05-04-2016 12:20 PM
462 ... 16171819
tools
    Can I just suggest that maybe turning on developer options is unnecessary? I'd start with clearing the cache partition, doing that hard reset, and see if that changes anything.

Clear cache partition: https://motorola-global-portal.custh...he%20partition

Hard restart: With the phone running, press and hold the power button until the phone restarts. (It is the replacement on a Motorola device for pulling the battery out of a powered on phone with a removable battery, putting it back in, and restarting the phone.)
    Javier P likes this.
    04-08-2016 01:38 PM
    I would have to completely agree with jonstrong. I had tried checking for the OTA update numerous times, then i tried the upgrade assistant on once pc which didn't work. After reading your post today, 4-12-2016, i decided to try a different pc, which worked and upgraded the phone to 6.0. Thanks for the post.
    jonstrong likes this.
    04-12-2016 10:22 PM
    I would have to completely agree with jonstrong. I had tried checking for the OTA update numerous times, then i tried the upgrade assistant on once pc which didn't work. After reading your post today, 4-12-2016, i decided to try a different pc, which worked and upgraded the phone to 6.0. Thanks for the post.
    Great to see this - glad it worked for you. I received an update to the Verizon Software Upgrade Assistant today on my laptop. I thought maybe that would solve some of the incompatibility issues. But it still wouldn't recognize my DT2 plugged into the USB 2.0 port on my XPS-15 laptop. Again, though, VSUA recognizes my phone plugged into a different laptop.

So - we know they still have compatibility issues with some laptops. We also know, from your experience, that as of April 12, Marshmallow / 6.0 is still available from Verizon via the software upgrade assistant (VSUA).

I see no reason to believe that Verizon has officially pulled the update, as it's still available, though painfully, from them. I doubt they would leave it on servers accessible via VSUA if they had pulled it.

For whatever reason, Verizon seems to be struggling with distribution of the update, whether OTA or via VSUA. I think that's the real issue right now.
    04-12-2016 11:48 PM
    So, those of you who are getting the update thru vsua, things are working ok? . . probably my own paranoia but I've been hesitant because I was under the impression that the reason it's not going ota is that something is wrong, so that by forcing the update thru vsua I'd be basically shooting myself in the foot . . but that's not the case?

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-13-2016 05:33 AM
    So, those of you who are getting the update thru vsua, things are working ok? . . probably my own paranoia but I've been hesitant because I was under the impression that the reason it's not going ota is that something is wrong, so that by forcing the update thru vsua I'd be basically shooting myself in the foot . . but that's not the case?

It's been rock solid for the three DT2's in our house (mine, my wife's and my daughter's). Seems to have ironed out the few issues I was having before with lollipop. Been a few weeks now, and sink three phones - heavily used - are working beautifully. BTW: two were updated OTA, and one via VSUA.
    04-13-2016 07:03 AM
    I just tried using the vsua tool and it doesn't "see" my phone? Followed all instructions carefully . . .

04-13-2016 07:20 AM
    I just tried using the vsua tool and it doesn't "see" my phone? Followed all instructions carefully . . .

Come on guys...be more resourceful! Everyone here loves to help people, but we can't wipe your **** for you! ๐Ÿ˜€

Use a different cable, use a different USB port on your PC, use a different PC..use a different PC with a different OS...use a Mac...

Just saying..
    04-13-2016 07:27 AM
    Wow . . thanks . . . I'm not a newbie you know . . . you have no idea what I've tried or didn't try . . in the time it took you to type that you could have typed something useful . . just sayin'

04-13-2016 07:28 AM
    For those who have not received the MM update OTA I would not be in a rush to get it. The changes seem to be changes for change sake only (no great benifit). In fact it feels like we have lost options (or moved around and harder to access) than we have gained. If I could I would go back in a heart beat.

revtech likes this.
    04-13-2016 07:31 AM
    Come on guys...be more resourceful! Everyone here loves to help people, but we can't wipe your **** for you! ๐Ÿ˜€

Use a different cable, use a different USB port on your PC, use a different PC..use a different PC with a different OS...use a Mac...

Just saying..
    Never mind, deleted post, don't feed the trolls . . . you responded decently to others, wth did I do to you?

And just fyi I've probably updated dozens of BlackBerry devices with Sachesi and made my own autoloaders, can you do that? Well, maybe you can, but I just happen to not be familiar with the vsua, so pardon me for ruining your day with my question . . .

04-13-2016 07:34 AM
    For those who have not received the MM update OTA I would not be in a rush to get it. The changes seem to be changes for change sake only (no great benifit). In fact it feels like we have lost options (or moved around and harder to access) than we have gained. If I could I would go back in a heart beat.

Now there's a helpful response, thank you!

04-13-2016 07:35 AM
    Never mind, deleted post, don't feed the trolls . . . you responded decently to others, wth did I do to you?

You are fine. I just have not had my morning coffee yet. ๐Ÿ˜€
    04-13-2016 07:49 AM
    Has the OTA been pulled???

Folks shouldn't have to connect their phones to a computer to upgrade. I don't blame the folks having trouble with upgrade assistant one bit! Verizon is a global tech firm with enough resources that folks who paid $$$$ for their flagship device shouldn't have to deal with such nonsense!
    adayoff likes this.
    04-13-2016 10:09 AM
    Can I just suggest that maybe turning on developer options is unnecessary? I'd start with clearing the cache partition, doing that hard reset, and see if that changes anything.

