output.

divisionbell77

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
The charger that comes with it pulls 25w. While the outlet is good for 150w, 25w is a little much and may lead to car battery issues, so I am attempting to find the minimum needed to keep the phone from draining while the screen is on.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
The charger that comes with it pulls 25w. While the outlet is good for 150w, 25w is a little much and may lead to car battery issues, so I am attempting to find the minimum needed to keep the phone from draining while the screen is on.

Are you sure about that?

If the output is 15 watts, I find it difficult to believe that the input draws 25 watts. Besides, it would only draw that for the 15 minutes or so it takes to reach full charge and after that the draw should be very minimal. :)

Moto TurboPower™ Chargers

Honestly, I think your concerns are unfounded. But, as I said, a simple 1 amp charger would probably suffice.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I am talking about the wall charger, which is 25w.

The simple 1 amp that I am using is not enough since there is a battery drain.

The wall charger listed on Motorola's website for the Droid Turbo 2 (linked above) is 15 watts. While it seems that both the Moto X Pure Edition and the Droid Turbo 2 come with TurboPower 25 (watts?) chargers; only TurboPower 15 chargers are available at Motorola's site and listed as accessories for both the Droid Turbo 2 and the XPE.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Those are the travel chargers.

I'm really confused why you feel the need to argue with me over this. Please just stop.

I'm not arguing with you. I am responding to your initial post and your comments since.

Maybe they are "travel chargers" but that's not the way they are identified on Motorola's site; they are simply listed as "Accessories - Chargers". They list a TurboPower™ 15 Car Charger and a TurboPower™ 15 Wall Charger, along with two wireless charging docks. The TurboPower 25 charger is not even offered for sale.

Regardless, my advice to you is this: since you say that the 1.0 amp charger is not enough to keep your Droid from slowly discharging, and you don't want to use your 25 watt charger out of fear that it will harm your car battery (the outlet is rated 150 watts? but that's another question for another day), so split the difference and purchase an official TurboPower 15 car or wall charger and be done with it.

I'm done.

elvee68

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
I have a dual 2.1 amp bullet charger that I use for my DT2. I don't use waze but I run Google Maps and Navigation all day long. The phone will continue to charge fine for me.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unknown