I know it's water resistant and not water prof but does anyone have any first hand experience with DT2 vs water?
    01-22-2016 01:53 PM
    I have no first hand experience with water v. the T2, but I would be interested in seeing answers to your post as well. At the risk of getting off topic right away, I never understood why they didn't give this phone "water proofing" when they market this phone as tough, etc., while the less expensive G has an IP rating. If I'm not mistaken, broken screens and water damage are two of the top phone killers and Moto could have addressed both. Interestingly, the S7 and Iphone 7 are both rumored to come out with some form of "water proofing."
    catstide and adayoff like this.
    01-22-2016 03:12 PM
    I've seen the DT2 dropped into a pitcher of water and left in for a few seconds (at least 5 because the screen timed out), and it was fine.
    catstide likes this.
    01-22-2016 03:58 PM
    Just asking, could you shower with your Turbo 2? It's not submerging it in water, but water from a shower head is considerably stronger than rain.
    01-25-2016 03:01 PM
    Just asking, could you shower with your Turbo 2? It's not submerging it in water, but water from a shower head is considerably stronger than rain.
    This reminds me of the age old question... How much wood could a woodchuck...ah never mind

Posted via the Android Central App
    Michael_French_RN likes this.
    01-25-2016 10:22 PM
    Why even take the chance I remember when the S5 came out claiming to being waterproof people where testing it by taking into the water, oceans, lakes, or pools, they where idiots, Samsung though there advertising was mis leading said it was water resistant which in no way is water proof

01-26-2016 04:03 AM
    Why even take the chance I remember when the S5 came out claiming to being waterproof people where testing it by taking into the water, oceans, lakes, or pools, they where idiots, Samsung though there advertising was mis leading said it was water resistant which in no way is water proof

S5 is waterproof...at least form my experience. I watched several Youtube videos of it being submerged in pools for long periods of time with no ill effect. I was sold so I even took some underwater videos and pictures with mine. I never had any problems but I'm sure some did if they didn't have the case closed completely or some other abnormality occurred. I won't be dipping my DT2 but I'm just curious what others experiences are.
    01-26-2016 06:47 AM
    I spilled some Scotch over the top of my DT2 and it was fine, though I wiped it up immediately.
    01-26-2016 09:06 AM
    S5 is waterproof...at least form my experience. I watched several Youtube videos of it being submerged in pools for long periods of time with no ill effect. I was sold so I even took some underwater videos and pictures with mine. I never had any problems but I'm sure some did if they didn't have the case closed completely or some other abnormality occurred. I won't be dipping my DT2 but I'm just curious what others experiences are.
    So what would you have done if something did go wIth it throw a 600 dollar phone in the garbage cause trust me you got lucky real lucky

01-26-2016 09:18 AM
    I wouldn't call it luck. More like karma ... And I had insurance

01-26-2016 12:46 PM
    I spilled some Scotch
    Thats sad
    doogald and gotroot801 like this.
    01-27-2016 02:19 PM