Clear cache partition: https://motorola-global-portal.custh...he%20partition

Hard restart: With the phone running, press and hold the power button until the phone restarts. (It is the replacement on a Motorola device for pulling the battery out of a powered on phone with a removable battery, putting it back in, and restarting the phone.)
    Tried this and no luck. No change, car charger is useless. So my solution was to buy another wall charger and keep it here at my office. Not as convenient as the car charger but it'll have to do. Everything worked great before the update.
    04-13-2016 04:09 PM
    Tried this and no luck. No change, car charger is useless. So my solution was to buy another wall charger and keep it here at my office. Not as convenient as the car charger but it'll have to do. Everything worked great before the update.
    I don't remember if I asked you this already, and if so, if you answered. But - as with a home charger, this phone does best when using true QualComm Quick Charge 2.0, and when the charger can provide 25 watts on demand. Verizon sells these as aftermarket chargers, and both the home wall charger and car charger do the job beautifully with the Droid Turbo 2 (earlier with Lollipop, and now, just as well, with Marshmallow). The car charger in question is:

Verizon Vehicle Charger with Fast Charge Technology for micro USB - Verizon Wireless

Note: Standard output is 5V/2.85A (14 watts) and fast charge output is 9V/2.85A (25 watts) / 12V/2.15A (25 watts). Any charger with lesser specs will not charge the phone as quickly or effectively. As noted earlier in this and other threads: I've got three DT2's -- and I've got both a Verizon QC 2.0 wall charger as backup to the original from Motorola, and a Verizon QC 2.0 car charger for each. All three phones have been updated to Marshmallow (2 via OTA and one via VSUA), all three are working perfectly, and all three are very happy with both the wall and car chargers. If you don't have a true Qualcomm certified QC 2.0 charger that can output 25w (most 3rd party chargers are limited to 18w), I urge you to check these out at Verizon.
    04-13-2016 05:10 PM
    Yes, that's the car charger I have. Worked great before the update. Now only charges about 1% every 40 minutes. Also, after the update it gives me a message on my screen when I plug in the car charger "Slow charging - to charge faster use charger that came with the phone". It never did that before the update.
    04-13-2016 08:59 PM
    Yes, that's the car charger I have. Worked great before the update. Now only charges about 1% every 40 minutes. Also, after the update it gives me a message on my screen when I plug in the car charger "Slow charging - to charge faster use charger that came with the phone". It never did that before the update.
    If I Verizon store is in your vicinity, I'm guessing they'd let you try using one of their chargers in the store so you could see if it's your charger or the phone itself having problems -- at least that's what I'd try next to narrow down the possibilities.
    04-13-2016 10:23 PM
    I also suspect that the car charger is bad if the regular charger can do a turbo charge. Try a different charger. The wirecutter has a little blurb about them http://m.thewirecutter.com/reviews/b.../#quickcharge2 and recommends this one: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B016LOKJMW...cUvbUpU5124530 (although where they got the $7.99 price I don't understand.)
    jonstrong likes this.
    04-14-2016 06:44 AM
    Does this phone support wireless calling after the update

04-17-2016 08:34 AM
    Does this phone support wireless calling after the update

Assuming that you are referring to Wi-Fi calling, no. That wasn't part of the update.
    04-17-2016 08:36 AM
    If I Verizon store is in your vicinity, I'm guessing they'd let you try using one of their chargers in the store so you could see if it's your charger or the phone itself having problems -- at least that's what I'd try next to narrow down the possibilities.
    Well, now both my wall chargers stopped working as well so I went to Verizon and they are just going to send me another phone. Weird stuff.
    04-18-2016 10:31 AM
    Well, I got my new phone and even though the Verizon rep told me it would have MM, it does not. Which is actually fine with me. Unfortunately, my battery got too low on my old phone to backup before it died so having to start from scratch.
    04-20-2016 09:31 PM
    They sent me a replacement phone with marshmallow loaded on it.

Ruined the phone.

The Bluetooth is sketchy. Will play music thru radio, but when getting a call, won't.

Won't update maps or use Internet services while on any call. So if you want to drive, with GPS and someone calls, good luck.

The backup and restore function on the messaging app fails. Old version let's you pick a folder to save in, new version will not let you pick a folder to restore.

Then the worst is the USB not functioning.

The charging problems, the transfer problems with PC and worst of all, complete removal of otg USB drives. I can't plug in a thumb drive at all to this phone.

Phone is garbage now.
    04-21-2016 12:30 AM
    They sent me a replacement phone with marshmallow loaded on it.

Ruined the phone.

The Bluetooth is sketchy. Will play music thru radio, but when getting a call, won't.

Won't update maps or use Internet services while on any call. So if you want to drive, with GPS and someone calls, good luck.

The backup and restore function on the messaging app fails. Old version let's you pick a folder to save in, new version will not let you pick a folder to restore.

Then the worst is the USB not functioning.

The charging problems, the transfer problems with PC and worst of all, complete removal of otg USB drives. I can't plug in a thumb drive at all to this phone.

Phone is garbage now.
    04-21-2016 12:46 AM
    I'm having some new issues with mm. Wife and daughter are experiencing no issues as they have not updated.

1. Battery life has become very bad in the last several weeks. Unable to make it through the day with only 3 hours screen on time. No new apps.

2. Random call drops and signal loss. This is also new to the last several weeks.

I tried to look back at known issues but this thread is now 448 pages or so. Advice? Thanks in advance.

04-21-2016 07:42 PM
462 ... 16171819