05-04-2016 12:20 PM
462 ... 1314151617 ...
tools
    For me it fixed my wifi always on issue!
    doogald likes this.
    03-09-2016 01:37 PM
    03-09-2016 01:40 PM
    seems like google now launcher is working better with the 6.0 update, no idea why
    03-09-2016 05:30 PM
    seems like google now launcher is working better with the 6.0 update, no idea why
    Google now launcher sucks in mm. It's now a 2 step process to do what a simple swipe up did. Am I missing an option to have a swipe up activate Google now?

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-09-2016 11:15 PM
    Google now launcher sucks in mm. It's now a 2 step process to do what a simple swipe up did. Am I missing an option to have a swipe up activate Google now?

Long press home for Google Now on tap. See http://motorola-blog.blogspot.com/20...and-smore.html

Also, can't you swipe the leftmost home screen to the right to start Google now? That's always been there.
    03-10-2016 05:03 AM
    I no people have only just got Marshmallow but does anyone think this phone or the Moto X Force will get Android N?

Posted via Android Central App
    03-10-2016 05:59 AM
    I no people have only just got Marshmallow but does anyone think this phone or the Moto X Force will get Android N?

A good determiner for me would be if the original turbo gets MM
    03-10-2016 06:00 AM

Yes, I think it will. I'm not sure 100% of course, but I think that as long as the hardware supports it, Moto will do the update. I think the issue with the 2013 Droids was that they customized the hardware that became difficult to update because it wasn't necessarily off the shelf, and by the time they figured it out for the 2013 Moto X it was time to start upgrading newer handsets to M. Lollipop turned out to be a bit of a disaster and I doubt that something that bad will happen with N.

Because these phones are using the common 810 chip, I think they'll get one more android version update.
    03-10-2016 06:40 AM

I'm not counting on it seeing how the Maxx/Ultra/Mini were abandoned. I also wouldn't count on the original Turbo getting lollipop.

Posted via my Nexus 6P on VerLIEzon Wireless but without their shackles.
    03-10-2016 09:06 AM
    not a two step process. same as before, just swipe right and google now is on left most screen. just saying it seems to work be working better, smoother
    03-10-2016 09:28 AM
    Seems Android N maybe rolling out near the end of the year would be nice to receive it on the Moto X force as it's called here in Europe as the phone is unlocked so should receive the updates quite quickly. Would be nice to have Android N & Android O too.

03-10-2016 10:49 AM
    Don't to forget to modify permissions on apps!

03-10-2016 11:13 AM
    Seems Android N maybe rolling out near the end of the year would be nice to receive it on the Moto X force as it's called here in Europe as the phone is unlocked so should receive the updates quite quickly. Would be nice to have Android N & Android O too.
    I believe that Google wants to get N done sooner than the end of the year (i.e, this summer), I believe in part so that new phones that come out in the fall from now on will deliver with the new OS version rather than last year's, as has been happening the last few years. That doesn't mean that Motorola will have an update for a year old phone like the X Force done all that fast, though. I'd guess on this time next year as a good "it should be close to here by now" if Google really does get N done by summer, and - maybe a bigger if - Motorola tries to aggressively develop Android for its unlocked phones.

I would highly doubt that the X Force or the Turbo 2 will go beyond Android N. Maybe it will happen, but I'd not count on it. I can't think of a single phone that Moto has come out with since the Moto X that received more than two full version updates, and the X Force and T2 already have one.
    03-10-2016 11:33 AM
    Yeah Android N will probably be the last update unfortunately. I always like to try to keep up with android updates but they come out so fast. My S4 was on jellybean then it got updated to kitkat then lollipop but it's not getting Marshmallow as Samsung have stopped supporting it. Haven't even had the stagefright update & no security updates either. I'm hopping Motorola will support the phone for at least 2 years.

03-10-2016 04:49 PM
    A good determiner for me would be if the original turbo gets MM
    Not really. Newer phones are always in line for the updates ahead of older phones.

They'll just cut it from the list like they did with the MINI, ULTRA, and MAXX.
    03-10-2016 06:26 PM
    I had that issue with my pics that were taken with my camera, originally they were saved to a folder on the sd card called camera and now it created a new folder in the gallery called SD card, but now when i go to my file explorer it shows that they are still being saved to the same location.
    Pretty annoying.
    That's an issue I was having too. What I ended up doing to fix it is take the original folder that you made before the upgrade, move all of the pictures from that folder to a brand new renamed folder that will be saved to the SD card. Once that's done, take all those pictures that were just moved, and move them to the folder that the camera is automatically saving them to. That way everything is in one folder in your gallery instead of split up into two different ones. From then on, the pictures you capture will then keep going with your existing ones.

What sucks though is you'll have to do the same process with all of your other folders as well. For example if you have a Facebook folder, every time you save a picture from Facebook the phone will make a new folder on its own again :/

Idk why it's made that way but the work around for it is bull.

Just an FYI my SD card is set up like the familiar way Lollipop had it.
    03-10-2016 06:26 PM
    What's weird for me is my SD CARD was renamed to 6443-6334
    03-10-2016 08:05 PM
    Yeah I didn't have that issue
    03-11-2016 08:45 AM
    Don't to forget to modify permissions on apps!

How so? Why? I missed something.
    03-11-2016 01:51 PM
    I am getting a replacement phone sent to me from Verizon so I figured I would install 6.0 on the phone I am sending back once my replacement arrives this is the first Android phone I have updated without doing a factory reset and I am pleased with the way it is running, no battery drain issues, no freezes or lock ups it is still performing very well as it had before the update.and all the apps I have installed are working normal

03-11-2016 02:15 PM
    Last night, for the 1st time, my phone told me it is ready to update. I said Later. Several times this morning, it kept reminding me. Later. I wanted to wait til I got to work. When I finally said to do the update, it did something for a short time, and then stopped. I checked the System updates and it says Software not updated, Download failed. I tap, Check for system update, "Your device's software is up to date."

Any suggestions? Yes, I have tried rebooting.
    03-11-2016 06:28 PM
    How so? Why? I missed something.
    Lots of apps use permissions they don't need. You can set the permissions allowed in marshmallow. Facebook doesn't need to know who I'm calling or have in my contacts list.

Settings ->Apps->Settings->App Permissions

03-11-2016 06:32 PM
    Last night, for the 1st time, my phone told me it is ready to update. I said Later. Several times this morning, it kept reminding me. Later. I wanted to wait til I got to work. When I finally said to do the update, it did something for a short time, and then stopped. I checked the System updates and it says Software not updated, Download failed. I tap, Check for system update, "Your device's software is up to date."

Any suggestions? Yes, I have tried rebooting.
    Ditto here...tried wiping the partition cache as well. No luck.

03-11-2016 07:16 PM
    Ditto here...tried wiping the partition cache as well. No luck.

Yeah, I tried same. Factory reset? I might try that tomorrow.
    03-11-2016 07:26 PM
    Phone prompted me to update this morning. Not seeing much difference with Marshmallow, other than the slightly different volume configuration. Also, text in SwiftKey is bolded now for some reason.

No big deal here, really.
    03-11-2016 07:37 PM
462 ... 1314151617 ...