Red lock appears when getting on wifi?

blubaughslegacy

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site
red lock appears when getting on wifi

I can not seem to get passed the red lock to sign into my works wifi. The phone is a droid turbo 2 and is fairly new to me but initially I had the same problem and assumed they were not compatible. Then a few weeks ago I tried and received the same result only to find about a minute later that a new icon appeared on the top left of my phone. This icon looks identical to the Facebook messenger icon, however when I selected it, it took me straight to the username login and password screen. This worked great for the last month or so. Now this week its doing the same thing it did when I first got it. No additional icon and all I get is the wifi icon with an exclamation point. When I scroll down on the tool bar I have an option to login to guest and this is when it takes me to the big red lock. I select the 3 dots> use this network as is and it takes me to my home screen with no changes to wifi. I try to get online and it says something went wrong. I know I have to login but can not get to the login screen. Please help and simplify as I am not very phone / computer savy.

jonstrong

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Re: red lock appears when getting on wifi

I get this same "error" screen when I am in the airport in Atlanta (I have a client there and fly in every week, so I'm in the airport every Mon and Thu). ATL has free Wi-Fi, and something about the sign-in process raises this same error on my Droid Turbo 2 -- never before on my other phones. Same symptoms you describe, and when I choose the option to go ahead and log in as guest, I get nowhere. Finally, on a hunch, I chose the other option, "do not use this network" (or something like that), and as soon as I chose that, I got the normal "agree with our policy" screen from the ATL free Wi-Fi, and all worked perfectly. Not sure why it's done this, but if you have that same option, i.e., "do not use this network" when you get the error message, give it a try and see if you can log in after that.

Jon

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca