icons on turbo 2

gabucher

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
I recently purchased a Motorola Droid Turbo 2. At first when I received incoming mail there would be a small number beside the icon, like the message or email icon, on the number of new mail that was not read yet. Now I no longer receive the small numbers. Only receive the notifications at the top of the screen. Did I change something about the notifications? Greg

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Hello Greg, welcome to the forums! I agree with frankemtp, I always thought that the stock launcher on Moto devices doesn't include those badges. Were you using a custom launcher like Nova and the Tesla unread plugin?

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
If you are still using the stock launcher and not getting the badges, make sure that you haven't disabled the app "badger". That (if the name wasn't obvious) is the app that adds the badges to various app icons on the stock Moto launcher.

tlacour

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Have you disabled any of the apps? There are several posts about safe apps to disable to improve speed or battery life. I would be very careful disabling these apps if you're not absolutely sure what the app does. While it may not harm your phone, it will most likely remove features or functions that you may want.

gabucher

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
First I want to apologize for not responding back sooner. Almost forget I ask this question on the site. I was using stock launcher but did disable the app called Badger. I enabled the Badger app. Still no luck. Badger app was listed in the all apps column but not in the running apps column. I then shut the phone off and then back on. Badger app was in the running column. I sent myself a text and there was the little number beside the icon. Thanks everyone for the help.

perkdog65

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I know for the Messages+ App for texts you will not see the "badge" number unless you are using the app widget on a screen. At least for me and that's on the Moto stock launcher.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante