Why are apps disappearing after doing a reset on my Droid Turbo 2?

A

AC Question

Why are apps disappearing after doing a reset on my Deoid Turbo 2?

After doing a resets on my Droid Turbo 2, random apps have vanished. First, the camera vanished, and today "Colornote" disappeared.

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Re: Why are apps disappearing after doing a reset on my Deoid Turbo 2?

Hi, when you perform the reset it wipes your phone clean, if you haven't synced the apps up completely some won't come back after the reset.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Anything that came preinstalled on the phone stays with a reset - anything you installed gets wiped. You probably installed a camera app. You definitely installed Colormote.

BigTuna4Me

Feb 3, 2016
Visit site

Thanks for the replies, but I probably should have been more precise in my question. The "reset", was not a full factory reset. I just held the power button down for about 15 seconds. The phone shut down, and then came back up. From another thread, I learned that this should be equivalent to pulling the battery, and restarting fresh. After doing this last week, the camera vanished. I loaded a new camera app from the play store, and was able to take pictures again. After doing this " reset" yesterday, the app "Colornote" vanished. I just reloaded this app from the play store, and all was well. Before I reloaded Colornote, I went into settings --> apps --> downloads, and it was no longer there. Any ideas?

Posted via the Android Central App

BigTuna4Me

Feb 3, 2016
Visit site

I forgot to mention that the "camera" that vanished was the stock camera that came on the phone. I had not downloaded any camera apps before the original vanished...

Posted via the Android Central App