05-04-2016 01:20 PM
462 ... 45678 ...
tools
    I especially love it when I do a update check and it says my device software is up to date... LOL.. Should say something like, yeah we know, we're 2 versions behind, but what the heck, we don't care... LOL

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-02-2016 08:04 AM
    They pulled it again. Not enough marshmallow in it. "winky face"
    TJ Kelly Jr and jmkasperek like this.
    03-02-2016 08:30 AM
    So Verizon lied about the update today.
    Again - as I said earlier, when updates happen usually a very small percentage of users get the update day one. And a very small percentage of Turbo 2 owners post on this forum. Multiply two small percentages together and you get really small percentages. It's unsurprising nobody is reporting it.
    03-02-2016 10:28 AM
    Nope, nothing. Typical Verizon
    03-02-2016 10:29 AM
    So Verizon lied about the update today. Somehow I'm not surprised. I'm regretting my impulse purchase of my Nexus less and less now.

Posted via my up-to-date Nexus 6P
    Hm? I am not sure what you mean by this. This update is about the Droid Turbo 2 so why would they have any effect on your Nexus 6P?
    03-02-2016 12:08 PM
    So Verizon lied about the update today. Somehow I'm not surprised. I'm regretting my impulse purchase of my Nexus less and less now.

Whatever happened to all those guys who would come charging in with "It's not late if they never promised a date!!!"?
    03-02-2016 01:14 PM
    Hm? I am not sure what you mean by this. This update is about the Droid Turbo 2 so why would they have any effect on your Nexus 6P?
    I originally bought a Turbo 2, but all the Verizon BS got to my head and I impulsively bought myself a 6P (no regrets). I use that now as my daily driver while keeping the Turbo 2 as a backup phone, so naturally I'm still keeping track of its MM update.

Whatever happened to all those guys who would come charging in with "It's not late if they never promised a date!!!"?
    I'm just going off of what Droid Life told us... if Verizon didn't say so officially then I take my statement back. Still, I've been keeping an eye out and absolutely nobody seems to have gotten it yet.
    Almeuit likes this.
    03-02-2016 02:24 PM
    I originally bought a Turbo 2, but all the Verizon BS got to my head and I impulsively bought myself a 6P (no regrets). I use that now as my daily driver while keeping the Turbo 2 as a backup phone, so naturally I'm still keeping track of its MM update.
    Ah okay -- makes sense! .
    jimbo1mcm likes this.
    03-02-2016 02:29 PM

I'm just going off of what Droid Life told us... if Verizon didn't say so officially then I take my statement back. Still, I've been keeping an eye out and absolutely nobody seems to have gotten it yet.
    How's battery life on the 6p? I remember you said it's not as good as the Turbo 2, but am curious what kinds of times you're getting.
    weatherlover1 likes this.
    03-02-2016 02:39 PM
    Is this a conjecture (from the lack of ANYONE seeing it so far), or something more-or-less official from Verizon? The Verizon support pages still list it as "Droid Turbo 2 by Motorola last updated 03/01/2016". For all that's worth.
    03-02-2016 02:42 PM
    This is the last carrier phone I'll ever have. Too bad because I love the droid line.
    03-02-2016 02:55 PM
    Entitlement, it's so pervasive.

I don't have my update yet. I didn't purchase my phone for MM, so if I never get it I'm OK with it, because no one owes me anything unless specifically promised... And nothing ever was.

maxman1 and weatherlover1 like this.
    03-02-2016 04:21 PM

I don't have my update yet. I didn't purchase my phone for MM, so if I never get it I'm OK with it, because no one owes me anything unless specifically promised... And nothing ever was.

They have promised us that the phone was updated to 6.0.1 on 3/1/2016, yet my phone is not on that update. My phone runs great and I love it, but I still want my marshmallow update, as they explicitly stated on their page that it was updated to this version of Android.

Posted by the Droid Turbo 2 authored by its Human!!!
    Mattsg430 likes this.
    03-02-2016 04:35 PM
    But it was promised. And I'm entitled to it.
    TJ Kelly Jr likes this.
    03-02-2016 04:36 PM
    They promised to begin the update rollout on 3/1/2016. They didn't say that everyone would have it immediately.
    03-02-2016 05:57 PM
    How's battery life on the 6p? I remember you said it's not as good as the Turbo 2, but am curious what kinds of times you're getting.
    This is my latest run. It seems to be settling in nicely. I get around 4.5 SOT over 21 hours at 15% with everything on but Bluetooth, location set to device only, and screen set on 30-40% adaptive brightness. Not quite as good as the Turbo 2 but more than enough to get through a day and then some.

Attachment 218304Attachment 218305Attachment 2183066.0 Marshmallow for the DROID TURBO 2-6141.jpg

Does nobody still have the update for the Turbo 2 yet?

03-02-2016 06:06 PM
    I've not seen it yet, nor any confirmed downloads or the set of update files available, so I'm guessing it's either still in soak test or not actually released yet.

Posted by the Droid Turbo 2 authored by its Human!!!
    03-02-2016 06:32 PM

No I was not promised anything by a certain date and no it didn't come with MM out of the box, but that doesn't mean I am displaying 'entitlement' for discussing my frustration. Android updates have been a pain point for users for quite sometime now and it would be nice if it would improve. I got a good deal on this phone, much better than what I could have gotten on a Nexus, and I like the Moto features. I've considered all other phones and at the end the day this was my top choice. I know I sacrifice speedy updates, but that doesn't mean I should sit silently in the corner and accept it.

TJ Kelly Jr and Mattsg430 like this.
    03-02-2016 06:52 PM
    Even Drippler is reporting that it is released enmass
    03-02-2016 07:11 PM
    Most users aren't even aware... Number of people clicking the update button ever hour is pretty small I imagine. In a week it will be when will they patch the problems that the update brings, and how do I downgrade ...
    weatherlover1 likes this.
    03-02-2016 07:47 PM
    Even Drippler is reporting that it is released enmass
    If it's on the Internet, it must be true.
    TJ Kelly Jr likes this.
    03-02-2016 08:15 PM
    Meh, Been here before. What, was it the Razr Maxx HD or the Maxx that completely skipped honeycomb and went straight to Kitkat after numerous delays? It's frustrating but stuff happens.
    03-02-2016 08:29 PM
    something strange going on, will let you know tomorrow after I get it what version it is
    03-02-2016 09:24 PM
    something strange going on, will let you know tomorrow after I get it what version it is
    What's so strange?
    03-02-2016 09:54 PM
    Probably the Moto email saying part 2 of the soak (I guess) is starting tomorrow. SWIM told me he got that email today. I bet Verizon got confused thinking the actual rollout was on the 1st when it was just more testing. Wouldn't be the first time Verizon did something really stupid.
    03-02-2016 11:19 PM
462 ... 45678 ...