I am trying to figure out how to set up the Droid to read texts while driving. I have the ability to talk to others through my bluetooth but cannot figure out how to get the text reading feature going? Please help. Thank you.
    01-18-2016 09:20 PM
    I am trying to figure out how to set up the Droid to read texts while driving. I have the ability to talk to others through my bluetooth but cannot figure out how to get the text reading feature going? Please help. Thank you.
    On Lollipop, go to the Assist portion of the Moto App.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition
    weatherlover1 likes this.
    01-18-2016 09:22 PM
    Have you checked in the Moto app/Settings/Assist/Driving/Talk to me?
    01-18-2016 09:23 PM
    I use this app. Not from this website, but from the App Store it read your text aloud, and allows you to reply hands-free also

https://m.apkpure.com/text-aloud-han...speaktexttrial

Posted via the Android Central App
    ColinAlbright likes this.
    01-19-2016 10:55 AM
    Okay, so I have always wanted this to work perfectly, however Moto voice is not that great when the car gets noisy. Here is how I setup my Droid to read texts out loud, and dictate texts and emails as well while driving.

1. Disable Moto voice. I have used this program on 2 different droids and it does not work well all the time. It's sporadic, I think it has to do with your network connection.
    2. Install Dragon Mobile, once installed go to settings and under "in the car" turn "automatically start driver mode" to on. This app will read out your incoming texts. During the read out it will let you respond through it too. You don't want this program set to listen, just make the changes I mention before. Do not have anything set to on under "General". Under "My Assistant" you can select a voice and give them your own wake up phrase. Do not set any other options under "My assistant", they should all be off.
    3. Setup Ok Google. This can be found under Settings" and "Language and Input". Under "Ok Google" Detection make sure "From the Google app" and "From any screen" are turned on. Under "Hands Free" select "for Bluetooth devices". Also under the main "Language & Inputs" settings allow "Bluetooth headset".

This setup allows me to initiate, texts and emails, as well as control the phone with OK Google. This is more efficient than moto voice since some commands require moto voice to trigger google search anyway. Ok google seems to work way better than moto voice too, far more consistent. When a text comes in however, Dragon Mobile will notify and display the text as well as read it out, gives option to reply and send immediately.

I have tried many setups and this one work best.
    02-04-2016 10:26 PM
    I use the app Agent. It's like Moto assist, except that it actually works for me.
    02-05-2016 06:48 AM
    Do you have a link? I can't find an app with that name that is like Moto Assist.

Thanks
    02-05-2016 11:25 AM
    Its actually called Agent - Do Not Disturb

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...tryagent&hl=en
    02-05-2016 12:06 PM
    I would like it if the Moto app would let you specify which Bluetooth connections to recognize as a vehicle. It says it will learn it automatically over time, but it has been a couple months now and it hasn't learned it. Why can't you just tell it which one is your car?

I have tried Drive Mode and Dragon Mobile. I like the way Moto works the best. Too bad it doesn't always work. The only way it recognizes driving is if you leave GPS on all the time.
    02-07-2016 04:58 PM
    I tried dragon I liked it but it is a battery sucker to say the least

02-09-2016 04:49 AM
    I would like it if the Moto app would let you specify which Bluetooth connections to recognize as a vehicle. It says it will learn it automatically over time, but it has been a couple months now and it hasn't learned it. Why can't you just tell it which one is your car?

I have tried Drive Mode and Dragon Mobile. I like the way Moto works the best. Too bad it doesn't always work. The only way it recognizes driving is if you leave GPS on all the time.
    My T2 goes into drive mode as soon as it connects to my stereo in my truck and my car before I start driving.

SandersJC1964 likes this.
    02-10-2016 11:57 PM
    This gent is right.. I have always used my Windows Mobile phone which interfaces perfectly with my Vauxhall Insignia, but of all the apps on Android that I have ever tried this seems to be the only one that allows me to get texts read back to me while driving and I can then do speech to text to respond.., and it works!, just like my Windows Phone always has.. So far, so good!
    01-07-2017 08:41 AM
    This gent is right.. I have always used my Windows Mobile phone which interfaces perfectly with my Vauxhall Insignia, but of all the apps on Android that I have ever tried this seems to be the only one that allows me to get texts read back to me while driving and I can then do speech to text to respond.., and it works!, just like my Windows Phone always has.. So far, so good!
    To which app are you referring? I too have a Windows Phone and find it necessary to be able to receive and reply to text messages while driving. As Microsoft has now announced that they are ending Windows Phone and my Ativ SE is getting rather old, I would like to find a good Android replacement phone. I realize this thread is a bit old but this is the most helpful one that I have found so far.
    11-11-2017 08:05 PM
    Waiting....mine used to read texts very nicely, and a couple updates back, just stopped. Now, all I get is a ding and a message that it can't....which isn't real helpful. I've checked all the settings as suggested.....
    11-15-2017 05:18 PM