This sounds like a dumb question to me but...

On my Maxx I was easily able to add an icon to one of the screens to launch the mobile hot spot.On my Turbo 2 I don't seem to be able to do this. It doesn't make sense that it can't be done so my conclusion is that I'm having an "old fart" issue.

Can someone please tell me how to add this to one of the screens? I use this for testing WiFi connections on work laptops and, while I know how to do this from the settings, I preferred having a simple icon on one of my screens.
    01-27-2016 03:11 PM
    You could try different things.

- You can use the toggle in the quick settings.
    - Create a widget with an app like Power Toggles.
    - Check if this work for you. Long press on the home screen, tap on widgets, scroll down until settings, tap & hold and drag it to the screen - scroll down and select tethering & mobile hotspot.
    01-27-2016 03:21 PM
    You could try different things.

- You can use the toggle in the quick settings.
    - Create a widget with an app like Power Toggles.
    - Check if this work for you. Long press on the home screen, tap on widgets, scroll down until settings, tap & hold and drag it to the screen - scroll down and select tethering & mobile hotspot.
    YES! Many thanks. I knew it had to be simple. It's mind boggling how one can fail to grasp the simplest of things sometimes. I felt foolish having to ask but I'd rather look like a fool and ask than be a fool and not ask.
    Javier P likes this.
    01-27-2016 05:05 PM
    D'Oh! Double post.
    01-27-2016 05:05 PM
    You can also look in the all apps area where mobile Hotspot is listed. Long press and move it to a home screen

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-27-2016 05:12 PM
    YES! Many thanks. I knew it had to be simple. It's mind boggling how one can fail to grasp the simplest of things sometimes. I felt foolish having to ask but I'd rather look like a fool and ask than be a fool and not ask.
    LOL. No worries. Glad it helped!
    01-27-2016 05:18 PM