05-04-2016 01:20 PM
462 ... 171819
tools
    I'm having some new issues with mm. Wife and daughter are experiencing no issues as they have not updated.

1. Battery life has become very bad in the last several weeks. Unable to make it through the day with only 3 hours screen on time. No new apps.

2. Random call drops and signal loss. This is also new to the last several weeks.

I tried to look back at known issues but this thread is now 448 pages or so. Advice? Thanks in advance.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Try a factory reset, it's common practice after a big OS update. Bad battery life and random glitches like the call drops are often caused by old system data being optimized to run on the previous version of the OS, so wiping all that data is usually the only way to fix it.
    04-22-2016 12:00 PM
    Try a factory reset, it's common practice after a big OS update. Bad battery life and random glitches like the call drops are often caused by old system data being optimized to run on the previous version of the OS, so wiping all that data is usually the only way to fix it.
    The full reset may wind up being necessary. Short of that, you might try wiping the system cache (going into Recovery and following steps from there - doc'd on a few threads here), and also wiping Application cache for all the apps on your phone. Wiping these might address the problem, and won't require that you reinstall your apps and settings as a factory reset would.

I can attest to the fact that when all is configured properly, Marshmallow on the Turbo 2 works perfectly well, and has consistently seemed to be smoother and more stable on this phone (we have 3 of them) than Lollipop was. Battery during use seems to be about the same, and standby is generally spectacular on the phone now. Anyway - I suggest wiping the applications' caches and the system cache first and then monitoring battery for a few days before deciding on the factory reset option.
    04-22-2016 12:09 PM
    So you have otg USB ability?
    You are not using any "work arounds"?

It destroyed this phone, from the get go and Verizon has agreed to replace it.
    04-22-2016 08:58 PM
    So you have otg USB ability?
    You are not using any "work arounds"?

It destroyed this phone, from the get go and Verizon has agreed to replace it.
    Glad Verizon is replacing your phone since you're having problems...but all 3 of our DT2's have been working beautifully with Marshmallow, and also with the latest tiny OTA update Verizon pushed this week.

I hadn't actually tested with OTG until you raised the question, but thought to check it out since you asked. I haven't used OTG in the while - not since my Galaxy Nexus. So my OTG adapters are a few years old. The best I had back then was from Samsung: ET-R205UBKG

6.0 Marshmallow for the DROID TURBO 2-41lhftpodwl.jpg

I tried several USB thumb drives with it, and they all work quick nicely. I get a notification with a topic such as "Kingston USB drive" with a subheading, "For transferring photos and media". I can select the notification, explore, and see files in a list view or a grid view. It also offers to show me System Volume Information, which includes IndexerVolumeGuid and WPSettings.dat.

I tried copying a folder with a few dozen PDFs in it from my laptop onto the thumb drive, plugged the thumb drive into the OTG adapter, and was immediately able to browse and view the PDFs. I had forgotten how incredibly convenient this can be. Great to be able to carry something like a 64GB or 128GB flash drive and use it either with the laptop or the phone, although I already have a 64GB SD card in the phone (looking to use a bigger one as the prices keep dropping).

The one thing that didn't work via OTG, and that I didn't expect to work, was when I plugged my 2TB Seagate Plus Portable Drive into the OTG adapter. I got an error - the phone reported the drive as "corrupted" and offered to fix it. But knowing that the phone doesn't have the power to operate a 2TB mechanical portable drive, and might, in fact, need an app like StickMount to make it work, I did NOT allow the phone to make an attempt as "fixing" my Seagate backup drive. But again - I didn't expect this to work, and it's not a big deal, since I it appears than USB flash drives are working just fine via OTG support.

Anyway - to your question - yes, OTG support seems to be fine with Marshmallow on my Droid Turbo 2. All 3 of our DT2's are working beautifully with the updates, all are on Marshmallow, nothing was lost, damaged or corrupted.
    04-23-2016 03:19 PM
    Can you post the exact version number?
    I would like to know why yours works and mine is not working, since it came directly from them like this.

Mine says just 6.0
    04-23-2016 07:32 PM
    Android version 6.0
    Android security patch level - March 1, 2016
    Configuration version - L14.MOT.XT1585.0
    Baseband version - M8994_1255339.41.01.94.01R KINZIE_VZW_CUST

Kernel version
    3.10.84-perf-g41d2efe-00003-g1ae05e8
    hudsoncm@ilclbld85 #1
    Wed Mar 30 14:23:41 CDT 2016

System version
    24.14.12.kinzie_verizon.verizon.en.US

Build number
    MCK24.78-13.12
    04-23-2016 10:22 PM
    Thanks
    04-24-2016 04:02 PM
    I've been going through this since the last update (4 days ago) and not the original 6.0 update.
    No turbocharge. Very slow charge if any at all.
    I wiped my cache partition, finally did a factory reset. Nothing.
    Finally bit the bullet and called verizon. Spent 2 hours on the phone between 3 techs and after they made me to a factory reset again and drain my battery below 50% (supposedly the newest update doesn't turbot charge unless it's below 50%).. That's not the case because my turbocharge still did not come up when I was below 50%.
    My best results in regards to getting the fastest charge have come from doing a hard reboot (up rocker and power for 7 seconds) with power plugged in, letting it reboot and charge. But once unplugged and/or used the charge crawls again.
    OUTCOME: I honestly don't think they know what the problem is.
    They finally admitted that this is a known issue and told me that is within the software update NOT the hardware. In other words they not trying to give trade anymore phones out.
    They actually told me that if they gave me a new phone I would have the same exact issue until Motorola pushes out another update.
    They went on about this is new software and how normal it is to find bugs when new software is pushed out JEEZE!!!
    I'm going to Verizon tomorrow and hopefully I get a new phone or different phone.. I have never been through anything like this and I've had my share of phones.
    -Kennedy
    05-01-2016 03:50 PM
    I've been going through this since the last update (4 days ago) and not the original 6.0 update.
    No turbocharge. Very slow charge if any at all.
    I wiped my cache partition, finally did a factory reset. Nothing.
    Finally bit the bullet and called verizon. Spent 2 hours on the phone between 3 techs and after they made me to a factory reset again and drain my battery below 50% (supposedly the newest update doesn't turbot charge unless it's below 50%).. That's not the case because my turbocharge still did not come up when I was below 50%.
    My best results in regards to getting the fastest charge have come from doing a hard reboot (up rocker and power for 7 seconds) with power plugged in, letting it reboot and charge. But once unplugged and/or used the charge crawls again.
    OUTCOME: I honestly don't think they know what the problem is.
    They finally admitted that this is a known issue and told me that is within the software update NOT the hardware. In other words they not trying to give trade anymore phones out.
    They actually told me that if they gave me a new phone I would have the same exact issue until Motorola pushes out another update.
    They went on about this is new software and how normal it is to find bugs when new software is pushed out JEEZE!!!
    I'm going to Verizon tomorrow and hopefully I get a new phone or different phone.. I have never been through anything like this and I've had my share of phones.
    -Kennedy
    I was part of the soak and there were a few people in the forums that reported the issue. I'll see if I can find what they did but they got the issue fixed by doing some steps if you haven't gotten a new phone already.
    05-03-2016 11:31 AM
    After very recent 2 part OTA switch to Marshmallow, my Turbo II reboots randomly. Very frustrating. This even after Factory Reset with no 3 party Apps installed and a reformatted micro SD card.

I hope they are working on a fix. I shouldn't have updated but figured they'd have it all sorted by now. A big resounding NO.

Android version 6.0
    Android security patch level - March 1, 2016
    Configuration version - L14.MOT.XT1585.0
    Baseband version - M8994_1255339.41.01.94.01R KINZIE_VZW_CUST

Kernel version
    3.10.84-perf-g41d2efe-00003-g1ae05e8
    hudsoncm@ilclbld85 #1
    Wed Mar 30 14:23:41 CDT 2016

System version
    24.14.12.kinzie_verizon.verizon.en.US

Build number
    MCK24.78-13.12
    05-04-2016 11:07 AM
    Sorry to see you experiencing this. I've got the exact same version installed -- and about 110 apps installed -- and no random reboots at all, on the 3 different Droid Turbo 2's we've had since mid-November. As frustrating as this must be for you, I don't think it's a general problem, unless perhaps there's some unique but uncommon combination of environmental factors (e.g., 3G vs 4G signal, Wi-Fi, etc.) that trigger an obscure issue.
    05-04-2016 12:56 PM
    After very recent 2 part OTA switch to Marshmallow, my Turbo II reboots randomly. Very frustrating. This even after Factory Reset with no 3 party Apps installed and a reformatted micro SD card.
    I would try removing the SD card. I know you reformatted it, but if the hardware is bad, that could be the cause of your reboots. With a factory reset and no 3rd party apps, I can't think of much else that could be different between yours and ours
    05-04-2016 01:20 PM
462 ... 171819